HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQ SERIES DISCUSSION | (1) Penguins vs. (8) Islanders | #BeLIeve

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2013, 11:25 PM
19 in a row

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Chick 89 View Post
So coming from Suffolk I could still take the meadow brook south to hempstead turnpike exit?
I believe so.. the Wantagh Pkway will be closed (along with charles lindbergh, merrick ave, stewart ave) but the Meadowbrook should be opened and hempstead tpke as well... see the directions below to the race from the marathon link.. It shows that you can take meadowbrook to hempstead tpke to park in eisenhower park and watch the race... they don't run on either of those roads either so I think this is right and what i will try to do by going west on hempstead tpke after getting off meadowbrook in order to get to coliseum...

http://www.run-li.com/2011/index.php?id=59
DIRECTIONS FOR SUNDAY - RACE DAY PARKING:
To Finish Line Area:
Take the Meadowbrook Parkway to Exit M5E.
Travel on Hempstead Tpke east to the 4th traffic light. This is the entrance to Eisenhower Park.
Make a Left turn into Eisenhower Park and follow signs and security personnel to parking areas.

From Stewart Avenue or Merrick Avenue (before 7:30 AM only)
Take Stewart avenue east, crossing Merrick Avenue, and enter Eisenhower Park.
Follow signs and security personnel to parking areas.

Make sure you arrive with enough time to get to the Charles Lindbergh Blvd. Start Line BEFORE 8:00 AM !!!

Old
04-28-2013, 11:40 PM
CaptDenisPotvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacunacoil777 View Post
Someone who has watched the penguins the last 3 years tell me how the Islanders 9 lady bing canidates on the top three lines make it out of this series still healthy? You can't build a team with 9 lady bing canidates as the top 9 fowards and expect anything to go well. The penguins will make dale Hunter look like a peacfull player if the penguins find themselves trailing in this series. Its like prisoners doing life playing hockey agains catholic high school teenagers.
we are playing the penguins right? I had to read this 3 times, i still cant believe it....some people you just have to throw your hands in the air and laugh at

Old
04-28-2013, 11:48 PM
dash8fo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy16 View Post
This is why the marathon is an issue for the sunday game:

Look at the race course location:

Marathon
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Start Line is on Charles Lindbergh Blvd. in Uniondale, NY

Half Marathon

10K Race

Finish Line Festival
Time: 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Location: Finish Line area in Eisenhower Park, across from Parking Field #5

So i live right in the middle of the whole course right by Clark high school and i literally have zero way out of my neighborhood. Carman is closed to Hempstead turnpike. Old country road is closed going west. Going north i hit post or brush hallow which were closed last year. Any ideas or anyone live in the area who can quide me out. Maybe old country east and take 106 to the turnpike i think i tried that last ur but they wouldn't let us cross the wantagh because of the Salisbury drive entrance. This marathon really gets on my nerves.

Old
04-28-2013, 11:57 PM
ZMan17
U of A!!!

The schedule for the home games couldn't be worse for me...I'm not flying back from Tucson until the 8th because of finals, so I'm missing games 3 and 4...hope to God that we have a game 6, which I was supposed to go to Philly for Mothers Day but can hopefully sneak my way out of for the occasion.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Bert Marshall days

Ya know if they had a train/subway near NVMC the marathon sunday wouldn't be a problem.

Old
04-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Isles Fan View Post
Call me old school, I hate afternoon playoff games.

I would laugh my **s off if the Rangers-Caps game on Saturday goes into OT and screws NBC and their precious Kentucky Derby coverage.
The Derby would be shown and hockey would get bumped to another NBC channel for OT just like happened to NYR-Buffalo years ago as the Derby gets 50 times the ratings that NHL does.

Afternoon games blow.

Old
04-29-2013, 04:43 AM
macleod50

vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
F$#$#$%@%@%@

I was worrying it might be 3PM and I would miss first period now I miss the entire f'en game
Likewise. Have to go into work Sunday now and taking off isn't an option. Guess my ticket is going up on StubHub.

Old
04-29-2013, 05:47 AM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKIsles View Post
And that's a crappy, negative opinion.

Pens are beatable, hell, an 8 seed won the Stanley Cup last year.

Crosby is not 100%, and when he comes back, he's going to be on a line with Iginla, who he's played all of two games with.

Our defense has improved, our second line has improved, and we score goals in transition. Cappy just has to stress the physical play because we lost the last game against the Pens because we allowed them to beat us up.

