HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1260 CFRN Comrie Karaoke

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 12:27 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
oh boo hoo...

comrie's running himself out of town. not that i can blame him - i'd trade the admiration of everyone in edmonton for an extra million bucks too.

in the meantime, you should remember (all you comrie defenders) that empathizing with him assumes that he thinks like you. he doesn't. he thinks like a spoiled millionaire.
Is that an insane amount of jealousy talking there?

I don't blame Comrie for trying to make as much money as possible. Look at his brother Paul. He tried to make a living at hockey, and now he can't do it anymore. There are very few guarantees in life, and you have to think ahead.

I also don't blame Lowe for not caving in. He doesn't have to. He does have all the power, and unlike most idiot GM's, he is using it. Marty Turco got a 400% raise this year from the stars (plus bonuses)... wtf is that? The Stars had possession, with time running out, and the coughed it up and lost.

Part of the problem, is you have owners, like in Tampa Bay, acting like idiots. Look at the contract Richards signed... now everyone from Havlat to Gaborik to Comrie will want that. So much irresponsibility is ruining this league. Because of that, Lowe has no choice but to hold on and hope Comrie needs him, before he needs Comrie.

Old
09-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Hemsky4PM

If Comrie is signed, at this point an unlikely resolution, then he will be in control of whether or not he is boed out of town. There are always some stupid fans that will boo for no reason, but there is also a lot who appreciate the value of a player as displayed through his play. If he comes back and has 2 goals and 2 assists in his first 5 games the tone changes immediately. Especially if the goals are of the gritty or highlight variety. There is still room on this team for him and he can regain fans' respect through strong play.

Old
09-25-2003, 12:50 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
I think the only justifiable reason to boo comrie is if he in some way hurts the teams on-ice performance, either by not being in the line-up or being in the line-up and playing like he did at the end of last season at which time he was putrid. As long as he plays, plays hard and contributes then he can't be faulted for what happens off the ice. Because once he's on the ice the blame for anything off the ice, that you might not like, must fall on Kevin Lowe, since he has the final say in signing him, meaning if comrie's playing he is signed....

Old
09-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Freakey Styley

ok there's this dude in mtl, yvon pednault, he's well known and very respected for news around the nhl and he said yesterday that comrie wants out of edm and that he's forcing lowe on a trade. i have hard time believing this because some stuff don't really seem to add up (like comrie coming to camp and lowe locking him out). he's not the kind of guy to just throw rumours out for the hell of it , so he probably just said what other people have told him about the situation, whatever, i don't know.

Old
09-25-2003, 05:00 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
my guess is "Mix Masta Imake****up" and "Heavy Looking fo' Attention Gangsta"...
Didn't know I sounded like I was from the Compton. Didn't intend to. The "bros" is his older brother. Now I may of caught him on a bad day, cos he probally has been asked the same question over and over and over. But from what he said it didn't sound too promising. As for me making stuff up, I think there are way better ways of getting someone's attention then pulling that kindda ****.

GXL

Closed Thread