HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Season Roster

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Jakey53

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It is a proposal from a Canes fan on the main board. If Carolina can grab Drouin, for example, in the draft, then maybe Skinner for Gormley and one of Pulock, Wennberg, Domi, Lazar, etc might become much more appealing.
True.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:31 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It is a proposal from a Canes fan on the main board. If Carolina can grab Drouin, for example, in the draft, then maybe Skinner for Gormley and one of Pulock, Wennberg, Domi, Lazar, etc might become much more appealing.
Drouin won't be around when the 'Canes pick, unless they win the lottery and if they win the lottery they'll likely just draft Jones...

I doubt that Maloney would like Skinner's contract.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:39 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Drouin won't be around when the 'Canes pick, unless they win the lottery and if they win the lottery they'll likely just draft Jones...

I doubt that Maloney would like Skinner's contract.
Perhaps, but GMDM could also clear salary by moving Morris, Klesla, Moss, and Michalek if he wanted to. It'd be difficult, but not entirely impossible. Bigger roadblock could be the NHL overlords thinking it's too much money. But after all, it's not often when someone proposes trading you a legit first line, young goal-scorer and not ask for any of your core pieces in return.

That being said, I don't think Drouin falls to Carolina either, although there are scenarios in which that could easily happen. And even though I think we could afford Skinner w/o moving a core piece like Yandle, obtaining him would make resigning our plethora of impeding free agents that much more difficult.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:52 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Perhaps, but GMDM could also clear salary by moving Morris, Klesla, Moss, and Michalek if he wanted to. It'd be difficult, but not entirely impossible.
The Coyotes are not in a position to dump players, would have to replace those players, and that term on Skinner's contract is too long...

Old
04-27-2013, 10:20 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
The Coyotes are not in a position to dump players, would have to replace those players, and that term on Skinner's contract is too long...
For theorycrafting's sake Morris can be replaced by Stone, Klesla with Rundblad, and then we resign Summers as the 7th with Gormley ready as an occasional call-up while he gets another year in Portland. Obviously a lot younger on the blueline and not as deep, but it should still be more than servicable. And we have a lot of bottom sixers as it is - I do like what Moss brings, but 2.1 million for a 5 goal scorer is still too much and can be replicated for cheaper. Moss, Klesla, and Morris cleared should just about cover Skinner's cap hit.

Again, this is all just fantasy, and the odds of us getting Skinner are just about the same as the odds of winning the draft lottery. Obviously the easiest path to affording Skinner would just be trading Yandle.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:45 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
For theorycrafting's sake Morris can be replaced by Stone, Klesla with Rundblad, and then we resign Summers as the 7th with Gormley ready as an occasional call-up while he gets another year in Portland. Obviously a lot younger on the blueline and not as deep, but it should still be more than servicable. And we have a lot of bottom sixers as it is - I do like what Moss brings, but 2.1 million for a 5 goal scorer is still too much and can be replicated for cheaper. Moss, Klesla, and Morris cleared should just about cover Skinner's cap hit.

Again, this is all just fantasy, and the odds of us getting Skinner are just about the same as the odds of winning the draft lottery. Obviously the easiest path to affording Skinner would just be trading Yandle.
I would rather keep Yandle than trading him for Skinner and his contract and like I said, the Coyotes can not afford to dump contracts and would need to replace those players with other NHL contracts (preferably forwards if the' Yotes do move those players and for about the same contract value). They will not make an impact on free agency and with the cap going down, the premium players would be the top grinders with a relatively low salary like Chipchura, Gordon, and Klinkhammer...

and then the RFAs deserve a raise (Boeds, Stone, and Korpi)

I like the odds of the lottery better than the odds of getting Skinner

Like rt has been saying, the Coyotes may need to move Yandle or those other players just to make budget for next season...

Old
04-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
We have extra D, so maybe a 2 for 1 might work

Old
04-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
I would rather keep Yandle than trading him for Skinner and his contract and like I said, the Coyotes can not afford to dump contracts and would need to replace those players with other NHL contracts (preferably forwards if the' Yotes do move those players and for about the same contract value). They will not make an impact on free agency and with the cap going down, the premium players would be the top grinders with a relatively low salary like Chipchura, Gordon, and Klinkhammer...

and then the RFAs deserve a raise (Boeds, Stone, and Korpi)

I like the odds of the lottery better than the odds of getting Skinner

Like rt has been saying, the Coyotes may need to move Yandle or those other players just to make budget for next season...
GMDM always seems to find a way.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:23 AM
lanky

Since we're going to win the lottery tomorrow and we don't have to trade Yandle. I think our lineup should look like

Miele - Hanzal - Vrbata
Torres - Vermette - Doan
Korpikoski - MacKinnon - Boedker
Moss - Gordon - Chipchura

Michalek - OEL
Morris - Yandle
Klesla - Stone

Smith
Johnson

And if Maloney wants to harvest our defensive prospect pool we could bring in Voracek to replace Miele.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I don't know which is less likely...Miele on the first line or Torres on the second line

Old
04-28-2013, 10:40 AM
lanky

Or MacKinnon being a Coyote.

But hey, one can dream.

Old
04-28-2013, 10:52 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Since we're going to win the lottery tomorrow and we don't have to trade Yandle. I think our lineup should look like

Miele - Hanzal - Vrbata
Torres - Vermette - Doan
Korpikoski - MacKinnon - Boedker
Moss - Gordon - Chipchura

Michalek - OEL
Morris - Yandle
Klesla - Stone

Smith
Johnson

And if Maloney wants to harvest our defensive prospect pool we could bring in Voracek to replace Miele.
Take away smith and sounds good!

Old
04-28-2013, 11:10 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Since we're going to win the lottery tomorrow...
Trade the 1st (and a prospect) to Tampa Bay for the 4th pick, Bishop, Connolly, and Malone...

Trade Yandle and Bissonette for Couturier and Voracek

Old
04-28-2013, 11:38 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Trade the 1st (and a prospect) to Tampa Bay for the 4th pick, Bishop, Connolly, and Malone...

No way in hell Philly does that second trade, and I wouldn't do the first one. Just take MacKinnon and be happy. He's exactly what we need.

04-28-2013, 11:45 AM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Didn't Tampa JUST acquire Bishop? Generally speaking, if a team has had a player for more than 24 hours but less than 6 months, he's not for trade.
Quote:
I'm OK with the value, but doesn't Philly have enough cap problems? Doesn't Couturier-for-Yandle add $3m to Philly's bottom line?

Old
04-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Grimes

Quote:
No way in hell Philly does that second trade
But Biz would have almost had 12 assists in a reg season!

Old
04-28-2013, 12:13 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:

Heck no to either. Take MacKinnon if we get the lottery, and no way Philly would even consider the latter.

Old
04-28-2013, 02:08 PM
RR

Anyone else catch Maloney talking about Jordan Szwarz and the possibility of him making the team next year as a 4th liner? He said Schwarz was a Boyd Gordon-type player, then noted he was on a very affordable contract. He can't possibly be thinking of Szwarz to replace Gordon. Can he?

Old
04-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Primrose Everdeen
In Carey We Trust

vCash: 564
Send a message via Skype™ to Primrose Everdeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Anyone else catch Maloney talking about Jordan Szwarz and the possibility of him making the team next year as a 4th liner? He said Schwarz was a Boyd Gordon-type player, then noted he was on a very affordable contract. He can't possibly be thinking of Szwarz to replace Gordon. Can he?
Gordon is a UFA isn't he? Might just be a possibility if we can't re-sign him for some reason.

I really liked the Gordon-Moss-Klinkhammer line, sure our top six needs an overhaul but I'd really like to see that line intact for next year.

Of course, I said the same about the Brule-Langkow-Chipchura line from last year and we all saw how that one panned out. I wasn't really factoring age into consideration when I thought that, though.

04-28-2013, 02:52 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
I'm really high on Szwarz. I would have no problem with him on the fourth line next year. Hopefully it's WITH Gordon and not INSTEAD of him though.

Old
04-28-2013, 03:48 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell Brandner View Post
I'm really high on Szwarz. I would have no problem with him on the fourth line next year. Hopefully it's WITH Gordon and not INSTEAD of him though.
That's good to hear. If he joins Gordon on the 4th line what should we expect? If Gordon is gone, what part of his game can Szwarz replace?

Old
04-28-2013, 04:02 PM
mitch27

From what I've seen he's a relentless forechecker with good speed. He's isn't the shot blocker that Gordon is and he's not quite as good defensively. That said, he's still good in his own zone. I think he has higher offensive upside than Gordon as well (which I realize isn't saying much).

Old
04-28-2013, 04:44 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Didn't Tampa JUST acquire Bishop? Generally speaking, if a team has had a player for more than 24 hours but less than 6 months, he's not for trade.I'm OK with the value, but doesn't Philly have enough cap problems? Doesn't Couturier-for-Yandle add $3m to Philly's bottom line?
Generally speaking, if they want Seth Jones, they may be willing.I would prefer Barkov, Bishop, Connolly, and Malone to MacKinnon, and the Coyotes will have (more of) a depth problem with forwards.

The Philly scenario was 2 for 2, but the Flyers would add ~$400,000
and it is an overpayment, but Yandle would be the best player involved. And I do believe that Bissonette would be a better fit in Philly than Az.

Old
04-28-2013, 05:20 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Generally speaking, if they want Seth Jones, they may be willing.I would prefer Barkov, Bishop, Connolly, and Malone to MacKinnon, and the Coyotes will have (more of) a depth problem with forwards.

The Philly scenario was 2 for 2, but the Flyers would add ~$400,000
and it is an overpayment, but Yandle would be the best player involved. And I do believe that Bissonette would be a better fit in Philly than Az.
Bolts won't overpay like that for the #1. I'm sure they'll be just as happy with Barkov, Lindholm, or that Russian winger.

Nothing against Barkov, and he'd be a great fit with the system, but right now he is not in the same tier offensively as MacKinnon. Mac is so dynamic and his play would be such a marketing asset. Very easy to build around him.

Trades in the top 5 generally don't involve significant assets, usually just picks. But really, an offense starved team like the Yotes shouldn't mess around when winning the #1 and just take the Jeremy Roenick clone in Mac. Im pretty sure Nashville, a team that's basically our twin brother who is also in dire need of a dynamic franchise center, would also take Mac over Barkov as well if they won the lottery. The offensive ceiling gap between the two is just that significant.

Old
04-28-2013, 05:21 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

One name I'd really like to see the Coyotes consider is Joe Sacco.

Alright, pick your jaws up off the floor, I'm well aware he's a garbage head coach. No interest in that. I'd like to relieve John Anderson of his duties and replace him with Sacco. Our God awful power play being the reason, of course. Say what you want about Sacco, and you should because he's a terrible HC. However, I was really impressed with the Avs PP until this season. I always felt they had a really nice set up with the man advantage. Obviously this season it sucked, but it was a joke of a season, they were decimated by personnel injuries, and the whole damn team was basically off the rails. I'd like to give him the keys to our pp and see what he can do. Anderson isn't working. If Tippett has truly taken over this season, clearly he's not working either. We need another PP Chief. I think Sacco is probably looking for some redemption. This would be a good opportunity for him. It's likely this or go coach in juniors.

Closed Thread