HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

04/27 - Monarchs @ Bruins - Game4

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
04/27 - Monarchs @ Bruins - Game4

This looks a lot like a game7, another loss and the Narchs will find themselves in a huge, huge hole. Being Boudreau, I'd start hauser tonite. I haven't loss my faith in Garon, but I think he needs a break. The Bruins are beatable, we just need to play a more focused hockey and, for Christ sake, start a game in a decent way. Still no news about Pushkarev.

UL Game3 report and notes

Last edited by Albi: 04-26-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old
04-26-2005, 07:58 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Being Boudreau, I'd start hauser tonite.
I don't think it's Bruce's call. I think the LA brass is pulling the strings and calling the shots. Oh, and I agree with you. Frankly, I'd have started Hauser last night, too.

Old
04-26-2005, 08:13 AM
hockeynutz

ummmmm....game 4 is Wednesday night....

Old
04-26-2005, 08:57 AM
King Blazer

Folks, the Monarchs were slightly better than average against playoff teams during the regular season. From the start, I figured the teams would split the first 4-games with each team winning a road game. It's in the Monarchs court now. I'm very disappointed that Hilbert wasn't nailed in his first shift in the first period last night after the stuff he pulled on Garon in the closing minutes of game 2. The Monarchs should have had to momentum heading into game 3 and they pissed it away...Now they MUST come out and play 60-mins of hockey on Wednesday night, win the game and regain the momentum as they head back to Manchester for game 5 on Thursday. Orr and Thompson should not have be the focus of the Monarchs in the closing minute. Hilbert really stuck it to them with his two goals last night. Way to go Andy...

Old
04-26-2005, 09:22 AM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I'm very disappointed that Hilbert wasn't nailed in his first shift in the first period last night after the stuff he pulled on Garon in the closing minutes of game 2. ...Orr and Thompson should not have been the focus of the Monarchs in the closing minute. Hilbert really stuck it to them with his two goals last night.
So let me ask this: does the coach let the players make these kinds of decisions - going after one player or the other - or does he direct where their efforts need to be focused? I too have to wonder why no one focused on Hilbert the way you suggest in his first shift on the ice, and why he wasn't continually pressured hard throughout the game. It almost sounds as if the focus was on the closing minutes of game 2, where Nolan got jumped by Orr.

So I guess I'm asking, did Boudreau screw this up? Since Hilbert was basically left alone it would appear that there were no instructions from the bench to settle a score regarding running down our goalie. Or if there were instructions, they were misdirected toward Orr and Thompson instead, which sounds like poor guidance.

I am just at a loss trying to understand it.

Old
04-26-2005, 12:32 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
So let me ask this: does the coach let the players make these kinds of decisions - going after one player or the other - or does he direct where their efforts need to be focused? I too have to wonder why no one focused on Hilbert the way you suggest in his first shift on the ice, and why he wasn't continually pressured hard throughout the game. It almost sounds as if the focus was on the closing minutes of game 2, where Nolan got jumped by Orr.

So I guess I'm asking, did Boudreau screw this up? Since Hilbert was basically left alone it would appear that there were no instructions from the bench to settle a score regarding running down our goalie. Or if there were instructions, they were misdirected toward Orr and Thompson instead, which sounds like poor guidance.

I am just at a loss trying to understand it.
I dont think Boudreau plays that game. I dont think he sends players out there with the intention on payback. That is something the players do on there own IMO. To be honest, I dont want the Monarchs to be focusing on getting Hilbert,Orr or Thompson. they should be focusing on playing the 60 minutes of hockey that is needed to get this series evened up. They start focusing on getting payback on someone, they will be down 3 games to 1.

Old
04-26-2005, 01:30 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I dont think Boudreau plays that game. I dont think he sends players out there with the intention on payback. That is something the players do on there own IMO.
So, perhaps Schmidt dropped the ball, then.

Quote:
To be honest, I dont want the Monarchs to be focusing on getting Hilbert,Orr or Thompson. they should be focusing on playing the 60 minutes of hockey...
Well, we'll have to kind of go our separate ways on our opinions of this particular aspect of the game, then. I am of the opinion that those 60 minutes of hockey have as much to do with intimidation and "sending messages" as they do with passing and scoring. I agree with forgetting Orr and/or Thompson; however, when it comes to Hilbert who is a direct scoring threat I think the team should have been focusing on him every minute he was on the ice. I also think that not only should he have received a strong message his first shift regarding taking runs at our goalie, he probably should have heard it from Schmidt, Parros and Rullier, not necessarily in that order.

