HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA NHL 14 cover vote **GET TO VOTING!!**

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2013, 12:00 PM
  #76
vinc90
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Tavares wins over simmonds

vinc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:01 PM
  #77
StumpNYI
Registered User
 
StumpNYI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 500
Tavares FTW!

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
  #78
JTforPres2012
Registered User
 
JTforPres2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
JT advances, will face bobrovsky in the semis.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:24 PM
  #79
NYIdieselandy
Registered User
 
NYIdieselandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
already voted 50 times going to do some more in a bit...damn work getting in the way.

NYIdieselandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:30 PM
  #80
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,821
vCash: 500
LOL. Now I can go back to thinking that it's rigged.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:36 PM
  #81
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade
 
nyiguy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Country: Poland
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Why are people getting so up in arms about a silly video game cover? It's going to be a long off-season......
I want JT's face and the Islanders all over the place, and it's always a long off-season.

nyiguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 01:27 PM
  #82
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,772
vCash: 500
LETS DO THIS!

Rigged or not, lets vote like crazy ( I must have recorded a hundred or so votes last night).

I'm buying the game regardless, but I'd rather JT on the front.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:02 PM
  #83
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Tavares FTW!
Nice, I was getting the impression that Simmonds already ousted JT and was prepared for that news today. Keeping it grooving.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:27 PM
  #84
cjdv16
Registered User
 
cjdv16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 6,096
vCash: 500
So now, everyone who yelled and screamed about this not being fixed, can begin the process of kissing my rear end. (only kidding)

I'll continue to vote, but if it's not clear now, it will never be.... this thing is rigged and JT will be on the NHL14 cover.

Book it (again).


Last edited by cjdv16: 05-20-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: i missed the sarcasm emoticon
cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:28 PM
  #85
cjdv16
Registered User
 
cjdv16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 6,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Nice, I was getting the impression that Simmonds already ousted JT and was prepared for that news today. Keeping it grooving.
...... the signs of a good marketing machine. Nice job EA.

Miraculous comeback by JT. The kid's got no quit in him.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:32 PM
  #86
StumpNYI
Registered User
 
StumpNYI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 500
Coincidentally, he is once again up against a small market western conference goaltender in the final 4. He lost to Pekka Rinne last year in the same round. Let's not let it happen again.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:32 PM
  #87
Team Houda
Registered User
 
Team Houda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
If EA was in the practice of rigging their voting, how did Peyton Hillis end up on the cover of Madden?

Team Houda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:33 PM
  #88
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
...... the signs of a good marketing machine. Nice job EA.

Miraculous comeback by JT. The kid's got no quit in him.
He really steps it up when the time calls. He has to win MVP.


IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 05:50 PM
  #89
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,148
vCash: 500
I probably voted about 200 times last year. This year, about 20.

I'm firmly in the 'it's rigged' camp.

I bet if the Isles missed the playoffs I'd have voted a lot more though.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:27 PM
  #90
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,420
vCash: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Junkie View Post
I probably voted about 200 times last year. This year, about 20.

I'm firmly in the 'it's rigged' camp.

I bet if the Isles missed the playoffs I'd have voted a lot more though.
Same, I'm about to step up my game later.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:58 AM
  #91
Paulinho
No Man's Sky
 
Paulinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
It is NOT rigged, fortunately Tavares will be receiving a lot more support from non islander fans after being nominated for the Hart, getting the Islanders into the playoffs & all the media spotlight on him this year. Plus he is young and a nice guy, just ideal for the cover. He is pretty much this years Claude Giroux.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:05 PM
  #92
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
It is NOT rigged, fortunately Tavares will be receiving a lot more support from non islander fans after being nominated for the Hart, getting the Islanders into the playoffs & all the media spotlight on him this year. Plus he is young and a nice guy, just ideal for the cover. He is pretty much this years Claude Giroux.
Just as I have no proof that it's rigged (other than Yip losing in the 1st round with ******&4chan voting for him) you have no proof that it's not rigged. The reasons that you give are exactly why I think he'll be on the cover regardless of this fan vote.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:17 PM
  #93
StumpNYI
Registered User
 
StumpNYI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Just as I have no proof that it's rigged (other than Yip losing in the 1st round with ******&4chan voting for him) you have no proof that it's not rigged. The reasons that you give are exactly why I think he'll be on the cover regardless of this fan vote.
If it's not? Posting about it being rigged may sway a few people who might put up a few votes to not care. Could be the difference. Not saying I disagree with you. Just maybe we should stop the rigged talk and just campaign a bit for him.

And I often post the link to the ballot because it's super easy. If people are willing to click on this thread, they should be willing to click on this link. Despite how stupid they think this is and come in here to remind us of that. Could generate some votes for him.

http://covervote.nhl.com/#/ballot

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:26 PM
  #94
Team Houda
Registered User
 
Team Houda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
I worked in the interactive gaming industry for a decade, and have made a number of close contacts at EA. While I could never guarantee for a fact that this vote isn't rigged, I would be genuinely surprised to find out that it was. Loose lips sink ships, and I can't imagine the PR fallout for EA if one employee decided to somehow let it slip that this was a set up. The risk FAR outweighs the reward on something like that. EA is a corporation (albeit a slightly slimy one). They would not expend the time, effort, and most importantly money to execute something like this for the fan vote to not count at all. They would simply put the athlete that they wanted on the cover and that would be that. They're not going to generate enough in additional sales through this to justify a fake election campaign. Again, I can't say I'm 100% sure, but as someone that has spent some time in this industry, I would be astonished if this was all a big ruse.

Team Houda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:32 PM
  #95
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Houda View Post
I worked in the interactive gaming industry for a decade, and have made a number of close contacts at EA. While I could never guarantee for a fact that this vote isn't rigged, I would be genuinely surprised to find out that it was. Loose lips sink ships, and I can't imagine the PR fallout for EA if one employee decided to somehow let it slip that this was a set up. The risk FAR outweighs the reward on something like that. EA is a corporation (albeit a slightly slimy one). They would not expend the time, effort, and most importantly money to execute something like this for the fan vote to not count at all. They would simply put the athlete that they wanted on the cover and that would be that. They're not going to generate enough in additional sales through this to justify a fake election campaign. Again, I can't say I'm 100% sure, but as someone that has spent some time in this industry, I would be astonished if this was all a big ruse.
I gotta agree with this.

Logically, are the potential sales of Tavares vs Simmons worth the potential PR fallout of a rigged contest? I think not.

I'm voting my ass off during these playoff games.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:31 PM
  #96
DatsyukNBure*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
go dastyuk


Last edited by DatsyukNBure*: 06-17-2013 at 09:37 PM.
DatsyukNBure* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:23 AM
  #97
Hyphistos
Registered User
 
Hyphistos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 426
vCash: 500
Don't know if this was posted yet, but despite Colin's lacking acting skills I find this pretty funny:


Hyphistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
  #98
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
Don't know if this was posted yet, but despite Colin's lacking acting skills I find this pretty funny:

Is he wearing a wings hat? This is a funny video

Tavaresfan91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:38 PM
  #99
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
Don't know if this was posted yet, but despite Colin's lacking acting skills I find this pretty funny:

It's definitely a very funny vid. It's always great to see the players act like idiots. Should have been a tag team with CMac and Grabner as co-campaign managers - that would have been something.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
  #100
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
Don't know if this was posted yet, but despite Colin's lacking acting skills I find this pretty funny:

That was well done.

__________________
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.