HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#46 Rangers @ Panthers

Old
04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Abooch68

vCash: 500
Our powerplay lost this game against the worst PK team in the league..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Kind of the opposite of Drury who only played well in big games.

It is getting frustrating with him. That's for sure.
like someone said in the GDT, hes trying to do wayyy too much out there. hes trying to be rick nash out there half the time. his whole career has been playing a simple game and he just hasn't done much of that this season.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zelrio*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
I think we could come up with more points in two games vs car and njd than Ottawa can against caps flyers boston. No?
You're a funny guy.

zelrio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:44 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
like someone said in the GDT, hes trying to do wayyy too much out there. hes trying to be rick nash out there half the time. his whole career has been playing a simple game and he just hasn't done much of that this season.
I would say this has been endemic, though, of a few seasons now. I've seen it in big games with him. It's like it gets to him somehow and he just goes full ****** on the big games or something.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:44 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
Does it matter if they make the playoffs? Even if they do, it won't be as anything but the 8th seed and Pittsburgh would mop the floor with them.
I definitely think it matters that they make the playoffs. So what if they don't go deep, does finishing 9th somehow become advantageous (other than a miniscule change in draft ranking)?
Might as well play more and let everybody see more games, this time at a heightened level.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Could Callahan have worse offensive awareness?

Didn't see God Markstrom flailing around. Didn't shoot.

Then, shot muffins into his chest for the rest of the game. Talk about a bad game.

Side note: I put some vCash on the Panthers today. Lol. Thanks, Rangers!

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:45 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Quote:
I do. I don't see how it can be said that he had no chance of stopping it. Hank makes deflection stops every game. All of a sudden he can't make this one? I don't buy it. He was asleep all game. He let in this goal and the second goal because he had no action and played like it.

That happens to good goalies all the time. The lack of shots is probably one reason he played so crappy (and one of the reasons I think Biron would have won the game for us tonight).

Perhaps we can blame the Rangers for not letting more shots on Hank, though. That will be the next step for some on this board.
Agree to disagree here. I'll get on Hank when he needs to be get on. Like sometimes his rebound control is very suspect and it can cost the Rangers. But on that goal, with that traffic + the deflection? I'll give him a pass on that one.

The best thing about it though is I'm sure Henrik wants that one back, and that's all I can ask for in a goalie.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

I think the Rangers lose intimidation factor by losing a game like this. Coming into this game the Rangers were becoming a team to fear in the playoffs. Now I doubt teams are worried about playing them in the playoffs. Even with Lundqvist in net.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Right. I complain about Hank constantly.

I'm one of the few people that will call him out when he lets bad goals. Our discussions have devolved into ONLY praising him. Wasn't like that a couple of years ago when we had actual, non-biased discussions on the guy and could actually criticize him when it was due. Take a wild guess why I and a number of other long time posters no longer post in the GDTs. It's not because it's good discussion.

But continue to think that the problems are all with the Rangers every loss. We badly outplayed the Panthers and lost. There was no excuse for that loss. But of course it's all on the Rangers. This team can do no right.
You're wrong, they weren't bad goals. Go back and look at them. You're looking at the shots on goal for each team and blaming Henrik because he faced less. You didn't even watch the goals. You are so clueless. You are right though, they outplayed them and lost. Not because of Henrik, because they blew their chances, and Markstrom played a good game. Henrik has bad games, and Henrik lets in bad goals, but those were not bad goals.

Please continue to not post in the GDT, with opinions like that you aren't adding anything anyway. No one cares how long you've been posting, as if that's some kind of measurement for making good discussion.

ECL
Very slippery slope

Hey, I've said for years that I view Callahan as a 3rd line player on a good team. :shrug:

Old
SA16
Sixstring

You'd never know we're like 8-2-2 in our last 12 games. You expect to win every game or something? So you say we can't beat the worst team in the league? Well then you can also say we shouldn't have been able to beat the best team in the league (Pittsburgh). Just pretend we lost to them and beat Florida. No difference.

SA16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
My name is Dan Girardi, I'm not gonna pass it to the other defender while I'm being pressured, I'm just gonna take my patented weak ass wrist shot and hope the goalie's in the locker room
I may have paraphrased

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:47 PM
mike14

missed my flight and get back to see we lost, why is nothing ever simple with this team?

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nevesis

Check out Callahan's canned/cliche post game!

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Cally was bad and Clowe was invisible.....didn't notice him once !!

WhatThePuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
You're wrong, they weren't bad goal. Go back and look at them. You're look at the shots on goal for each team and blaming Henrik because he faced less. You didn't even watch the goals. You are so clueless. You are right though, they outplayed them and lost. Not because of Henrik, because they blew their chances, and Markstrom played a good game. Henrik has bad games, and Henrik lets in bad goals, but those were not bad goals.

Please continue to not post in the GDT, with opinions like that you aren't adding anything anyway. No one cares how long you've been posting, as if that's some kind of measurement for making good discussion.
The second goal was absolutely a bad goal. I don't even know how you can defend it. I fully admit that the first goal is at least defensible, even if I feel Hank should have stopped it.

I assure you I add a hell of a lot more than you do since all you do is complain about the team, Torts, and the others you hate. I've yet to see you give an actual good discussion on the game of hockey. Oh well.

This GDT is going to make me stock my ignore list with people, at least.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:48 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Right. I complain about Hank constantly.

I'm one of the few people that will call him out when he lets bad goals. Our discussions have devolved into ONLY praising him. Wasn't like that a couple of years ago when we had actual, non-biased discussions on the guy and could actually criticize him when it was due. Take a wild guess why I and a number of other long time posters no longer post in the GDTs. It's not because it's good discussion.

But continue to think that the problems are all with the Rangers every loss. We badly outplayed the Panthers and lost. There was no excuse for that loss. But of course it's all on the Rangers. This team can do no right.
I agree with you Jon. You have every right to criticize Lundqvist tonight. Both goals were completely stoppable.

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Holocene

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
its not about just making the playoffs, we gotta avoid the 8 seed, which is why this was such a killer loss. pens will beat us in 4 or 5.
We're going to have to play them at some point unless some miracle happens and the Sens get 8th and knock the Pens out.

Holocene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
nevesis

Quote:
Hey, I've said for years that I view Callahan as a 3rd line player on a good team. :shrug:
Same here, but the second he scores a goal all you hear is "LOL WHOS THE 3RD LINE PLAYER NOW!?!"

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

Quote:
after putting up 29 last year i thought that 3rd liner label would be gone for good but he's certainly not making a good case for himself this year. i'll still consider him a second liner though.

however, i didnt even know the extra effort award was given already but its a crime that it was given to cally and not stepan.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Check out Callahan's canned/cliche post game!
"Ryan, fans are saying you have been playing like **** and you only won the award through casual voting. What are your thoughts?"

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
Maybe too much is expected from a not very skilled player like Cally.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:51 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I agree with you Jon. You have every right to criticize Lundqvist tonight. Both goals were completely stoppable.
Thank you. And I fully admit that the first goal was debatable. It can go either way. I personally feel he should have saved it, some don't.

I fail to see the logic of Lundqvist being immune from criticism from some here. People are just so blinded by hate for Torts, Richards, etc. that all of a sudden they lose focus of the fact that this was a pretty damn good game for us (save for Callahan and Lundqvist) and we just ran into a goalie that straight up beat us. It happens. That's what's both fun and maddening about hockey. It happens at the highest level and it happens during peewees.

Old
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
If you put money against your own team.. well that just kind of makes you an *******
I lost "money" on the Rangers, but won on the Caps.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
crisb

why no updates from the beat guys on twitter?

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote