HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft [Part II]

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 09:31 AM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I still feel that resigning Weiss and drafting Mackinnon is the best route. Drafting Jones and then trading Kulikov or a mix of Kulikov and ??? is only a lateral move, as Jones will most likely still need 4 to 5 years to develop. IMHO, Kulikov and Gudbranson will be just fine next season and we can all agree that we lack offense and especially top line offense. Unless Tallon has something up his sleeve in order to get both Jones AND Mackinnon, I believe he will go after Mac.
I'd like to have Weiss back but he's going to cost way too much and he's not worth it.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I'd like to have Weiss back but he's going to cost way too much and he's not worth it.
A short deal would be fine and then we could trade him at the deadline and get at least something for him. I dont wanna see him being here for another 6 years...
It should be Macs time to shine at center.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:44 AM
homegrizown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
A short deal would be fine and then we could trade him at the deadline and get at least something for him. I dont wanna see him being here for another 6 years...
It should be Macs time to shine at center.
agreed if mack is ready bjugstad looks pretty good. definitely strong enough to compete. shore and matthias. all young great skating great at faceoffs. we aren't far away. and no need to rush anyone with having goc for another year. so let them all compete and whoever isn't ready they either get good time in san antonio or in juniors (mack)

Old
04-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
agreed if mack is ready bjugstad looks pretty good. definitely strong enough to compete. shore and matthias. all young great skating great at faceoffs. we aren't far away. and no need to rush anyone with having goc for another year. so let them all compete and whoever isn't ready they either get good time in san antonio or in juniors (mack)
Well said. I hope Tallon thinks the same..If he takes Jones we will have to take another direction..

Mac isnt AHL eligble right?

Old
04-28-2013, 09:52 AM
batting1k
HFB Partner

Nope. He either plays in the NHL or goes back to juniors because he's only 17.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by batting1k View Post
Nope. He either plays in the NHL or goes back to juniors because he's only 17.
Too bad..Not sure what Halifax will look like..A number of players might go to the NHL. I wouldnt like him playing on a team like Huby did when being in his final year with Saint John.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Too bad..Not sure what Halifax will look like..A number of players might go to the NHL. I wouldnt like him playing on a team like Huby did when being in his final year with Saint John.
Halifax will still have at least two strong lines, and Fucale will still be there. Anyway I wouldnt worry about it, Mackinnon will be in the nhl next season.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:20 AM
homegrizown

Quote:
Well said. I hope Tallon thinks the same..If he takes Jones we will have to take another direction..

Mac isnt AHL eligble right?
yea i would like to think that only 1 of those guys is on this team next year. unless they prove they deserve it in that case u could try and swing a deal of a goc or matthias somewhere. jugs or mack even shore played well and they all have great qualities but there is no since rushing them either when goc has a 1 year left and matthias prob won't get more then a 2 year i would think. something similiar to the kulikov deal (for less money tho)

when healthy this team has alot of depth now. you can see at least the kids can come up and compete but ideally this season wouldn't be how you'd wanna see things paly out. a howden/jugs/shore for a stretch of a few weeks is ok but playing the whole season on a 3rd or 4th line isn't gonna help him as opposed to playing 15-20 minutes a night and really learning every asset of the game better.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:38 AM
batting1k
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Halifax will still have at least two strong lines, and Fucale will still be there. Anyway I wouldnt worry about it, Mackinnon will be in the nhl next season.
Not sure about his size, but skill-wise he's ready for the NHL imo

Old
04-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

I don't understand why people seem to think we're gonna trade kuli or guds if we get jones... We're gonna be adding a superstar dman to an already good young defense .. Jones, Guds and Petro all down the right side is ridiculous.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:47 AM
homegrizown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
I don't understand why people seem to think we're gonna trade kuli or guds if we get jones... We're gonna be adding a superstar dman to an already good young defense .. Jones, Guds and Petro all down the right side is ridiculous.
i would think maybe becuz he's on the last year of his deal. and maybe becuz at times we and others might over value him. so at best he could get us a top 6 forward who is young and we get a d-men who will come in younger and on a longer deal.

agreed that with jones kuli gudbranson and petro that is amazing quality top 4 for the future not only with robak who looks like he could play 5-6 spot and matheson a few years away.

but i think technically they need more top 6 forwards then they need dmen. if guddy,petro and kuli are developing right thats 3/4 of your top 4 where as we only have 2 real top 6 forward types developing right now (jugs and hubby)

Old
04-28-2013, 11:22 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 50
Quote:
i would think maybe becuz he's on the last year of his deal.
Kulikov is still Panthers property for another 2 years after that current contract.

7 years to reach UFA

3 year ELC
2 year contract that he has now (one year left)
2 years RFA left

Old
04-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Everybody mentions Kulikov Guds Petro and Jones.. But Campbell and his play style will still be affective for quite a few more years... Campbell-Jones for the foreseeable future.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
yea i would like to think that only 1 of those guys is on this team next year. unless they prove they deserve it in that case u could try and swing a deal of a goc or matthias somewhere. jugs or mack even shore played well and they all have great qualities but there is no since rushing them either when goc has a 1 year left and matthias prob won't get more then a 2 year i would think. something similiar to the kulikov deal (for less money tho)

when healthy this team has alot of depth now. you can see at least the kids can come up and compete but ideally this season wouldn't be how you'd wanna see things paly out. a howden/jugs/shore for a stretch of a few weeks is ok but playing the whole season on a 3rd or 4th line isn't gonna help him as opposed to playing 15-20 minutes a night and really learning every asset of the game better.
Not sure I would deal any of these two guys. Goc has proven he can be a very valuable and be up to a second line center. Depends of course who we have available at that position next season.
Matthias has shown he has some upside but again he really disappeared in April..That can not happen..Dineen benched him for that. At least he wont get that much money now.

The depth is very good. Interesting if we will buy out a few players who are useless. I would welcome it that we get rid of guys who we dont need..
All should go back to the AHL..Even Shore. He isnt needed yet if everyone is healthy. But he was the best of the 3 (esp. early on.) I havent watched many of Bjugstads games therefore I dont wanna make an opinion about him. From what I have seen , good defensively but still adjusting to the speed..
Howden has been good (playing on a line with Upshall and Parros *cough*). For that he has beeen good and creating opportunities. STill needs to find his scoring touch which should be done in the AHL. He is at least a whole season away.
We should release Weiss and get a FA. There might be a few available esp. with the compliance buyouts in the offseason. Might be our chance to add another one to our core.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Everybody mentions Kulikov Guds Petro and Jones.. But Campbell and his play style will still be affective for quite a few more years... Campbell-Jones for the foreseeable future.
Campbell and Petrovic We wont draft Jones

Old
04-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Campbell and Petrovic We wont draft Jones
We have a 75% chance of not getting him, so most likely you're right.

Old
04-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Not sure about his size, but skill-wise he's ready for the NHL imo
He's average sized. As long as he puts on 5-10 pounds it wont be a problem.

Old
04-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
We have a 75% chance of not getting him, so most likely you're right.
I dont want him also..Not saying he isnt very good but I am looking at a superstar on offense. Very much in favor of Mac.

Old
04-28-2013, 01:57 PM
batting1k
HFB Partner

Quote:
He's average sized. As long as he puts on 5-10 pounds it wont be a problem.
Yeah, I wasn't sure. I remember we weren't sure about Huberdeau's size prior to the start of this season and he's bigger than Mac.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:15 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

I think also Petrovics play might factor into the decision. He has proven that he is ready to take the next step, so we are in more of a need for an elite forward than another defenseman. Even if Jones is gonna be better than any of the ones we have, we still got a great D-core for the future without him.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't sure. I remember we weren't sure about Huberdeau's size prior to the start of this season and he's bigger than Mac.
Huberdeau is taller but MacKinnon is actually heavier. Jonny is still a stringbean.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:37 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
I think also Petrovics play might factor into the decision. He has proven that he is ready to take the next step, so we are in more of a need for an elite forward than another defenseman. Even if Jones is gonna be better than any of the ones we have, we still got a great D-core for the future without him.
I agree. A core of Soupy, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Petrovic, and Brennan is a good way to start, and with Matheson coming up over the next couple of years, we have the makings of a very solid core. Jones makes the core great, probably one of the top cores in the league, but how much money are we going to have to spend to keep this core down the line? Id much rather see us get MacKinnon, give us an elite top line, with depth in the forward department, and a good defensive core built around Markstrom.

Quote:
Huberdeau is taller but MacKinnon is actually heavier. Jonny is still a stringbean.
Heavier, and with his speed, and a solid two way game already, he can play in the NHL next season. He might get outmuscled at times, but his speed is what is going to make him a success early on. Once he and Huberdeau gain some experience in the league, and build a chemistry together, watch out!

Old
04-28-2013, 03:09 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

How does Mackinnon compare to Yakupov or Galchenyuk?

Old
04-28-2013, 03:21 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
MacK is better than both.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:22 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
If all three were in a draft together, both would be selected after MacKinnon.

Closed Thread