HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-2013 Masterton Trophy Thread (nominees in OP)

Old
05-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL View Post
After game 1, no way Harding doesn't win this.
Voting happens before the playoffs for all the awards. Harding didn't really make a comeback this season before that. Not sure he should win it simply for being diagnosed. I figured he'd play 20-30 games next season and then win it but media seems dead set on handing the award to him prematurely. Doesn't make a huge difference Harding will end up with a Masterton regardless of if it's this year or next.

Ezpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
What people forget about Harding is that he re-habbed from a nasty torn ACL-MCL in 2010. His reward? How about MS?

No gripes ever from him, through it all.

When I read who some of the other teams nominated I just laugh - no offense to them and their perseverance, but it just doesn't compare to standing up with courage to a terminal disease.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 11:43 PM
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
What people forget about Harding is that he re-habbed from a nasty torn ACL-MCL in 2010. His reward? How about MS?

No gripes ever from him, through it all.

When I read who some of the other teams nominated I just laugh - no offense to them and their perseverance, but it just doesn't compare to standing up with courage to a terminal disease.
I agree. I know I'm a homer, but they guy has never been able to catch a break and he's never talked ill or ever really wanted to talk about it, much less what he's done all year and hasn't wanted to talk about MS at all. The guy just wants to get in the net.

Also, killer avatar. Love me some Mats.

ewoksonhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:15 AM
kaiser matias

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Voting happens before the playoffs for all the awards. Harding didn't really make a comeback this season before that. Not sure he should win it simply for being diagnosed. I figured he'd play 20-30 games next season and then win it but media seems dead set on handing the award to him prematurely. Doesn't make a huge difference Harding will end up with a Masterton regardless of if it's this year or next.
With Ian Laperierre winning the Masterton in 2011 despite having not played since 2010, and never playing since then, there is a precedent for Harding. Which is something I do not agree with; the award should go to guys who play again, not ones who effectively retire, even if it was involuntary due to injuries.

kaiser matias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:16 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
I don't like the Masterton award as the "best recovery from injury" award. Just so gimmicky

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
Ray Whitney

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:50 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
For some reason I thought Masterton was later than the rest, but no matter, Josh Harding actually did return before the playoffs. The only problem is the position he plays doesn't get a lot of ice time so he only got in one game before the end of the regular season. He was on the bench though.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote