HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft [Part II]

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
And still the only team in the east to force Devils to elimination game, and lost in double OT. Goal-differential doesn't mean ****, I couldn't care less if we were -50 or more as long as we make the playoffs.

But lets get back on topic. This discussion is idiotic.
Agreed. I mean our goal differential is -57 and TB is +2(not including tonight) and we are only 6pts behind them in the standings. Thats a 60goal difference and we are only 6pts behind them. Goal diffential means squat.

Having the balance to be able to score, specially timely goals and play enough defense is what wins in this day and age. Our defense is better then TB's IMO, our injuries derailed our season. If we can bring in a top line offensive talent we will be better built for our future balance wise. Because our scoring is really lacking alot.....Mac would greatly improve that specially if put on a line with Huby where thay can benefit from eachother.

Old
04-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
huh? why
In other words, draft a forward in the first round, draft a defenseman in the 2nd.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 310
Lets go for defense after being shutout for the 7th time in 47 games...If this isnt a clear stat for offense (Mac) then I dont know..

Old
04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Lets go for defense after being shutout for the 7th time in 47 games...If this isnt a clear stat for offense (Mac) then I dont know..
exactly and if we can keep the puck in the offensive zone more then we don't have to worry about being so perfect all game on D

Old
04-26-2013, 09:20 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
exactly and if we can keep the puck in the offensive zone more then we don't have to worry about being so perfect all game on D
Jones is very sound offensively too. probably going to be ~50%-ish of macKs production

it worked well last year even if we didnt score a lot, we had good breakouts and cycled it well.

im just a sucker for big D, but macK probably better

Old
04-26-2013, 05:14 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Some thoughts from the U-18. I only watched games involving Russia since only that group was available or i was only free at that time (Their games always latest Sochi time).

I haven't seen any of Canada or Sweden. I am sure others are in a position to give a better opinion there (i won't be able to watch the Final game). Sweden had a very poor tournament (Their 95's aren't strong). From the sounds of it, De La Rose had a solid tournament and may not be available with our 2nd. Conversely, Hagg from all accounts had a very difficult tournament. He is plagued with inconsistencies but does represent interesting upside (skates well, calm demeanor and good vision). I'd seriously contemplate looking at him in the 2nd. Burakowsky had a medicore showing and looks like a classic 2nd round pick. Flash of skills immersed in inconsistency.

Watched a little of Finland. Lekhonen didn't stand out in the game i watched. Thought Finland were average offensively. Don't think their draft crop is deep past the Big 3. Very good goalie (has size issues). Would be a nice late round pick.

Czech republic had more interesting offensive players IMO, though most were 2014 eligible. Watch out for Vrana next year. Zdrahal caught my eye for this year. Ok sized right winger with nice hands. Had solid first year stats in the Q, but i think there might be some tools there that project well professionaly. Wouldn't mind selecting him in the later rounds. Common theme with the European teams ; couldn't handle aggressive forechecking.

USA. Only watched one game. Santini seemed like a solid player. Not an outstanding talent, but seems to play a nice two way game. Projected as a late 1st or early 2nd. Fasching showed speed and flash but i wasn't particularly impressed. I don't know who #7 was (right handed) but i liked him.

I watched Russia by far the most. Nichushkin was hit and miss, but is an outstanding talent. Prone to selfishness at times but can cycle very well, is terrifying of the rush and handles the puck very well.

Buchnevich is projected to go in rounds 2 or 3. Nice size, skates well, nice hands and has a very very heavy shot. I don't think he's the best puck possession player, but has definite NHL qualities. Has qualities few available forwards have from round 2 onwards.

Tolchinski i thought was disappointing. Very entertaining player but against the better teams i found there was little substance. Excellent speed combined with beautiful puck skills and creativity and i also found him to be quite tenacious. Still, he was quite ineffective when it mattered.

Barbarshev is a very nice prospect for 2014. I believe Tkachyov is 2014 eligible, but i might be wrong. If he's eligible this year, i'd definitely be interested. Smaller player with usual excellent Russian technique.

Just some random thoughts for anybody who is interested. Sadly didn't see Canada (and McDavid).

Old
04-26-2013, 09:44 PM
gudzilla

13:45 COL S. Elliott (1) Wrist - ASST: M. Duchene (24) AND P. Parenteau (25) 2 - 1 PHX
16:52 COL PPG - P. Parenteau (18) Slap - ASST: J. Mitchell (10) AND P. Stastny (15) 2 - 2 TIE
17:52 COL P. Bordeleau (2) Wrist - ASST: M. Duchene (25) AND T. Vincour (2) 3 - 2 COL

the comeback!

