HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00pm et | RDS, TSN-Habs, MSG 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 06:55 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I expect us to be swept in 4 in the playoffs and miss the playoff next year if Price is still our number 1 goalie.
I really hope the Nordiques never come back to the NHL....

Old
Hab-a-maniac

When you build soft teams they eventually wear down and get exposed. 3 Leaf ass kickings (first loss 2-1 was flattering score) proved we were vulnerable. Looks like the rest of the league figured it out. It's just like 08-09 when we went 0-3-1 to end the season then got swept in the 1st round. We get swept and lose our last 3 reg. season games including tonight, it'd be a 1-11 finish including 8 straight losses Folks we're in a free fall, not a slump. Thank God it's a 48 game season but it's like after beating Buffalo, a switch went off. And we just stopped caring. We've handed Boston the Northeast and will play the one team who owns us more than any other. Great strategy boys.

Old
Kenny Powders

Thats exactly why I dont want to us to re-sign Ryder. When he's not scoring goals, he's totally useless

Old
04-23-2013, 06:56 PM
NHLcrazy

They're still in it... just need to wake th F up. Come on.

Old
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Not, the second goal he gave was god awful.
I know Price has been struggling lately but how was the 2nd goal Price's fault when there was a Devil in front of the net uncovered?

Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

our issue isn't offense I think everyone would agree.

The true issue here is that our D does not know what to do with the puck and our forwards are never in a position because they are running around like their heads are cut off. This makes the D paranoid when they turn around with the puck for an outlet pass and see our forwards out of position thus Hemming us in our own end.

The D has no confidence in the forwards and the forwards have zero confidence in their D. This means everyone is trying to do too much and are missing assignments. I think MT and JJ should meet with each player individually and work things out because it obviously isn't what shape they are in its about whats going on between the ears. We need to wake up.

I think Price has got the message already and looks great tonight but still our forwards and D need to work as a unit and they aren't.

Old
04-23-2013, 06:57 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Unless MT is willing to drastically rearrange the Dcore, we're in big trouble. Having to battle so hard just to get it out of our end wears down the entire team and obviously leads to losses. Say what you want about Tinordi's readiness, but Pateryn could easily slot into the 3rd pairing. I don't have anything against weber but he's redundant with Diaz being back.

Old
Adriatic

Every team has down periods like this, only difference is other teams have a number #1 goal that can be solid and keep you in games. Price cannot make one decent save save to keep us in it.

Old
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Damn we suck. Lol i remember the leafs last season very good until half season than a major colapse.. who knows maybe the habs would have been doing the same this year.. its not like we are a loaded team.. we got 2 elite talent..for now and 1 is questionable (subban and price).. we got extremelly lucky that our 3 "2nd lines" produced this much.. anyways.. hopefully we wakeup during playoffs. Next year is full of hope anyways.. specially of bergevin can get an elite winger... and no excuse.. we got to sacrifice to get something good.

Old
kovaless

I love the Habs, but in times like this we are missing the superstar spark. It seems like everyone is 4th liners out there. There is no one to to take over the game.

I say Subban should just try to go end to end. He's the only one who can. It's not like any other strategy is working.

Old
FeelsLike93

Don't even think about how bad were sucking. Wanna know the funny part? We once had one of the stingiest defenses surrounding the fewest shots against in the first half of the season. Amazing.

Old
NewHabsEra*

those blaming Price tonight know nothing about hockey, there is just no more structure in front of our goaltenders.. full of holes, disgusting hockey, **** this team!

Old
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I know Price has been struggling lately but how was the 2nd goal Price's fault when there was a Devil in front of the net uncovered?
Why are the hab forwards never left uncovered in front of the opposition goalie???

Old
04-23-2013, 06:58 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Good News... Flyers dominating the Ruins... How we are still in a fight for the divison lead is beyond me!

Old
04-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

So much negativity. Come on guys, there's still 2 periods, Price has looked fine so far. We're not 4 goals down, so there's still a good chance a few wake up and get us back in it.

Old
04-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
To be fair, suppose they added a better D, maybe we wouldn't play like this.

Still, no risk taken so no worries.

They got a few games to bounce back.
It'd be a lot easier to be optimistic of that happening if the majority of the roster wasn't coming off the entirety of last season where they showed how bad they can really be. 82 games from an year ago vs recent 40 games - tough to predict how/whether they'd go 08/09 or 09/10 this playoffs.

Old
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
and I said he's been awful lately but tonight he's been great. It could be 4 nothing right now
Great ? 2 goals on 9 shots ....

I know the defense is terrible but price is paid 6,5M$ and he is our " franchise player".

Old
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
It wasn't. Neither was the 1st. This team has become terrible defensively, it's ridiculous to watch all the scoring chances they're bleeding game after game, and then to hear people blame the goalie who would need to be perfect every game lately is hilarious.

Old
wolfinhabsclothing

My random thoughts:

- Habs need to get a "non-Quebec school of thought" goalie coach. Price should not be a butterfly goalie. He's a big guy. If he stood up he'd be so much better. That second goal was a joke!

- Would like to see some of the skaters/veterans on this team held as accountable as Price. Pretty much everyone but Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Prust, PK, and Eller is a passenger right now. Where is our captain in all of this?

- Therrien was fine during the honeymoon phase, when everything was going well, but he looks at his wits end dealing with adversity. He looks like he did when things went south in Pittsburgh. Seriously, can ANYONE see this guy outcoaching Randy Carlyle or Paul MacLean?

- Next year Alex Galchenyuk should be the #1 or #1A center. Eller the #3. Plekanec or Desharnais should be #2, with the other being dealt. Plek would fetch the better return, but he's also a better all around player and more useful to us as well.

Old
habdynasty

I would rather see Tinordi play before the Swiss miss and the other midget d.

Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Ya but weber's elite.
Good logic.

Did I hurt your feelings saying Price has been horrible for 7-weeks? He's been good tonight, IMO, but maybe you should talk to him instead of getting so upset by me saying he's been poor.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:00 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Price is not to blame. Watching the replays, coverage is ridiculously awful. They all suck at it. Thing is, they suck at scoring goals too. Why can't they at least put some effort at getting better at either being better defensively or scoring goals.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Still in this. I know it's easy to think it's over but it's not. Every team that ends their slumps and go on a great streak, actually have to start the streak at one point. And tonight could be the night.

Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
In his defense, Bourque is having a good game tonight though...
I think so too. He just needs the ability to finish and he'd be a dangerous fwd.

Price is being forced to play deep in his net. That second goal, Diaz majorly screwed up. I mean, if you're Price, you don't expect that. He almost had it. I'm sure he's not too pleased with the D.

We can and should storm back in this game.

Other games not going our way either.

Old
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Good News... Flyers dominating the Ruins... How we are still in a fight for the divison lead is beyond me!
You got me exciting for nothing. Score is 1-1. I thought it's 3-0 for Flyers.

Closed Thread