HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Playoff Avatar Voting (aka Herding Cats pt. II)

View Poll Results: What is your playoff avatar choice?
NinthSpoke06; Jeopardy 17 29.31%
murphdasmurf2; 60 Minutes 6 10.34%
TCDaniels; Boston Strong 14 24.14%
NinthSpoke06; Boston Strong 9 15.52%
Kaoz; Boston Strong 7 12.07%
WhatWouldClaudeDo; We Are Boston Strong 5 8.62%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 06:04 PM
  #1
Son of Marshmont
Moose Replacement
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,512
vCash: 50
Playoff Avatar Voting (aka Herding Cats pt. II)

Here are the following submissions for Playoff Avatars for the 2013 Playoffs. Please vote in the poll above for your favorite.

Voting will run from now until Thursday April 25th @ 8p ET. (This will allow the shoppers enough time to take requests from people to customize avatars before the playoffs start on April 30th.


NinthSpoke06; Jeopardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthSpoke06 View Post
My ideas for before the tradegy seem rather petty and irrelevant.

For the record here they are:


murphdasmurf2; 60 Minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphdasmurf2 View Post
Here's a few I've done so far:









Feel free to use them.
TCDaniels; Boston Strong
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDaniels View Post
Here's one that I threw together at work...

NinthSpoke06; Boston Strong
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthSpoke06 View Post
I'm not the most creative type:
Kaoz; Boston Strong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
and if animated is your thing...


WhatWouldClaudeDo; We Are Boston Strong
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldClaudeDo

__________________
Pam: Maybe I'm overreacting.
Jim: Yeah. Maybe.
Pam: But I don't think I am.
Jim: You're not. No.
Son of Marshmont is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 06:08 PM
  #2
reidy
@reidjjackson
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlestown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,440
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
Still partial to "Jagr-Meister Now, Champange Later" with the mullet theme, personally.

reidy is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 06:11 PM
  #3
Son of Marshmont
Moose Replacement
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,512
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Still partial to "Jagr-Meister Now, Champange Later" with the mullet theme, personally.
I didn't see it in the 'playoff avatar ideas' thread, so I didn't include it for submission. I thought it was in the playoff "push" thread....so no idea if the creator of it wanted it to carry through.

Son of Marshmont is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 06:13 PM
  #4
reidy
@reidjjackson
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlestown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,440
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
I didn't see it in the 'playoff avatar ideas' thread, so I didn't include it for submission. I thought it was in the playoff "push" thread....so no idea if the creator of it wanted it to carry through.
I recommended the mullet theme and somebody else came up with the slogan - pretty sure both of us were much too lazy to actually create them though,

reidy is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 06:54 PM
  #5
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,348
vCash: 500
I also liked a Jagr-Meister now, Champagne Later...

Maybe we can think of DRINK NAMES for all the Bs and do:

"BLANK NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER"


e.g. Khudobin - WHITE RUSSIAN NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. Rask - COOL AS A CUCUMBER NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. Chiarelli - GODFATHER NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. Krejci - MIND MELT NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. Thornton - CEMENT MIXER NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. McQuaid - NUTTY IRISHMAN NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER

corpfan1 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 06:59 PM
  #6
Dellstrom
The new age
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 16,145
vCash: 500
I like the Jeopardy ones the best. The Boston Strong ones are really cool, but I agree with some others in that it shouldn't be used on these forums for a playoff rally. Emotions can run high and people can get mad, its nothing to take lightly. Very cool avatars though. I'd still use one if it wins, just my two cents.

I like the Jeopardy one with the Spoked-B better than the one with the bear, just my opinion there.

I do agree the Jagr-meister ones were very cool as well. Corpfan's slightly different idea is really cool, too. I think that's a really unique and cool one, especially if they all have mullets.

Dellstrom is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
  #7
ProdigalFan
Don'tGrowOnTrees
 
ProdigalFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Loge 8
Country: United States
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
I like avatars incorporating a "Boston Strong" theme, but I would prefer no Cup photos, since we're two years removed from that. JMHO

ProdigalFan is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:27 PM
  #8
PietB
Random User
 
PietB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmany and Germark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
I also liked a Jagr-Meister now, Champagne Later...

Maybe we can think of DRINK NAMES for all the Bs and do:

"BLANK NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER"


e.g. Khudobin - WHITE RUSSIAN NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. Rask - COOL AS A CUCUMBER NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. Chiarelli - GODFATHER NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. Krejci - MIND MELT NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. Thornton - CEMENT MIXER NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
e.g. McQuaid - NUTTY IRISHMAN NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
I especially like the white russian and the cement mixer.. Some more ideas:

Seidenberg - BEER NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
Chara - COKE NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER

Obviously, with Hamilton being below legal drinking age in the States, this theme might be a bit flawed, unless we find a solution.. Is there some sort of non alcoholic champagne for kids in the US? I know there's something called Robby Bubble in Germany. Do peope in the states know it?
i.e. Hamilton - SOFT DRINKS NOW, ROBBY BUBBLE LATER

PietB is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:31 PM
  #9
Dellstrom
The new age
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 16,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PietB View Post
I especially like the white russian and the cement mixer.. Some more ideas:

Seidenberg - BEER NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER
Chara - COKE NOW, CHAMPAGNE LATER

Obviously, with Hamilton being below legal drinking age in the States, this theme might be a bit flawed, unless we find a solution.. Is there some sort of non alcoholic champagne for kids in the US? I know there's something called Robby Bubble in Germany. Do peope in the states know it?
i.e. Hamilton - SOFT DRINKS NOW, ROBBY BUBBLE LATER
That's awesome. Hamilton could be root beer.

