HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game 45: Kings vs. Stars - 4/21/13 - Dominant OT WIN!

Old
04-22-2013, 04:10 AM
cubsfan999

vCash: 500
Not sure if mentioned: Kings now have most home wins in NHL. So weird to say that

cubsfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:26 AM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

what a ****in game! i hate that rousselle guy

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:29 AM
KingsCorona

Tonight we beat both the Dallas Stars and the Dallas Zebras at the same time. Proud of our boys for gritting their teeth and playing hard in response to that ridiculously lopsided reffing. Dallas didn't deserve the point they got, but at least we got ours and still picked up a non shootout win.

Last edited by KingsCorona: 04-22-2013 at 05:06 AM.
KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:10 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Remember when Jeff Carter only scored in blowouts?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:14 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
The Kings are currently the only team that is top ten in the NHL in goals per game (8th), goals against per game (7th), power play percentage (10th), and penalty kill percentage (10th).
That's a very telling stat and one really says alot about how well balanced this team is. As good as they were last year in the playoffs, just think how much better this year with Carter healthy. He and Richards have been very dominent over the last 10 games or so, bodes well for a good long run this year. Quick rounding into form, Greene back and getting much needed minutes prior to the playoffs, Slava getting better every shift, Dewey playing like man possessed, don't see how the Kings don't get the credit they deserve, and getting a little tired of the so called experts talking up the Hawks and Pens to death.

Good for the Bluejackets, hope they hold that 8th spot, they deserve it and will give the Hawks a run for their money. Hawks only faced Bob once this year and threw 40 shots at him;peppered hm good and he stoned them, they only won 2-1 due to a shootout goal.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:18 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Loved the way we finished this game...like champs. We didn't get two points, we took two points. Best of Kings hockey right there.
Yes they did and that's says all you need to know about the character of the team. DL put this team together, picking the person , rather than the player, that character is what he wanted to form and grow and it's paying off in spades. Lots of leadership in that room and you can see how close they are, they play for each other and shift after shift , it comes thru.
I can't see anyone beating them, when they are this dominent 4 lines deep, 4 games ouf of 7.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I'm at a complete loss that there are Dallas fans complaining about the officiating (in our favor)
yeah, the Dallas board was a good read.

There were a few who admitted the Stars were lucky to get a point, and that the Kings dominated OT.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

That was the best part of the game to me. We kept stepping up to the challenge(s) thrown at us and when we got to O.T. we just flat out beat the Stars in every way. Great win for us even if it was in O.T. .

Watching that tool jump into the air AND THEN knock the puck out of the air with a high stick only to go on and get a goal afterwards was one of the worst officiating jobs I have seen this season if not longer.

Great win.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
No. Only in clutch situations .

KingKopitar11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:20 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:21 AM
fsanford

All I can say is Matt Greene is one big bruising defensmen, I don't think Regher is as good as Mitchell but is really very solid. Love all 3 pairings right now.

No coincidence that Quick's game has come around as well, playing with that bit of a nasty edge. Gave up 2 last night (1 that clearly should not have counted).
Still needs to get a bit more under control. His puck handling last night was as good as I have seen from him, in like ever.

Carter going into beast mode in O.T.

Really a fun game to watch last night.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
All I can say is Matt Greene is one big bruising defensmen, I don't think Regher is as good as Mitchell but is really very solid. Love all 3 pairings right now.

No coincidence that Quick's game has come around as well, playing with that bit of a nasty edge. Gave up 2 last night (1 that clearly should not have counted).
Still needs to get a bit more under control. His puck handling last night was as good as I have seen from him, in like ever.

Yes--he's starting to believe again (by his body language) that NOTHING should score on him and that is a very good thing.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
And somehow Toronto agreed with them. And the last part is what really gets me.
The trouble is that I'm pretty sure Toronto has no say in whether it was a high stick or not. That call is totally on the refs. Toronto can only review the part of the play where the goal is directly scored. The refs missed the call on the high stick (which can't be overturned upon review) and even if Toronto agreed that it was played with a high stick since the puck didn't go in directly off of the high stick they cannot over turn that call... Hopefully that makes sense.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Ollie Weeks

Stars had no business getting a point, they should be thanking the twisted chaotic hockey gods for their OT loss on their squirming bellies.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:28 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
The trouble is that I'm pretty sure Toronto has no say in whether it was a high stick or not. That call is totally on the refs. Toronto can only review the part of the play where the goal is directly scored. The refs missed the call on the high stick (which can't be overturned upon review) and even if Toronto agreed that it was played with a high stick since the puck didn't go in directly off of the high stick they cannot over turn that call... Hopefully that makes sense.
I think you nailed it.

That blown call is entirely on the refs. And since the linesman (either Cvik or Sharrers) called it correctly on the ice and was waved off, the blame falls squarely on Hasenfratz and Leggo.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:30 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Very impressive that 24 of the Kings 26 wins this year have been regulation or OT wins (23 in regulation, 1 in OT).

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:33 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Every King touched the puck in a 5 second span.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:35 AM
cyclones22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post

Agreed on all fronts. Regehr has big game experience. That makes me feel comfortable when he's out there because he's played big minutes in big games before. He plays a simple game and he plays a mean game. Still miss Mitchell, but thank goodness Dean got RR.

I don't blame Quick for any of those goals last night. 2 very fortunate bounces and the high stick deflection. No softies.

Carter and Richards tied for second in team scoring. Not resting on those Cup winning laurels, which some had predicted.

That OT, personifies what makes Drew special and on a different level from most of his contemporaries. Others can make plays like that, but it's not just how, it's when. Not many can do it when it really matters. Drew can and does.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:36 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan999 View Post
Not sure if mentioned: Kings now have most home wins in NHL. So weird to say that
Something said on air last night, was that lost in all of the talk about the Kings having such a good road playoff record, was that we had the best home record as well at 6-3. It's just that we had so few home games.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Martyros

Good, we don't have to use the "we lost because of the refs" excuse; there's always a way to win, even against the refs.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

vCash: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
8 game winning goals this season. Most in the NHL.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:35 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
LOL. Thanks for the clarification on the rule, BTW. I've solidified my position to "THAT'S BS MAN!!!!".

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

I can't believe Brownie has 18 goals this season. Good job Captain.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgonzo View Post
I can't believe Brownie has 18 goals this season. Good job Captain.
Yes! Hard to believe that over the course of a full season we have a likely 45-50 goal scorer in addition to a 30-goal scorer.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:50 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
8 game winning goals this season. Most in the NHL.
Wow that's a huge % of the Kings wins.

Imagine how dark it would be if DL never pulled the trigger on the Carter trade.

I'd love for him to hit 50 next year, hopefully with a solid top 6 LW to balance out the line