HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA NHL 14 cover vote **GET TO VOTING!!**

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-27-2013, 12:12 PM
  #151
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,427
vCash: 500
Haha, what a joke. Actually, I didn't want JT to win without the C on his jersey anyway. He'll get it next year with the correct letter.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 12:15 PM
  #152
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,467
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
nice run guys


Last edited by Scottyk9: 05-27-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 12:15 PM
  #153
Kings County KING
"$8M GOALIE MY ASS!"
 
Kings County KING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 718 (Go NJD & NYI!)
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Sorry, guys. I max-voted for JT every day, but there'll be many more years where he'll be in the running for sure.

Now, I hope you guys vote for Marty.

Kings County KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 12:33 PM
  #154
xECK29x
Moderator
 
xECK29x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Deer Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,821
vCash: 500
EA Sports is a bunch of idiots, this franchise has gone downhill for years.

xECK29x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 01:10 PM
  #155
MatthewBarnabysTears
Registered User
 
MatthewBarnabysTears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 50
but it's rigged!, remember?

MatthewBarnabysTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 02:03 PM
  #156
Hipietro
Registered User
 
Hipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,450
vCash: 500
The whole idea of voting for this is dumb. Just pick a guy and put him on the cover, not that hard.

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 02:39 PM
  #157
Jester9881
Registered User
 
Jester9881's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 6,628
vCash: 500
I'm not voting in these things anymore..... complete waste of time.

Jester9881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 04:05 PM
  #158
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,615
vCash: 500
I think Johnny got hurt by the Datsyuk and Brodeur voters as well... at least most of them. If you want your guy to make it to the cover, who would you rather see him face in the finals: John Tavares or Sergei Bobrovsky? Exactly.

"Hey guys, you hear who is on the cover of NHL this year?"
"Who?"
"Sergei Bobrovsky"
"Oh...cool..."

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 04:34 PM
  #159
YearlyLottery
Registered User
 
YearlyLottery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,402
vCash: 500
I'm gonna out my bet on Brodeur. He gave them the green light to use his mask in the game this year.

YearlyLottery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 05:42 PM
  #160
islesfan186
YES! YES! YES!
 
islesfan186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
Sucks that he lost. Saves me $60 bucks. I said I wasn't getting another EA NHL game until the new systems come out or an islander is on the cover. With EA announcing there will be no NHL 14 on PS4/Xbox one, and JT losing, looks like ill be waiting until NHL 15

islesfan186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 10:03 AM
  #161
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan186 View Post
Sucks that he lost. Saves me $60 bucks. I said I wasn't getting another EA NHL game until the new systems come out or an islander is on the cover. With EA announcing there will be no NHL 14 on PS4/Xbox one, and JT losing, looks like ill be waiting until NHL 15
why do you care who is on the cover.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 10:45 AM
  #162
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
The whole idea of voting for this is dumb. Just pick a guy and put him on the cover, not that hard.
They want the fans to be involved. Plus its free advertising for the game. It actually makes a ton of sense to do it this way.
This also gives them a idea of how many copies might sell.
Its rather clever actually.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 10:49 AM
  #163
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
EA Sports is a bunch of idiots, this franchise has gone downhill for years.
yea i feel that the game has not progressed to much lately. The game can be fun but it needs a radical improvement IMO.
I still buy the game as i find it fun to play with my friends from time to time. But single player is just not fun. I used to love playing single player seasons in the past. they tried with the GM mode but it was buggy and required way to much attention for a sports video game

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 10:50 AM
  #164
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I think Johnny got hurt by the Datsyuk and Brodeur voters as well... at least most of them. If you want your guy to make it to the cover, who would you rather see him face in the finals: John Tavares or Sergei Bobrovsky? Exactly.

"Hey guys, you hear who is on the cover of NHL this year?"
"Who?"
"Sergei Bobrovsky"
"Oh...cool..."
you guys could be right i guess. I think its a bit f stretch though.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 10:50 AM
  #165
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan186 View Post
Sucks that he lost. Saves me $60 bucks. I said I wasn't getting another EA NHL game until the new systems come out or an islander is on the cover. With EA announcing there will be no NHL 14 on PS4/Xbox one, and JT losing, looks like ill be waiting until NHL 15
Yes there will be no NHL 14 on the " new Consoles" But there will be ones for the current systems

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:12 PM
  #166
Team Houda
Registered User
 
Team Houda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
So much for it being rigged for JT, huh?

I agree that both groups voting for Brodeur and Datsyuk probably voted for Bob as well in order to ensure a cakewalk in the finals. I would love to see Bob pull off a miracle and wind up on the cover.

As far as gameplay goes, I believe that EA upgrades the game engine every other year. One year will be a new engine, resulting in a different overall feel, and the next year will be nothing more than simple tweaks. They have been on this cycle for a while now, and I would assume that we will see no major changes in the engine (gameplay) until the next gen platforms arrive.

Team Houda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 02:01 PM
  #167
islesfan186
YES! YES! YES!
 
islesfan186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Yes there will be no NHL 14 on the " new Consoles" But there will be ones for the current systems
Yes but the game is continually an overhyped crapshow. The last good NHL game IMO was 2004, and 2009 was serviceable. Only reason I would have bought it this year would be if JT won the cover just for the fact that it would be cool to have someone from my favorite team on cover...just supporting my team

islesfan186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 02:21 PM
  #168
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan186 View Post
Yes but the game is continually an overhyped crapshow. The last good NHL game IMO was 2004, and 2009 was serviceable. Only reason I would have bought it this year would be if JT won the cover just for the fact that it would be cool to have someone from my favorite team on cover...just supporting my team
You must suck at the game if you think its an over-hyped crapshow. I love the NHL game, its the only game I buy and play.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 02:36 PM
  #169
stranger34
Registered User
 
stranger34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nassau County
Posts: 3,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
yea i feel that the game has not progressed to much lately. The game can be fun but it needs a radical improvement IMO.
I still buy the game as i find it fun to play with my friends from time to time. But single player is just not fun. I used to love playing single player seasons in the past. they tried with the GM mode but it was buggy and required way to much attention for a sports video game
Agree totally with this. There were years on PS2 that I loved single player season mode. On PS3 GM is way too involved, and the games vs the computer arent fun.

I do love playing it online vs friends though.

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 04:11 PM
  #170
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
Agree totally with this. There were years on PS2 that I loved single player season mode. On PS3 GM is way too involved, and the games vs the computer arent fun.

I do love playing it online vs friends though.
I play alot of Club games on the 360

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 04:38 PM
  #171
islesfan186
YES! YES! YES!
 
islesfan186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
You must suck at the game if you think its an over-hyped crapshow. I love the NHL game, its the only game I buy and play.
I dont play online because I dont like playing against 5 year olds who spam the same move over and over.
Singleplayer is garbage, from the AI that cannot get knocked off the puck when they are down a goal, to horrific teammember AI, wildly inconsistent goaltending, and never calling obvious penalties...interference being the main one. the game has run its course on current gen consoles IMO

islesfan186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:09 AM
  #172
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 476
Oh well, back to the NHL 94 emulator it is!

IceAce is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.