Old
04-26-2005, 01:33 PM
goin2hell
Alberta Beef.

I kind of skimmed through alot of this but just curious if pushkarev dressed and seen any ice yet?

Old
04-26-2005, 02:04 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
So, perhaps Schmidt dropped the ball, then.

Well, we'll have to kind of go our separate ways on our opinions of this particular aspect of the game, then. I am of the opinion that those 60 minutes of hockey have as much to do with intimidation and "sending messages" as they do with passing and scoring. I agree with forgetting Orr and/or Thompson; however, when it comes to Hilbert who is a direct scoring threat I think the team should have been focusing on him every minute he was on the ice. I also think that not only should he have received a strong message his first shift regarding taking runs at our goalie, he probably should have heard it from Schmidt, Parros and Rullier, not necessarily in that order.
I guess i should have clarified what i meant then. I meant just taking runs at guys like Hilbert, Orr or Thompson is the wrong thing to do at this point of the series. I agree we have to be physical with them, especially with Hilbert who constantly gets away with slashing on the back of the legs. Be physical and get in their face yes. taking runs at them and taking stupid, neeedless penalties, no. This team is down in the series and we should not be concerned with going out of our way to exact payback except on the first couple of shifts depending on the matchups. Take care of business early, then go out and win the game.

Old
04-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Thornton97

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2hell
I kind of skimmed through alot of this but just curious if pushkarev dressed and seen any ice yet?

No, and I don't think we will see him unless there is an emergency situation. I would suspect his presence is just to get use to practice, the big boys, and the 'A.'

Old
04-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Take care of business early, then go out and win the game.
Right

Old
04-26-2005, 09:18 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Did i not say the last 2 games that Hauser should start? // He played better throughout the season and espiacilly against Providence

Old
04-26-2005, 09:51 PM
deano

I can deal with the fact that the Kings/Monarchs didn't bring anyone in for the playoff run. The younger guys can get some quality ice time, and whatnot. If they continue to put Garon in there, then I have to point my finger at either bad coaching or poor management. With the way Hauser has played against Providence, and the poor showings from Garon, it would be absolutely stupid to not start Hauser.

Old
04-27-2005, 05:14 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
If garon starts that proves that Andy, or Dave is pulling the strings.... let Bruce coach they he wants..... it got them where they are now...... and i swear if they dont play strong "D" its gonna be ugly tonight........ I have work at 4 so im gonna be gone...... but ill have my fingers crossed guys!

Old
04-27-2005, 05:16 PM
McSorley 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Right
Let Parros handle it this time. Early in the first period I hope

Old
04-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Albi

1 hour to go

Old
04-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Thornton97

15 minutes. Game 4. Game 7. No wait, game 4...er....

Old
04-27-2005, 06:48 PM
CrossCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano
I can deal with the fact that the Kings/Monarchs didn't bring anyone in for the playoff run. The younger guys can get some quality ice time, and whatnot. If they continue to put Garon in there, then I have to point my finger at either bad coaching or poor management. With the way Hauser has played against Providence, and the poor showings from Garon, it would be absolutely stupid to not start Hauser.
Nice avatar Kid!

Old
04-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

1-0 Monarchs.

PP goal by Smyth from Cammalleri and Brown.

Old
04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Bad feeling about this game from the Bruins side. I want my Bruins to win, but it will be tough.

EDIT----Your team in winning 1-0 already.

Old
04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Thornton97

Garon in once again. Interesting. I think LA is calling the shots, as I don't think Bruce would have put him in once again.

That's alright, as long as he can pull out the 'W.'

Old
04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Thornton97

Penalties will kill us at this rate. Three straight. The boys have to play smarter as even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes.

Old
04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

1-1. PPG by Kurka from Bergeron.

Old
04-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

2-1 Monarchs. Brown from Cammalleri and Kostopoulos.

Old
04-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Stay out of the box!!!!

4 penalties in the 1st.

This just in. 4 on 4 now.

D

Closed Thread