HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Bob Cole Sux!!!

Old
04-15-2010, 10:25 AM
maddogtjones

vCash: 500
Bob Cole Sux!!!

NO wonder Leafs fans are so stunned, having to listen to that moron every weekend would drive anyone stupid. At least Gary was there to bring the broadcast back to earth ... I miss Dean already ...

maddogtjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Minister of Offence

I was gonna make this thread earlier as well. Apparently the guys on The Team were all over him this morning. He was better than I expected with players names but his bias could be felt through the screen.

The contrast between how TSN described the Sens play and the way CBC did was overwhelming. You kinda get the idea TSN actually does think we have a chance.
We stuck with CBC the whole way or what?

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:32 AM
SenatorsFC

Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
"And the Sens are barely hanging on!"

He said that every time pittsburgh was in our zone for more than 5 seconds.

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:33 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Well, Bob Cole has always hated the Senators.

And, he's gotten worse as a broadcaster as he's aged.

It's always "the Sens are taking it out of the zone" or "fired in by the Sens player".

He also says "Ottawa Sens" which is stupid. No one says, "Toronto Leafs".

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:39 AM
easty11

I personally love Bob Cole... Whenever you hear his voice announcing a Sens game you know it's playoff time, even though his voice doesn't bring back the best of memories at times. Listening to him announce makes me want the Sens to win that much more for some reason... maybe because of his bias.

To be fair though, Gary can be a little biased towards the Sens at time too so it somewhat evens out.

easty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:43 AM
maddogtjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by easty11 View Post
I personally love Bob Cole... Whenever you hear his voice announcing a Sens game you know it's playoff time, even though his voice doesn't bring back the best of memories at times. Listening to him announce makes me want the Sens to win that much more for some reason... maybe because of his bias.

To be fair though, Gary can be a little biased towards the Sens at time too so it somewhat evens out.
You can't be a Sens fan ... just a guess

Bob Coles voice is like a bag of cats being flung against a wall!

As a fan you want your broadcasters to be biased toward your team, so how can Gary Galley be too biased?

Old
04-15-2010, 10:45 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
This is true.

And it's Garry I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogtjones
As a fan you want your broadcasters to be biased toward your team, so how can Gary Galley be too biased?
I don't.

It's embarassing to listen to.

Jack Edwards in Boston, Bob Errey in Pittsburgh, Dave Mishkin in Tampa Bay, it's awful listening to these guys and unprofessional in my opinion.

I think Dean Brown is pretty good at giving opposing teams their props.

Old
04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
maddogtjones

Of course, I should have said it's nice to have the broadcaster lean toward your team. That guy from buffalo is insane as is the one from tampa(his movie references are pretty cool though).

Dean Brown is the man ...

Old
04-15-2010, 10:57 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I want the play by play guy to know the names of the players, is that too much to ask? I want the play by play guy to know what is going on, on the ice, Cole seems to lose sight of the puck a lot. He may have been a great announcer once upon a time but why can't the CBC understand that we would prefer Dean Brown to do our games & let Cole to Montreal games. I don't get it, we complain every year & the CBC never does anything about it, the good news is that we don't have Harry Neal to kick around any more. Love Garry Galley doing the colour commentating, now he is good & explains it as I see it, Cole seems to be losing his sight.

aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:57 AM
kyle747

Die Bob Cole Die!!!!

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:59 AM
easty11

You guys were just complaining about how Bob Cole is so biased and that's one of the main reasons why you don't like him. CBC is a national station, people don't want to hear homers rant about how great their team is. Now, Garry (thank you for the correction) isn't TOO bad but as a Sens fan (yes I am a fan) I don't want to hear bias because as someone else stated, it's embarassing. I never want to hear bias toward my team unless it's on a local station (SportsNet East is basically local) in which case I don't mind Deaner and Garry talking about how great Ottawa is.

And if you don't like Bob Cole I doubt you've been watching hockey for too long, because he was the face (hockey calling-wise) of CBC and his voice brings back the best memories of the playoffs.

Don't you dare accuse me of not being a Sens fan again.

