HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#46| New York Islanders vs. Carolina Hurricanes | April 23 | 7PM | 3-4 L/SO

Old
04-23-2013, 01:31 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
It should also be pointed out the 2 times we played Carolina our goalies were Dipietro and Poulin. That Dipietro lose(6-4) still bugs me to this day(we were up 3-2 going into the third and he gave up a few bad goals)
Both of those games bother me. The DP game as you just said, and Poulin because they were up 2-0, and gave up those two goals in 45 seconds with about a minute and a half left in the second.

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:35 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves View Post
Both of those games bother me. The DP game as you just said, and Poulin because they were up 2-0, and gave up those two goals in 45 seconds with about a minute and a half left in the second.
Which one of the 2 games were we dominating the first couple periods then just had that huge letdown? From the way you say it seems like I am thinking of the Poulin game

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Bexlyspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
Those shelves were used for my tonka trucks too! I used to keep the boiler room door open in the winter as more heat came into the room. The room was so long I used to set up my mylec net on my bed and take wrist shots. Yes, Paul next door is Pauly Von Bevern ( i remember him as an infant) and his mom was Jeanne. A lot of the people i grew up with bought houses on the same block. That mimosa tree on the patio was split by lightning during hurricane Agnes in 1972 but survived.

Sorry about the OT mods, but the odds of two Islanders posters having both grown up in the same house are amazingly small.
that's some Crazy $hit

Bexlyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

This is freaky. It's like you two are the same person living the same lives but in different time dimensions.... OooOOOooOOoOoooOoOo

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Strummergas
Regular User

It's gonna happen tonight. Just ask Danny DeVito

Just win!

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Bexlyspeed

Islanders Train keeps on Rolling, were gonna win tonight!
(just looking at that last sentance makes me cringe, Isles fans are so jaded)

well we should and hats off to this team for turning it around. whether if it was Tavares and the first line at the begining or Nabby and the 2nd line at the end, the bottom line is they became a team and now sit in 6th place!!!!

I just love the effort, 60 minutes every night!!!

LETS GO ISLANDERS!

Old
04-23-2013, 01:55 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

Quote:
Which one of the 2 games were we dominating the first couple periods then just had that huge letdown? From the way you say it seems like I am thinking of the Poulin game
Both games were a letdown. I think you might be thinking of the Poulin game though. I recall them playing well in the first, I missed the last 40 minutes for the birth of my nephew, and I never watched the reply because I was pissed they blew the game. So it was probably that game. Although the DP game was equally awful.

They were up in both games either way and blew it.

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:04 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

vCash: 50
Quote:
It was the Poulin game. We were playing great and then 2 goals happened in 45 secs right at the end of the 2nd. The collapse was on from there.
The other game where DP started, they gave up 2 goals in the 3rd by deflecting pucks in their own net. That one Hamonic put in himself was a killer. Overall we lost that 3rd period 4-1.

nyiguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Bexlyspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves View Post
Both games were a letdown. I think you might be thinking of the Poulin game though. I recall them playing well in the first, I missed the last 40 minutes for the birth of my nephew, and I never watched the reply because I was pissed they blew the game. So it was probably that game. Although the DP game was equally awful.

They were up in both games either way and blew it.
it was the Game with DiPietro that the shot went off of Hammers Shoulder Pad and beat the Rick and Hammer smashed his stick on the way into the locker room that was also the game where Tavares sat on the bench after the final buzzer for a few minutes holding his head in his hands.
that all seems like years ago now

Old
04-23-2013, 02:06 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT4President View Post
Wow guys, you're making it sound like this is a guarenteed 2 pts. Far from it. These guys play us tough. I'm more nervous playing these guys then I was playing Tor or Wpg. I love the way we're playing, but these guys for some reason seem to have our number. Here's to hoping for a solid effort and 2 pts. Hopefully we can get a couple early and force them just to go through the motions.
Well, one huge difference is that Nabokov didn't play in both those games.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:17 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
This is freaky. It's like you two are the same person living the same lives but in different time dimensions.... OooOOOooOOoOoooOoOo
yea we even lived there for the same amount of time. Pretty surreal. I didnt think there were too many people from our town on here, except for my brother and a couple friends...let alone the house version of an eskimo brother.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:21 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

