HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Where can I find....

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2005, 01:40 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Where can I find....

Complete rosters for each WC team? I tried finding each roster individually from this forum but they are scattered, some aren't the real roster(pre rosters I guess) and some aren't even posted. Thanks in advance.

Old
04-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Complete rosters for each WC team? I tried finding each roster individually from this forum but they are scattered, some aren't the real roster(pre rosters I guess) and some aren't even posted. Thanks in advance.

Just go to the official WC's website (typing www.iihf.com will get you right there) and click on teams. You can get the rosters (as long as they have been released) there.

Old
04-28-2005, 01:44 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
Just go to the official WC's website (typing www.iihf.com will get you right there) and click on teams. You can get the rosters (as long as they have been released) there.
Thank you.

Old
04-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Gord Miller

Just a note on the IIHF site, the official rosters will not be posted until after the directorate meeting Friday night, and even then some teams may leave room to add players later due to injuries.

Old
04-28-2005, 05:57 PM
sk84fun_dc

I know the initial 23 team roster has to be finalized by Friday night for each team.

I heard that teams could add players due to injury before the medal round starts. Is that true?

Old
04-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Raimo Sillanpää

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc
I know the initial 23 team roster has to be finalized by Friday night for each team.

I heard that teams could add players due to injury before the medal round starts. Is that true?

ww.ihwc.net is the site of the games.
Yes, in previous years this has meant reinforcements from teams that lost in round 1 of the nhl playoffs, now this means AHL reinforcements for some teams.

Finland for example are planning on keeping the third goalie spot open for Lehtonen..

Old
04-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Gord Miller

Under IIHF rules, a team can name up to 22 players (plus one reserve goaltender). Some teams name only 20, holding spots for players who are injured to see if they recover in time, or for players who are still playing in playoffs somewhere.

Once you have named your 22, they cannot be replaced (with the exception of a netminder).

In theory, a team could name 19 skaters, and wait until late in the tournament to add someone.

Old
04-30-2005, 10:38 AM
sk84fun_dc

Thanks for the clarification, I knew about late additions if they did not max out the 23 man roster from the beginning and I am familiar with the first round playoff exit players joining WC teams in prior years. I thought I read something different, glad that did not change.

Closed Thread