Old
04-27-2013, 12:21 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:

How about this.
Resign Weiss, and draft Mackinnon. Now well have Weiss,Mackinnon,Bjugstad,Goc, Shore, and Matthias at center. Yes, that's a lot but I'd rather have an abundance of centers than none.
Trade: Clemmensen,Upshall and Skille. I like Skille's hardwork but he doesn't put the puck in the net or even hit the net with shots for that matter, and I'd rather have someone in the lineup who can help on offence than him.

We can have lines like:
Flash-Weiss-Steeg
Huberdeau-Mackinnon-Mueller
Bergy

Old
04-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:

How about this.
Resign Weiss, and draft Mackinnon. Now well have Weiss,Mackinnon,Bjugstad,Goc, Shore, and Matthias at center. Yes, that's a lot but I'd rather have an abundance of centers than none.
Trade: Clemmensen,Upshall and Skille. I like Skille's hardwork but he doesn't put the puck in the net or even hit the net with shots for that matter, and I'd rather have someone in the lineup who can help on offence than him.

We can have lines like:
Flash-Weiss-Steeg
Huberdeau-Shore/Mackinnon-Mueller
Bergy-Goc/Matthias-Kopecky

That sounds good to me

Old
04-27-2013, 12:57 AM
iam76

i know its late but i think you just had a conversation with yourself

Old
04-27-2013, 02:10 AM
FrolikFan67

i dont think we could afford weiss and mackinnon. flash and steeger get decent money at 4.5 and 4.4, bergy just under 3, kopecky at 3, mueller would need a new contract, weiss could be decently pricey, huberdeau's at 3.2 and will need a new contract in 2 years, mackinnon could be over 3.5 and would need a new one in 3 years. campbell makes over 7.1, jovo at 4.25, kuba at 4, kulikov needs a new one after this upcoming season. gudbransons at 3.2 and will need a new one after next season as well. plus upshall at 3.5 i think if we get mackinnon it means no weiss. itd be mackinnon, matthias, and goc most likely, with shore and bjugstad in san antonio.

i think as long as you have mackinnon and huberdeau together on a line, fleischmann and versteeg together on a line, and a bergenheim-goc-kopecky 3rd line, we'll be set. just need a center for flash and steeger and itd probably be matthias for now, and a rw for mac and hubby and thatd probably be mueller for now. i want to use a compliance buyout on upshall and trade or buyout (not a compliance buyout since we might need that for jovo lol) kuba. either way, i just dont want upshall, jovo and kuba on the team, but im sure jovo stays for at least this next season. ideally i'd want campbell, gudbranson and kulikov in the top-4 with petrovic and weaver together on the 3rd line with matheson eventually replacing weaver whenever matheson's ready to leave school.

Last edited by FrolikFan67: 04-27-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old
04-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Not sure were to put this on your board but From the Bruins would you take as a core to a deal Lucic+ Spooner or Krejci+Khokolachev, Bruins can throw in Peverly or a couple top 60 draft picks to add, for you first overall pick.

You guys get two offensive (three if you get Peverly) one proven the other a top prospect from the Bruins.
Top 6 of
Lucic Huberdeau Versteeg
Flash Spooner Mueller

Old
04-27-2013, 04:29 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Not sure were to put this on your board but From the Bruins would you take as a core to a deal Lucic+ Spooner or Krejci+Khokolachev, Bruins can throw in Peverly or a couple top 60 draft picks to add, for you first overall pick.

You guys get two offensive (three if you get Peverly) one proven the other a top prospect from the Bruins.
Top 6 of
Lucic Huberdeau Versteeg
Flash Spooner Mueller
huberdeau is not a center.

and no, we won't trade it unless its for a proven long-term signed superstar la getzlaf or similiar (atleast in my opinion)

Old
04-27-2013, 04:35 PM
batting1k
HFB Partner

MacKinnon or Drouin seem like no brainers honestly. Lets be honest, our offense has never really been that good over the past few years except for last year maybe. We're not consistent offensively plus we already have a bunch of defensive prospects (Matheson from LAST year, Petrovic, Robak plus young guys in Kulikov and Gudbranson). What good is defense if we don't have consistent scoring? We need someone who can kick start the offensive and MacKinnon /Drouin seem really explosive from videos of them that I've seen. Yeah we have offensive prospects but but most won't be ready for a couple years like Trocheck, Grimaldi, etc.

Old
04-27-2013, 04:37 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by batting1k View Post
MacKinnon or Drouin seem like no brainers honestly. Lets be honest, our offense has never really been that good over the past few years except for last year maybe. We're not consistent offensively plus we already have a bunch of defensive prospects (Matheson from LAST year, Petrovic, Robak plus young guys in Kulikov and Gudbranson). What good is defense if we don't have consistent scoring? We need someone who can kick start the offensive and MacKinnon /Drouin seem really explosive from videos of them that I've seen. Yeah we have offensive prospects but but most won't be ready for a couple years like Trocheck, Grimaldi, etc.
good outlets is a very big part.

highlights rarely tell you the whole story. however, i'd rather take jones over drouin, macK or jones is a wash up depending on what happends with the other defensemen we have

Old
04-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Chino Oscar

Day dreaming here, but it would be awesome if we could somehow trade for the 2nd or 3rd overall pick in order to get both Mac and Drouin, like the Canucks did when they got both Sedin twins!

Old
04-27-2013, 07:20 PM
batting1k
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
good outlets is a very big part.

highlights rarely tell you the whole story. however, i'd rather take jones over drouin, macK or jones is a wash up depending on what happends with the other defensemen we have
Yeah agreed, but MacKinnon and Drouin seem to be really versatile and explosive. Both have extremely soft hands and the NHL's scouting profile video of Drouin agrees with that. I think we need more energy up front and they both look like their out to win every game. I know the QMJHL isn't the same as the NHL but both have staellar statistics. The Panthers are probably debating between Jones and Mac and they're probably leaning towards Jones.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:38 PM
FrolikFan67

@chino oscar

if a scenario like team X getting the 1st pick and picking jones, then us at 2 and taking mackinnon, and colorado gets the 3rd, if i were the gm i would go realllllllly hard for that pick. it could be anyone at 3 and id still try hard but colorado missing out on jones would still need D so id offer a package of kulikov + bjugstad. id go insane if we got both mackinnon and drouin! Huberdeau-MacKinnon-Drouin

Old
04-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Chino Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
@chino oscar

if a scenario like team X getting the 1st pick and picking jones, then us at 2 and taking mackinnon, and colorado gets the 3rd, if i were the gm i would go realllllllly hard for that pick. it could be anyone at 3 and id still try hard but colorado missing out on jones would still need D so id offer a package of kulikov + bjugstad. id go insane if we got both mackinnon and drouin! Huberdeau-MacKinnon-Drouin
Nice, Bill Lindays mentioned it on the telecast, would be nice to keep Mac and Drouin together if we get another pick! I would try to keep our defensemen intact and try to work a trade with future 1st round picks and our offensive prospects (Bjugstad, Trochek, Grimaldi, Shore), basically knowing that those two will lock down 1st/2nd line duties!!

Old
04-27-2013, 08:46 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

If Colorado comes back to win, Tampa will be #2 and a great shot at Jones. That would be beyond huge for them, and a huge pain here.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
@chino oscar

Drouin will probably be a good player but in no way do I want to trade Kulikov and Bjugstad for him. As a matter of fact if I had a choice I'd rather draft Barkov than Drouin.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:47 PM
pantherbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
If Colorado comes back to win, Tampa will be #2 and a great shot at Jones. That would be beyond huge for them, and a huge pain here.
In some way, I actually want to see tampa do well. Next year it will be just us and tampa against all the canadian teams, and I sure wouldn't mind seeing both our teams do well against the rest of the division and shut them up.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:07 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Draft lottery odds

Chance at #1 pick - teams may only drop one spot

Lottery 8PM Monday

1. 25.0% PANTHERS
2. 18.8% Avalanche
3. 14.2% Lightning
4. 10.7% Predators
5. 8.1% Hurricanes
6. 6.2% Flames
7. 4.7% Oilers
8. 3.6% Sabres
9. 2.7% NJ DeBoers
10. 2.1% Stars
11. 1.5% Flyers
12. 1.1% Coyotes
13. 0.8% Jets
14. 0.5% Blue Jackets

Old
04-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Pantherfan12

I still feel that resigning Weiss and drafting Mackinnon is the best route. Drafting Jones and then trading Kulikov or a mix of Kulikov and ??? is only a lateral move, as Jones will most likely still need 4 to 5 years to develop. IMHO, Kulikov and Gudbranson will be just fine next season and we can all agree that we lack offense and especially top line offense. Unless Tallon has something up his sleeve in order to get both Jones AND Mackinnon, I believe he will go after Mac.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:12 AM
homegrizown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I still feel that resigning Weiss and drafting Mackinnon is the best route. Drafting Jones and then trading Kulikov or a mix of Kulikov and ??? is only a lateral move, as Jones will most likely still need 4 to 5 years to develop. IMHO, Kulikov and Gudbranson will be just fine next season and we can all agree that we lack offense and especially top line offense. Unless Tallon has something up his sleeve in order to get both Jones AND Mackinnon, I believe he will go after Mac.

i agree in a way, but remember that the free agent list will get bigger once these teams up against the cap use their amnesty deals. lots of guys who arent as good as they used to be but it does give the chance of getting someone decent at a decent price maybe on a shorter contract so they can prove they r who they used to be ala someone like brad richards could be bought out. he plays all roles.

just an idea

Closed Thread