HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well At least it was close

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
  #126
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
funny how no one complained while they were winning even though we all knew they were too small. Now that they are struggling, its excuse time....


NO EXCUSES REMEMBER.
small is small. i dont have to like it if i dont want to.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
  #127
Chfan
HFB Partner
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,120
vCash: 500
I've been a big Gionta detractor but he played really inspired tonight.

Also, Price is slowly gaining his confidence back. If we win the next 2, we're right back on track.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
  #128
pcamp
Registered User
 
pcamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,454
vCash: 500
Everything that used to work for montreal is gone quick breakout, puck control and forecheck its all non existant

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:52 PM
  #129
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Well, the key question is - where would this team finish if it was an 82 game season?

The way they are playing, probably 7th-8th. Maybe even out of the playoffs.

So not sure we'd be calling it a huge success.
I agree with this post. The shortened season has been good to the teams that had the best start and to the teams just outside the playoffs, there is no time to make up ground.

Based on how well we did up to the trade deadline it would have made more sense to pick up some help based on the fact of where that you never take for granted that you might be back in a similar position next year.

Bergevin probably should have been a bit more short sighted.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:52 PM
  #130
68
Registered User
 
68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
lol.. secondary assist. He won the faceoff that lead to the goal. Just keep hating though, it's amusing.

In terms of TOI, he was 3rd for centers tonight. But of course, all we see is hate on Desharnais like he's supposed to be Crosby. Nothing said about Plekanec missing 100 chances and being responsible for a goal against or Eller either, even though he did score a goal.
Not impressed.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:52 PM
  #131
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,785
vCash: 152
Go habs go? Anyone? oh wait, much more fun to ***** about the team every game. Show some support, they need it for the final stretch and playoffs.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:52 PM
  #132
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
funny how no one complained while they were winning even though we all knew they were too small. Now that they are struggling, its excuse time....


NO EXCUSES REMEMBER.
People obsessed over height when we were in first place. People hand pick every mistake Desharnais and Gionta make, because "smurfs".

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:53 PM
  #133
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Now that would be just plain stupid, we are only a couple of pieces away from being contenders. We need a better defense plain and simple.
We are more than a couple of pieces away...need a LOT more grit all over...
Too many small Dmen, no nastiness anywhere.

But a full re-build...no, we have several good pieces

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:53 PM
  #134
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,591
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Do mods have a crystal ball I am not aware of???
The team is 7-9 in their last 16 games. So yes, it's safe to say if there were more games, they would be a bubble team.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:53 PM
  #135
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,721
vCash: 500
Pathetic

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
  #136
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Once again.. the final game of the season before the play-offs will feature both teams resting most of their line-up.

It will NOT matter AT ALL.
I highly doubt both teams would rest guys if home ice was on the line

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
  #137
StellerEller
Registered User
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,243
vCash: 351
1)Fix the Special teams.
2)Fix the Dcore

And we can rebound in the playoffs.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
  #138
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,581
vCash: 500
LOL Bergy is optimistic, he thinks we can still get 2nd!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
  #139
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Not impressed.
Glad to hear it. Should be a fun four years for you.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:55 PM
  #140
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
LOL Bergy is optimistic, he thinks we can still get 2nd!
We can.

3 losses for Boston, 2 losses for us = profit.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:55 PM
  #141
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The team is 7-9 in their last 16 games. So yes, it's safe to say if there were more games, they would be a bubble team.
it would be just as safe to say that they might bounce back once Diaz and Bourque and Army get their legs back under them.


but maybe its more fun to complain and just assume they will lose

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:56 PM
  #142
Bloumeister
Party like it's 1984
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Morrison Hotel
Posts: 7,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Pathetic
Yes you are

