04-22-2013, 04:53 AM
Rogalo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiorising View Post
On a scale of 1 - 100 (for accuracy)

1) what you expected

2) what you've seen
As a Czech I always root for our players. But with Jagr I was sceptical. Moving to Boston which (compared to Dallas) has such a stacked team loaded with talent...I could not see him dominating the way he has nor having the big icetime he has been getting from Julien. A (pleasant) surprise all around. So:

1) 70

2) 110:-)

Rogalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:21 AM
MAINE-IAC

MAINE-IAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:23 AM
ODAAT

Nothing short of being one of the best trades Chia has made mid season as far as picking up an exceptionally productive player, let`s hope this starts paying dividends in the win column come playoff time

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:29 AM
NSBruinFan

His puck protection is amazing. He will be even better once he is on a set line.

Also, love the fact we did not have to give KoKo to get him!

NSBruinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:29 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

We have to be careful about our assessment of Jagr. Basically, we are playing an half of a season and i'm not sure that Jagr would be as effective as he is, right now, in a full season.That said, i'm impress with his speed and skills around the net. He also change the dynamic of the PP. He might 41 but he's still dangerous as hell around the net. Not sure how he fit in Chiarelli's plan since Soderberg might play in Boston, next year.

Last edited by Latrappe: 04-22-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:31 AM
takanoyama

1) 75
2) 85 (He could have 95, if he converted the great chance vs. CAR)

The only thing I miss is better PP percentage.

Last edited by takanoyama: 04-22-2013 at 05:38 AM.
takanoyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Waiting for the dust to settle and hope he is playing with some better, consistent linemates.

But for how much he has flipped around, he has looked great. So strong on the puck, just makes people look stupid.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:46 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Waiting for the dust to settle and hope he is playing with some better, consistent linemates.

But for how much he has flipped around, he has looked great. So strong on the puck, just makes people look stupid.
I think I started to see a nice little bit of early stage chemistry with he, Sods and Kelly, not sure they spent more than a few seconds in their own end yesterday.

One observation about Sods (I know this is about Jagr) but I loved the way I saw him, on many occasions, display no hesitation in going right to the front of the net, and better, standing in FRONT of the goalie, not shift off to the side.

I am incredibly encouraged with the "new" Jagr, the guy who is consistently talking with his linemates in what I am guessing sharing his experience with the others......wasn`t always that way as fans here who are old enough remember him from years gone by

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:50 AM
ronibruins

1) 60
2)92

ronibruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:56 AM
rss

1)75
2)85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
We have to be careful about our assessment of Jagr. Basically, we are playing an half of a season and i'm not sure that Jagr would be as effective as he is, right now, in a full season.That said, i'm impress with his speed and skills around the net. He also change the dynamic of the PP. He might 41 but he's still dangerous as hell around the net. Not sure how he fit in Chiarelli's plan since Soderberg might play in Boston, next year.
He played 34 games for HC Kladno during lockout and so far he looks better than last year with Flyers. Anyway I think he wont resign here, the system bruins are playing seems to me asa complete Antijagr

rss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:59 AM
RedBruin

He's exceeding my expectations, I don't want to rate it in points but on top of his obvious talent level he seems like a genuinely cool dude, good teammate and leader.
On another note, not a knock against him obviously, but not that huge a fan of him playing as much as he does, it's a bit worrying to see he's our best player by far on many nights carrying the offense when he should just be an addition.
I like how he went after Kaleta in the Buffalo game, and there was a game before where he had the biggest hit of the night, which is great and frustrating at the same time, while I love seeing superstars stick up for themselves he's the last guy who should have to do that on his own.
So, all in all, great trade by Chia.

RedBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Bojakees*

He has been very very good I think.

2 things here, I expect we need a deep playoff run for him to resign here and I cannot imagine he likes playing with PAILLE and CAMBELL.

Why Claude refuses to put him with KREJCI is a smack in the face. It really is. I know him and YETI are new and maybe Claude has some dedication toward "His Guys"....But he has to realize that now JAGR and YETI are his guys also.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:33 AM
BigBear83

i love his puck possession, but he does too, meaning there are some times where he tries to hold on to it for wayy to long.. agreed that hes had too many linemates but im fine with him on the third with kelly and yeti

BigBear83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:47 AM
TP
Global Moderator

Awards:
1) what you expected - 80

2) what you've seen - 90

He has been sensational. Sadly, he is making great passes instead of receiving them.

He needs to play with a center that can feed him the puck.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:56 AM
remer

What is sad is that he is probably the most dominate Bruin player right now so that does not say much for the talent we have on this team.

It is also a shame that he has to play with the like of Kelly and/or Campbell.

For some reason Claude has elected for the most part to avoid Krejci as his center.

Sorry to say, but much of the Bruin team has been a bit of a let down this year.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:03 AM
bp13

Awesome. It's been a ton of fun to watch him every night and I'd love to see him back.

As an example, Horton makes what, $4 million? I'd give every penny of that to Jagr before Horton in a cocaine heartbeat. And obviously we wouldn't need to give that much, which is even better.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:08 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
What is sad is that he is probably the most dominate Bruin player right now so that does not say much for the talent we have on this team.

It is also a shame that he has to play with the like of Kelly and/or Campbell.

For some reason Claude has elected for the most part to avoid Krejci as his center.

Sorry to say, but much of the Bruin team has been a bit of a let down this year.
Putting him with Krejci at this time would be a 'demotion'

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:12 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

He's been exactly what this team needed. They now need to ditch Lucic and Horton, and put Jagr and Soderberg with Krejci full time. That PP they had yesterday was amazing despite not scoring. The movement and passes down low is something I haven't seen out of this team since Savard went down.

My first unit PP would be Jagr, DK, CS and my second unit would be the PB, Seguin, and Marchand line. I'd also let the first PP unit stay out there for the majority of the time.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:33 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
I honestly feel he has been the most dynamic offensive talent we have seen in Boston since Marc Savard's heyday. He is truly one of a kind and a treat to watch play hockey.

I give him a 95.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:34 AM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiorising View Post
On a scale of 1 - 100 (for accuracy)

1) what you expected

2) what you've seen
1) 75

2) 95

He's been extremely impressive. Really hope they re-sign him.

04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Awesome. It's been a ton of fun to watch him every night and I'd love to see him back.

As an example, Horton makes what, $4 million? I'd give every penny of that to Jagr before Horton in a cocaine heartbeat. And obviously we wouldn't need to give that much, which is even better.
You don't think Jagr would cost $4m? He makes $4.5 now. I'd expect him to cost $4.5 to $5m. And I'd gladly give that to him, especially since he wants to go forward on a year to year basis.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
He's been exactly what this team needed. They now need to ditch Lucic and Horton, and put Jagr and Soderberg with Krejci full time. That PP they had yesterday was amazing despite not scoring. The movement and passes down low is something I haven't seen out of this team since Savard went down.

My first unit PP would be Jagr, DK, CS and my second unit would be the PB, Seguin, and Marchand line. I'd also let the first PP unit stay out there for the majority of the time.
Ditching Horton and Lucic on the PP is a no-brainer in my opinion. I bet it's already done in CJ's mind.

However, I'm not sure if you're talking about even strength too...are you? If you're suggesting Soderberg play with Jagr and Krejci at ES I'm not sure I agree. I'll grant him size and skill, but right now Soderberg does nothing at all for me. He's either lazy or out of shape, he wanders all over the ice, and he's not even close to strong on the puck. IMO he's been bad, although it's clear to see some tools are there. So you either subscribe to the notion that an adjustment period is all he needs, or he's one of the million players who've come through this league with size and tools and done nothing.

I suppose the way this team is playing there's nothing to lose just assuming it's the former and hoping you get lucky. May as well put him with some talent and hope he figures it out. So the more I think about it maybe you're right. Nothing to lose.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:43 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
You don't think Jagr would cost $4m? He makes $4.5 now. I'd expect him to cost $4.5 to $5m. And I'd gladly give that to him, especially since he wants to go forward on a year to year basis.
For some reason I thought he was cheaper than that. Mea culpa there.

But yeah, I give him $5 million. I would throw Horton aside for half of Jagr, happily. So if he costs $5 million, give it to him.