Would love for the Islanders to clinch a playoff spot tonight so Cappy can give a couple of guys a game off before the playoffs start. The team has been in P/O mode for 3 weeks now.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:28 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
Would love for the Islanders to clinch a playoff spot tonight so Cappy can give a couple of guys a game off before the playoffs start. The team has been in P/O mode for 3 weeks now.
The only person who needs rest before the playoffs is Nabakov. Only chances I might make if we clinch tonight for the last 2 games is get Ullstrom(Joensuu) and Reasoner(Aucion) some playing time and maybe get Martinek, Strait and Carkner into the last couple games

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:29 PM
2ndGenIslander
Free Broadway Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wentworth View Post
To my fellow posters who are going tonight.

How about we meet up after the 1st period, behind the ticket booths, by the escalators, where the John Deere display usually is?
They have john deere displays in carolina? Strange I've never seen one at the coli

Lets goo

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:31 PM
srednalsi

Al Davis said it best, "just win baby win".

srednalsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:38 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

Quote:
The only person who needs rest before the playoffs is Nabakov. Only chances I might make if we clinch tonight for the last 2 games is get Ullstrom(Joensuu) and Reasoner(Aucion) some playing time and maybe get Martinek, Strait and Carkner into the last couple games
I disagree. The playoffs are a grind and I bet Hamonic, Visnofsky, McDonald, Ciziskas(got hurt a few games ago) and even JT could use a blow before the playoffs start.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:38 PM
JTforPres2012

A few days off, this team will be buzzing and ready to go!! TIME TO CLINCH!!!

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:59 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:
Just as long as the replacements can beat the Sabres on Friday night.

I have tickets for that game, and don't feel like hearing my youngest son (a/k/a
Mr. Sabre) razz me the whole 8 hour drive home.

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:03 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Well, one huge difference is that Nabokov didn't play in both those games.
Another huge difference is that Cam Ward did.

These are not the same two teams that met in February. At that point, Carolina was leading their division and the Isles were in last.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
BaileyToOkposo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
A few days off, this team will be buzzing and ready to go!! TIME TO CLINCH!!!
We can clinch tonight?

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:06 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Just so I'm clear on this. The Islanders need to get 2 points tonight and Winnipeg needs to get 1 point to clinch. I think if the Islanders get the 2 points and Winnipeg gets 2 points (the 2nd point coming in the shootout), Winnipeg can still catch the Isles.

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:20 PM
Tavaresfan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyToOkposo View Post
We can clinch tonight?
yes we can clinch if

1) isles win and Winnipeg loses in reg or OT/SO

2) isles lose in OT/SO AND Winnipeg loses in regulation

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:22 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
Just so I'm clear on this. The Islanders need to get 2 points tonight and Winnipeg needs to get 1 point to clinch. I think if the Islanders get the 2 points and Winnipeg gets 2 points (the 2nd point coming in the shootout), Winnipeg can still catch the Isles.
Yes you are right. 2 points for Isles tonight and 1 or 0 points for Peg tonight and the Isles clinch.

We are 2 points up with 1 game in hand. The Jets can max at 55 points and we sit at 53 right now. They hold the tiebreaker over us, so hitting 55 won't be good enough IF the Jets win their last 2 games.

The magic number is 3 points. Every point we get reduces the number. Every point Winnipeg leaves on the table reduces the number. In your scenario, them getting only 1 point would reduce the magic number to 2, and our win would reduce to 0. Which means clinch.

Easiest thing to focus on is we can erase the magic number ourselves by getting 3 points in 3 games.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
You're right. It's the ROW tiebreaker that's keeping us from having our number 2. Winnipeg could tie us in points and have the ROW tiebreaker over us, so we need to make sure we can get more points than they can to not worry about the tie breaker.

nyiguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:34 PM
CodeE

Fun fact: Nabby is 8-1-1 in his career against the Hurricanes.

Just clinch baby clinch

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote