HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XVII

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 01:35 PM
brownbello

vCash: 500
Good point MS I was coming here to point that out. Was doing some research and from what I can see he's not making huge money on that team. Apparently there's a very big divide between high priced KHL players and the bottom end. Plus we're forgetting a lot of the perks that are not found on the lesser teams on the KHL. Taxes are the draw back here, but even him playing in Utica I think the perks are better (training, transportation, development etc...)

Old
06-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Bitz and Bites

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
didnt we sign Evan McEneny after his prospect camp?
IIRC,we did'nt have a prospect camp last year due to the impending lockout so that would'nt have been the case.
The last signing from camp I can recall was Kellan Tochkin and we all know how well that worked out.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

The kid put up .5 PPG in the second best league in the world. Wouldn't be a stretch to say he'd put up close to a PPG in the AHL but who knows if he could survive the NHL transition? He's certainly got the frame for it, which is good.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:56 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitz and Bites View Post
IIRC,we did'nt have a prospect camp last year due to the impending lockout so that would'nt have been the case.
The last signing from camp I can recall was Kellan Tochkin and we all know how well that worked out.
huh?

What are you talking about? We had development camp in 2012 (http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=636066). What we did not have is the young stars tournament, which was cancelled.

The last signing was Mceneny, in sept 2012.

A reason why it feels like we never sign these guys is because most of the free agents invited are NCAA or NCAA bound.

We invited Zach Hall last season and now he had a very good year and will probably be drafted. We do invite some interesting guys.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:18 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Indrasis plays for a bad KHL team in Latvia, though.

There is of course the perception that the KHL is loaded with cash, but really there are only about 5-7 'have' teams that are the ones poaching talent, and a huge divide between those clubs and the rest of the league. I doubt Indrasis is making a substantial amount for Dynamo Riga - probably more than in the AHL, but not by much. Not the same situation as guys like Shirokov and Koltsov who would be getting 7-figure contacts for marquee teams over there.
is Indrasis not getting offers from the other KHL teams?

Old
06-21-2013, 04:20 PM
StrictlyCommercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbello View Post
Good point MS I was coming here to point that out. Was doing some research and from what I can see he's not making huge money on that team. Apparently there's a very big divide between high priced KHL players and the bottom end. Plus we're forgetting a lot of the perks that are not found on the lesser teams on the KHL. Taxes are the draw back here, but even him playing in Utica I think the perks are better (training, transportation, development etc...)
I doubt Latvia has the same tax exceptions as Russia. I don't actually know, but it's probably safe to assume the two countries have different tax codes.

Old
06-21-2013, 05:03 PM
brownbello

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
I doubt Latvia has the same tax exceptions as Russia. I don't actually know, but it's probably safe to assume the two countries have different tax codes.
Yeah you know what I didn't take the different contries into consideration when I made that tax comment. Its just like the NHL we're dealing with two countries. My bad.

Old
06-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Bitz and Bites

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
huh?

What are you talking about? We had development camp in 2012 (http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=636066). What we did not have is the young stars tournament, which was cancelled.

The last signing was Mceneny, in sept 2012.

A reason why it feels like we never sign these guys is because most of the free agents invited are NCAA or NCAA bound.

We invited Zach Hall last season and now he had a very good year and will probably be drafted. We do invite some interesting guys.

Ooos,I was thinking of the rookie camp that comes up before the main training camp in September when I posted that,which we did'nt have due to the lockout.

Checking your link,I see that McEneny was at the development camp last July so that likely did factor into his signing.

Old
06-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Verviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I can't remember why they didn't sign Laleggia but they had no contract spots for Fraser.
wasn't he going to college?

Old
06-21-2013, 07:26 PM
windflare

Laleggia was going to college. He was a good spot by our scouts, and I was hoping that we'd pick him up in the 4th, with the season that he had in UND. Apparently, that didn't work out, and the Oilers picked him in the 5th. Still, it's tough to make it as a 5"9 D-man, even though he's doing well in the NCAA.

McEneny is a development camp signing. Good one, too.

Matt Fraser was the main one we 'missed' due to contract spots, but... to be fair, his skating did suck. It improved a lot though, more than the norm.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:38 AM
BalticWarrior

Few more videos starring Indrasis if you guys care

-

he scores at 1:01

Old
06-22-2013, 06:45 AM
BalticWarrior

I myself have seen alot of Indrasis,he has unbelievably silky smooth hands,he can easily go trough 2 defenders like nobodies business,but his con is that he imo doesnt use his god given body to throw more hits around.But talent is certainly a thing he isnt lacking.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:50 AM
BalticWarrior

Also this is a full game of Slovan vs Dinamo Riga,Indrasis is #70

Old
06-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbello View Post
Utica has a great travel schedule with 5 teams within a 2 hour bus ride.

Heck a tough coach could make them rides bikes home from some games.

Old
06-22-2013, 02:19 PM
BATJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
I myself have seen alot of Indrasis,he has unbelievably silky smooth hands,he can easily go trough 2 defenders like nobodies business,but his con is that he imo doesnt use his god given body to throw more hits around.But talent is certainly a thing he isnt lacking.
thanks for the insight and the clips

Old
06-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitz and Bites View Post
Tochkin looked overmatched in the WHL, it's surprising to see that he led his team in scoring in the CHL playoffs last year. The CHL must be a pretty weak league.

Old
06-23-2013, 06:03 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Thanks for the videos BalticWarrior!

Old
06-23-2013, 06:19 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Thanks for the videos BalticWarrior!
Sure, no problem!

Old
06-23-2013, 10:50 AM
jammyrft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post

talking about not throwing his body around, how is he physically? Is he easy to knock off the puck? Does he use his body to battle for the puck? Is he strong on the puck for his size?

Being 6'3" I don't mind if he doesn't hit that much as long as he's not a pushover

Old
06-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Free Torts

Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Hopefully Indrasis impresses at camp. It'd be a real score to get a prospect like him for free.

Old
06-23-2013, 12:05 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Hopefully Indrasis impresses at camp. It'd be a real score to get a prospect like him for free.
Thankfully for Gillis he's able to pull out these free agent gems to date. Signing talent is something he seems to be very good at.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:12 PM
PRNuck

Just read feebster's post in the prospects forum that we have Cody Sylvester coming to prospect's camp now! That's awesome, Sly is a stud.

Old
06-23-2013, 02:57 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Just read feebster's post in the prospects forum that we have Cody Sylvester coming to prospect's camp now! That's awesome, Sly is a stud.
Everything i've read about him sounds good. He fits the Gillis character mold to a tee. I read one article where they argue to have his number retired because of how much people respect him in the organization. Sounds like their Trevor Linden.

Do you like him as a player?

Old
06-23-2013, 03:10 PM
jigsaw99

funny in the last 5 or so years we get better players via "signings" "training camps" than through our drafting past the 1st round.

Old
06-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Benjo

Its easier to convince a more developed player to join your team than predict an 18 year olds future.

Closed Thread