Old
04-15-2010, 11:00 AM
maddogtjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Die Bob Cole Die!!!!
That's an awesome bumper sticker!!!!

Old
04-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
You guys were just complaining about how Bob Cole is so biased and that's one of the main reasons why you don't like him. CBC is a national station, people don't want to hear homers rant about how great their team is. Now, Garry (thank you for the correction) isn't TOO bad but as a Sens fan (yes I am a fan) I don't want to hear bias because as someone else stated, it's embarassing. I never want to hear bias toward my team unless it's on a local station (SportsNet East is basically local) in which case I don't mind Deaner and Garry talking about how great Ottawa is.

Certainly. Its the bias towards the team from the other nation that is quite annoying.
TSN= Sens played a whale of a hockey game
CBC= Pens played poorly and if they show up the Sens still have no chance.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:10 AM
easty11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Certainly. Its the bias towards the team from the other nation that is quite annoying.
TSN= Sens played a whale of a hockey game
CBC= Pens played poorly and if they show up the Sens still have no chance.
I don't remember that ever being said, but if it was, then that IS pretty sad. But I think any Sens fans with a little pride can admit that a Penguins team that shows up vs. a Sens team that shows up are two very differently skilled hockey teams (the better for Pittsburgh). But I still see where you're coming from.

Old
04-15-2010, 11:11 AM
maddogtjones

Quote:

And if you don't like Bob Cole I doubt you've been watching hockey for too long, because he was the face (hockey calling-wise) of CBC and his voice brings back the best memories of the playoffs.
My main complaint about Bob Cole is his inability to read a players name and his god aweful smashin cats into a wall voice.
Quote:
Don't you dare accuse me of not being a Sens fan again.
I never accused you of anything ... i simply made a guess of which I was wrong and now i'm sorry, my bad.

Last edited by maddogtjones: 04-15-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old
04-15-2010, 11:14 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
CBC is a national station, people don't want to hear homers rant about how great their team is.
Really?

Because for about 5 years there, I'm pretty sure Bob Cole was a paid employee of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

It's ok though, Ron has taken up the torch as the chief Leafs homer.

And I thought Don was bad, Ron is worse.

Old
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
easty11

Oh ok, thought you were being ignorant. Though the "just a guess" was sarcastic. That's fair though... you're right he DOES make a fair amount of mistakes, just trying to look at it both ways.

Old
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
utah

Bob Cole didn't ruin the game for me last night. But he didn't enhance the experience either.

Maybe I'm over-sensitive, but I also felt that the CBC broadcast favored the Pens in terms of sentiment. The broadcast crew definitely seemed energized when the Pens scored, and somewhat deflated each time the Sens responded.

utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:20 AM
The Fuhr

I don't understand the hate. I'm to into the game that I'm not rreally paying attention to what the commentators are saying

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:20 AM
JimmyPage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogtjones View Post
You can't be a Sens fan ... just a guess

Bob Coles voice is like a bag of cats being flung against a wall!

God, that is one of the funniest things I have read in a while LOL

JimmyPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:21 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I don't understand the hate. I'm to into the game that I'm not rreally paying attention to what the commentators are saying
agree, I can't recall hearing some of the lines that people said Cole said last night.... They must have flew over my head

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Mr_Squeaks
Poor Impulse Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Die Bob Cole Die!!!!
The Bob Cole, the?

Mr_Squeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:23 AM
DaveMatthew

I've never heard someone as demoralized as Glen Healey was when Ruutu scored that 5th goal.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:24 AM
JimmyPage

I am not looking for bias, I really like when PBP & colour guys are neutral (I loathe the Jennerits & Langes of the world - ps: I know the spelling is off) but Cole is pathetic. Not knowing who is on the ice, confusing Regin with Zack Smith, and yes, I agree, he seemed to favour the Pens more than God-forbid the canadian team.

JimmyPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Mr_Squeaks
Poor Impulse Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
I've never heard someone as demoralized as Glen Healey was when Ruutu scored that 5th goal.
Healy had a sad...

Mr_Squeaks is offline   Reply With Quote