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:57 PM
  #143
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's definitely something they developed over the Summer. I've never seen him do it in the past. I don't think they are going to change it now because there's not a lot of time left to really re-invent that portion of his game. However, going into next season, they need to adapt a more traditional V-H position when the puck gets behind the goal-line because this strategy is atrocious.
I disagree. My initial reaction when I saw the second goal was "why is he down?" I watched it again and again. I'm convinced he is able to cover almost all the bottom of the net. In addition if he straightens his body up a little more, he gets a good percentage of the top too. The play was supposed to come around the other way. Despite the puck going across the grain, he still almost had it. Price's game is 90% positional.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:57 PM
  #144
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's definitely something they developed over the Summer. I've never seen him do it in the past. I don't think they are going to change it now because there's not a lot of time left to really re-invent that portion of his game. However, going into next season, they need to adapt a more traditional V-H position when the puck gets behind the goal-line because this strategy is atrocious.
He commits the same way in every situation, on that second goal he did not need to fall to his knees so quickly and bascially a very low percentage shot got by him and looked bad. I remember a play in the third where Brodeur stood up in a very similar scenario and hit the puck with his stick and killed what would have been a great scoring chance at point blank range. If brodeur commits early and goes down it's a 3-3 hockey game.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:58 PM
  #145
Bask
Embellishing User
 
Bask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The team is 7-9 in their last 16 games. So yes, it's safe to say if there were more games, they would be a bubble team.
oh is it safe to say we'd be a bubble team? was it safe to say that Ovechkin wouldn't score 20 goals earlier this season?

it's just a slump, real thing starts next week and i'm not activating panic mode until then

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:58 PM
  #146
bdawg1989*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
We need physical Dmen I agree but these are expensive and hard to get... I'm talking about GOOD physical Dmen, not some plug who plays 10min a night. We need 1 or 2 of these in our top4.

How do we proceed ? Tinordi is coming along but he's still a project. Trade for another one ? We'll have to pay big time, imo, something like a good player + a good prospect and maybe even a pick. We have too many small players in our top6, DD, Gionta, Gallagher... I love Gallagher so I would always keep him there, but Gio and DD need to go.

Cant stand watching DD play for this club 4 more years, jesus.

Oh and Price needs to see a sport psychologist or something, badly.

bdawg1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:59 PM
  #147
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
People obsessed over height when we were in first place. People hand pick every mistake Desharnais and Gionta make, because "smurfs".
No... All you have to see are the games when we get manhandled by Toronto and Boston!

when we can't get into the front of the net because our smaller players are blocked off!
When we send a 5'7 or 5'9 guy to screen a 6 foot goalie
When we can't clear the front of own net
When we can't win ANY 1:1 battles along the board
When we are challenged and our players start looking for lose change along the boards
When Price gets run and we do nothing
When the game of hockey is still PHYSICAL sport that requires hard nosed nasty players mixed in with your skill guys!

These observations have fallen on blind eyes in our orginization for ...15+ years!!!

Seriously don't understand why folks don't get this!!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:00 PM
  #148
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 21,089
vCash: 50
offer sheet Pietrangelo

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:01 PM
  #149
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
No... All you have to see are the games when we get manhandled by Toronto and Boston!

when we can't get into the front of the net because our smaller players are blocked off!
When we send a 5'7 or 5'9 guy to screen a 6 foot goalie
When we can't clear the front of own net
When we can't win ANY 1:1 battles along the board
When we are challenged and our players start looking for lose change along the boards
When Price gets run and we do nothing
When the game of hockey is still PHYSICAL sport that requires hard nosed nasty players mixed in with your skill guys!

These observations have fallen on blind eyes in our orginization for ...15+ years!!!

Seriously don't understand why folks don't get this!!!!
Your point about sending a 5'7 or 5'9 guy to screen the goalie. We've drafted big bodies, we've signed big bodies... the only ones that are usually willing to go to the net are the "midgets." Our big bodies are always perimeter players - didn't stop people from wanting Latendresse back because he's "big."

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:02 PM
  #150
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
offer sheet Pietrangelo
Be ready for that offer to get matched, Piets is a top 10 d-man in this league.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.