I call dibs on one of those if we end up doing this! I really like it.

Sorry for the size of this, I'm not good at all with any graphics, but it could be something like this.


"Coke now"

"Champagne later!"
Then some cool logo for the playoffs... We got a lot of cool ideas here.

Dellstrom is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:43 PM
  #10
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,340
vCash: 500
Voted for Kaoz's Boston Strong.

I liked the second avi so I'll use that until more get made, or I'll probably end up sticking with this one.



Could someone re crop it to make it smaller?

Confound is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:43 PM
  #11
PietB
Random User
 
PietB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmany and Germark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
That's awesome. Hamilton could be root beer.

I call dibs on one of those if we end up doing this! I really like it.

Sorry for the size of this, I'm not good at all with any graphics, but it could be something like this.


"Coke now"

"Champagne later!"
Then some cool logo for the playoffs... We got a lot of cool ideas here.
just gave it a try. I bet somebody will come out with something better than that though, my skill with this are pretty limited


PietB is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:53 PM
  #12
Son of Marshmont
Moose Replacement
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,512
vCash: 50
Hey guys, that's helpful.

How come these ideas couldn't have gone in the thread that was open for like, two weeks?

Here's the thing....we can't keep coming up with different ideas, there's got to be a cutoff at a certain point, otherwise we'll never make a decision. Making one of these things is no big deal. Making 50+ with some sense of uniformity that everyone wants personalized in some way is the trick.

Son of Marshmont is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:57 PM
  #13
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Love all the ideas Chara thing is AWESOME

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:46 AM
  #14
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Yeah I'd go with the "xxx now' yyy later" theme. I agree that Boston strong is iffy, 60 minutes doesnt make much sense to me, and jeopardy, while nice, comes kinda from left field lol

Schalkenullvier* is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:55 AM
  #15
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time
 
Nose Face Killah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Methuen, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,960
vCash: 500
I love the whole X now Y later thing, that should be our playoff avatars. could I get a Söderberg one? I don't know any Swedish beer names though so how about "Swedish beer now, American champagne later" with the Swedish flag for the "Swedish beer now" and then the American flag for the "American champagne later" then have it say Carl Söderberg #34 then "2013 Boston Bruins Playoffs" after it?


Last edited by Nose Face Killah: 04-23-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Nose Face Killah is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:12 AM
  #16
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
I love the whole X now Y later thing, that should be our playoff avatars. could I get a Söderberg one? I don't know any Swedish beer names though so how about "Swedish beer now, American champagne later" with the Swedish flag for the "Swedish beer now" and then the American flag for the "American champagne later" then have it say Carl Söderberg #34 then "2013 Boston Bruins Playoffs" after it?
Kötbullar now, Steak later

Schalkenullvier* is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:42 AM
  #17
BergyMeister
Overpaid Grinder
 
BergyMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 6,612
vCash: 50
I voted for TC's Boston strong one as I like that theme and I think it's the best looking. I guess I just don't understand peoples consternation with them.

__________________
THE AXIS of SNIVEL

Montreal-Pittsburgh-Vancouver
BergyMeister is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:44 AM
  #18
BergyMeister
Overpaid Grinder
 
BergyMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 6,612
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Hey guys, that's helpful.

How come these ideas couldn't have gone in the thread that was open for like, two weeks?

Here's the thing....we can't keep coming up with different ideas, there's got to be a cutoff at a certain point, otherwise we'll never make a decision. Making one of these things is no big deal. Making 50+ with some sense of uniformity that everyone wants personalized in some way is the trick.
That's just the way this place is. We seem to have a hard time with the playoff avatar thing. It also doesn't help that this team has had no real identity to focus an avatar theme on.

BergyMeister is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 05:24 AM
  #19
Shadowthrone
No Hate No Love
 
Shadowthrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I Drop The Glove
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
For Tuukka : Koskenkorva now...... Infamous Finnish Liquorice Schnaps



For Krejci maybe Becherovka, very popular Czech Liquor...


Shadowthrone is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 07:57 AM
  #20
Dellstrom
The new age
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 16,145
vCash: 500
Maybe we can get like 2 finalists from this poll and make one more with x now champagne later and the 2?

Dellstrom is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:12 AM
  #21
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,734
vCash: 500
Not that I plan on changing it, but the Champagne later and Kaoz Boston Strong ones are the two best IMO

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:45 AM
  #22
PietB
Random User
 
PietB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmany and Germark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
What about taking the xy now - champagne later theme a bit further. I think it would be difficult to link beverages only to everyone, so why not include some other things as well?

Campbell: SOUP NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Paille: PIE NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Söderberg: SODA NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Seguin: SEGWAY NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Lucic: PUGILISM NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Peverley: JESUS NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Ference: TREES NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER


PietB is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:53 AM
  #23
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon
 
Jack Donaghy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PietB View Post
What about taking the xy now - champagne later theme a bit further. I think it would be difficult to link beverages only to everyone, so why not include some other things as well?

Campbell: SOUP NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Paille: PIE NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Söderberg: SODA NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Seguin: SEGWAY NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Lucic: PUGILISM NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Peverley: JESUS NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER
Ference: TREES NOW - CHAMPAGNE LATER



I love it!

Jack Donaghy is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:55 AM
  #24
RustyBruins72
Registered User
 
RustyBruins72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 500
I voted and am currently using Kaoz' version.

Thanks Matt!

RustyBruins72 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
  #25
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
I vote for something Boston Strong, even if it is just the Boston Strong ribbon in the corner of a normal playoff avatar.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.