HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft [Part II]

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=668035

enjoy

a lot of teams would draft jones 1OA
It took me 9 times till Florida won the lottery for me haha

Old
04-29-2013, 11:37 AM
CaptainScrewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
For those comparing Bouw to Jones.... Come on... Bouw was hyped because of his skating and size, but he he was far from the complete package.. He never made the playoffs 1 time as a junior, he was a minus player EVERY YEAR in his junior career... Seth Jones, in his 1 junior season, has the point production AND he was a +46. In the playoffs so far, 15 games, 13 pts +11.. Oh yea, he's 3 for 3 in gold medals at the International level - 2 U18 and 1 U20.. He would've played in the U20 as a 16 year old but got hurt.

This guy is gonna be SO good.. I really hope we win the lottery tonight, while I would LOVE MacKinnon.. I really want Jones. A right side of Jones, Gudbranson and Petrovic is scary.

Yep. Jones is second in rookie scoring in the WHL playoffs, not Dman scoring...that's all rookie players. Second. Only behind a rookie RW by two points. Dude is a beast. BTW those worried about the Jay-Z partnership and that we may be a small market, I greatly disagree. Even though we aren't in Miami we are still marketed as being a 'Miami' team. That is huge and just makes him that much more unique.

Old
04-29-2013, 11:43 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
It took me 9 times till Florida won the lottery for me haha
Did that 5 times, got:

FLA
FLA
WPG
FLA
PHI

First I thought when I opened it, that it would just give EDM every time.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:05 PM
ogonz

I'm with what seems to be the majority on this board, I'd take Mackinnon as our top choice. Drouin as my second choice. Ideally I would love to see us get two top 3 picks and draft both Mackinnon and Drouin. I am all for trading next year's 1st, 2nd, and any one of Strachan, Robak, anyone from the following 4th line, or list of those I'd like to see gone. With next year's team looking something like:

Fleischmann Weiss Versteeg
Drouin Mackinnon Huberdeau
Mueller Goc Kopecky
Bergenheim Shore Howden

Campbell Gudbranson
Kulikov Petrovic
Weaver Brennan

With Trojcheck, Bjugstad, Strachan, and Robak as potential call-ups.
Markstrom and hopefully a new veteran goaltender we can sign for one or two seasons sharing the net.
One way or another I would love to see all of the following gone:
Upshall, Parros, Matthias, Skille, Jovanovski, Kuba, Theodore, Clemmensen

Old
04-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Beezeral

One thing we are all forgetting when making up potential lines for next year is Tallon's preference for these guys to play one last year of Junior hockey before getting called up to the NHL.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:09 PM
ursavolta

vCash: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogonz View Post
I'm with what seems to be the majority on this board, I'd take Mackinnon as our top choice. Drouin as my second choice. Ideally I would love to see us get two top 3 picks and draft both Mackinnon and Drouin. I am all for trading next year's 1st, 2nd, and any one of Strachan, Robak, anyone from the following 4th line, or list of those I'd like to see gone. With next year's team looking something like:

Mueller Goc Kopecky
Bergenheim Shore Howden

Campbell Gudbranson
Kulikov Petrovic
Weaver Brennan

Markstrom and hopefully a new veteran goaltender we can sign for one or two seasons sharing the net.

hum.. not bad.. but shore + howden should be sent down to SA to get quality time in the forward ranks + pp. We drafted those guys to be better than just 4th line minute guys. I dont mind keeping upshall ont eh 4th.. great hustle.. he is just injury prone.. thats about it, and matthias is the perfect bottom 6 player. We need him.

Parros, kuba i would like to see traded or bought out. But i could see us grabbing a 4th line center (or shifting matthais over) and signing other linemates on the bottom 6.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:14 PM
ogonz

Quote:

Mueller Goc Kopecky
Bergenheim Shore Howden

Campbell Gudbranson
Kulikov Petrovic
Weaver Brennan

This seems like a much stronger and deeper team than what adding Jones would do for us. After this horrible season, this is a team that needs to win now, not 5 years from now. Jones is a player who might become dominant 3-4 years from now, but he won't get us into the playoffs next season. By the time, he becomes dominant, the rest of the core might be gone with ownership looking to cut back on salaries.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Hariken

will Tallon be on TV tonite?

Old
04-29-2013, 12:23 PM
ogonz

Shore and Howden could definitely be replaced by Matthias and Upshall. I just don't like how inconsistent those two are. Matthias showed great promise for a month and then just disappeared again like always. Shore and Howden could really use more than 4th line minutes but I just love the speed they bring to the team. Also, our 4th line guys still seem to average about 11 minutes a game which isn't too bad and they could always be moved up to 3rd line depending on performance. The only issue I see with sending them down to the AHL for one more season is I still wouldn't see them cracking our top 2 lines the following year either.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:28 PM
ogonz

Possible lineup next season if we draft Jones:

Mueller Goc Huberdeau
Bergenheim Shore Kopecky
Upshall Matthias Howden

Campbell Gudbranson
Kulikov Petrovic
Jones Brennan

In my opinion, this is no where near as strong a team, and with the much tougher division next season, we will be far out of the playoffs again.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!

Quote:
Possible lineup next season if we draft Jones:

Mueller Goc Huberdeau
Bergenheim Shore Kopecky
Upshall Matthias Howden

Campbell Gudbranson
Kulikov Petrovic
Jones Brennan

In my opinion, this is no where near as strong a team, and with the much tougher division next season, we will be far out of the playoffs again.
Why would Jones be on the left side? Why are Huby and Mueller on the wrong sides? And I don't think Weiss is coming back...

Old
04-29-2013, 01:04 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

5 times of the lottery and I got:

Colorado
Florida
Colorado
Dallas
Carolina

To me, its win-win tonight. It seems like it's destined be be Jones to Avs and MacKinnon to Florida. I hope we win the lottery, then we are in control of the situation.

If we win the 1st overall, and Tallon really likes MacKinnon, I believe Avs will be pretty desperate to trade up. Avs fan(?), and Avalanche could really use a D-man. If Tallon plays this right and hints that he wants Jones, Colorado will pay.

If we draft 2nd overall we get either MacKinnon or Jones.

I'll be happy either way, but I really really want MacKinnon.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:05 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
One thing we are all forgetting when making up potential lines for next year is Tallon's preference for these guys to play one last year of Junior hockey before getting called up to the NHL.
You mean minor league hockey not junior right? And Tallon has shown before that isnt always the case, see Gudbranson. Regardless, he's always said he would like guys to get some time in the AHL but for the right prospects, he won't mind them going straight to the NHL.

MacKinnon has played 2 yrs in juniors already so I doubt he'll learn anything from returning there for a 3rd yr. He's already solid defensively so he can hold his own in that regard (this is often why a lot of prospects get sent back to juniors). If he shows up to camp in good shape and beats out everyone else he's competing with, then I'm sure Tallon wouldnt have an issue with keeping him in the NHL next season. He could use probably another 10 lbs of additional weight but that can come in time and not a requirement as Huberdeau has shown this past yr.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Acadmus
pastured mod

With the season officially done, it's time to sticky this, no?

Old
04-29-2013, 01:46 PM
ogonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
Why would Jones be on the left side? Why are Huby and Mueller on the wrong sides? And I don't think Weiss is coming back...
I am just listing wings and pairings, not what side they should be on. If Weiss doesn't come back, then I hope and think we will bring in a similar replacement.

Old
04-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Yeah, as much as Jones isnt the sexy pick for us, he is the best prospect in the draft. We have to accept it if Tallon did indeed choose him. In regards to Drouin, the one thing that scares me a bit is his sudden rise in the rankings. Wasnt he ranked around the 20s this time last year, where as players like Mac and Jones were already ranked as two of the top prospects in this upcoming draft?
I'm sure Drouin was ranked all over the place. MacKinnon and Jones have been identified as impact players for this draft is for a few years now. I dont think that's necessarily a slight against Drouin, but it is a testament to Jones and MacKinnon I guess that despite having a target on their backs for the inevitable criticisms of their games leading up to the draft, they are still ranked at the top of the draft.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

I dont think Jones would be on the 3rd pairing. He would probably be on the 1st, maybe with someobe else subbing in for a few of his shifts so there's not too much pressure on him. But Campbell and Jones would be a nasty pairing if Campbell returns to form next season.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:08 PM
ogonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
5 times of the lottery and I got:

Colorado
Florida
Colorado
Dallas
Carolina

To me, its win-win tonight. It seems like it's destined be be Jones to Avs and MacKinnon to Florida. I hope we win the lottery, then we are in control of the situation.

If we win the 1st overall, and Tallon really likes MacKinnon, I believe Avs will be pretty desperate to trade up. Avs fan(?), and Avalanche could really use a D-man. If Tallon plays this right and hints that he wants Jones, Colorado will pay.

If we draft 2nd overall we get either MacKinnon or Jones.

I'll be happy either way, but I really really want MacKinnon.
I think Colorado would be desperate to get Jones as well. Which is why I would really love the #1. That way we can get Mackinnon and something extra at #2 if we trade with them.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I'm sure Drouin was ranked all over the place. MacKinnon and Jones have been identified as impact players for this draft is for a few years now. I dont think that's necessarily a slight against Drouin, but it is a testament to Jones and MacKinnon I guess that despite having a target on their backs for the inevitable criticisms of their games leading up to the draft, they are still ranked at the top of the draft.
Yeah, its not a slight against Drouin, the kid has had an amazing year, I would just feel better with Jones or Mac, who have been considered the top prospects in this draft for a while now.

Old
04-29-2013, 02:19 PM
16Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I dont think Jones would be on the 3rd pairing. He would probably be on the 1st, maybe with someobe else subbing in for a few of his shifts so there's not too much pressure on him. But Campbell and Jones would be a nasty pairing if Campbell returns to form next season.
Is he better than Guds and Kuli already?

Old
04-29-2013, 02:21 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 50
Was looking at the forum and going "holy ****, who posted inappropriate things in the draft thread and got it deleted".

Oh, it's been sticky'ed. Nevermind..

Old
04-29-2013, 03:05 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

Had a terrible nightmare that Bolts won the lottery..

Old
04-29-2013, 03:08 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
In 5-10 years i think it's entirely plausible if a player outside of the "Big 3" is at least percieved to be on the same level.

This elite tier (7 deep IMO) is the deepest elite tier in quite awhile.

I think i'm actually rooting for Edmonton to win the lottery.

Old
04-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Skippy View Post
Is he better than Guds and Kuli already?
Gudbranson? Easily IMO. Kulikov? Probably. If Kuli cuts down on those couple brainfarts a game then maybe not.

Closed Thread