Anything can happen, the NHL Playoffs are incredibly unpredictable.
crappy and negative or just reality? trust me, i would love to eat my words in a couple of weeks but i'm confident in my hockey knowledge to conclude that the nyi cannot win this series. no crosby and it's possible. a full penguins lineup, it isn't.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:08 AM
Sledneck
drive for 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Pens are stacked. Beating them this year would be a bigger upset than 1993. We'll be lucky to win a game in the series.
93 Pens Were A Better Team ThanTh Currentpens

Old
04-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

If the roads to the arena are going to be closed-- or if there is a suggested plan -- I would think that the isles web site and newsday will have it. In that case it'll be posted or linked here . No worries.

The time does blow though. Like i mentioned--- BEC on a roll and bloody Mary's guys! No time for complaining!!!!

Old
04-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Chick 89 View Post
All of the roads in that area are closed for the race that starts at 8am lol
Use Hempstead turpike you can get in from there and access any lot

Old
04-29-2013, 06:37 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Still going to tailgate, going to be too good of a time not to!
Oh yeah ill def still be tailgating get there around 9ish grill up some sausage eggs and bacon pick up some bagels on the way to go with some vodka bright and early fun times. Guess ill have to wait until Tuesday to bust out the steak and burgers.

Old
04-29-2013, 06:45 AM
IHateSidney

REALLY pissed off that we are playing the Pens and that whiny baby Crosby....hes gonna go to the ref for every stupid freaking hit....anyway does anybody know how I can get tickets to the game at home on Sunday?

Actually scratch that last question...I just saw how much the tickets are and there are only single seats left...no thank you...I'll watch it at home.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles1983 View Post
REALLY pissed off that we are playing the Pens and that whiny baby Crosby....hes gonna go to the ref for every stupid freaking hit....anyway does anybody know how I can get tickets to the game at home on Sunday?

Actually scratch that last question...I just saw how much the tickets are and there are only single seats left...no thank you...I'll watch it at home.
Could get more than single tickets from stubhub or ticketmaster exchange they're running about $100

Old
04-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Wanderson

Quote:

He will get injured in game 1. He is always getting hurt against us.

Old
04-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Oh yeah ill def still be tailgating get there around 9ish grill up some sausage eggs and bacon pick up some bagels on the way to go with some vodka bright and early fun times. Guess ill have to wait until Tuesday to bust out the steak and burgers.
you don't work Tuesday ?
Plus you could do Steak and eggs

Old
04-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Fantom

Quote:

Why are people on here off all places only looking for Tickets now.
You could have Gotten tickets from TM last WED. They were super easy to get

Old
04-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
you don't work Tuesday ?
Plus you could do Steak and eggs
I will most definitely be taking off my supervisor has known for a couple weeks if we made playoffs don't expect me in haha

Mmmmmm steak and eggs i am changing my mind now

Old
04-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I will most definitely be taking off my supervisor has known for a couple weeks if we made playoffs don't expect me in haha

Mmmmmm steak and eggs i am changing my mind now
I ma new at my Job so i cant take any time off yet. I can get there like 5 :30 Tuesday. maybe i will come find you

Old
04-29-2013, 08:25 AM
bvon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy16 View Post
This is why the marathon is an issue for the sunday game:

Look at the race course location:

Marathon

Half Marathon

10K Race

Finish Line Festival
Time: 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Location: Finish Line area in Eisenhower Park, across from Parking Field #5

Just wonderful.....basically the Meadowbrook is the only way to the arena now (from N and E), its gonna be packed to the gills....

Old
04-29-2013, 08:44 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
crappy and negative or just reality? trust me, i would love to eat my words in a couple of weeks but i'm confident in my hockey knowledge to conclude that the nyi cannot win this series. no crosby and it's possible. a full penguins lineup, it isn't.
Meh. It will be tough, but not impossible.

There are a couple of reasons the Isles can win...
1) The Pens have not had all their players on the ice at the same time. There is no telling how certain players will mesh. The Isles could take advantage early in the series.

2) Marc-Andre Fleury. He has had 1 good playoff, 1 ok playoff, 3 below average playoffs and then last year was a complete disaster. If he plays anything like he did last year (.834 s%) the Isles not only can win but will win.

3) The Pens defense can be slow. They added Eaton and Murray to a defense that already included Orpik. If all of them play, JT, Grabner, Bailey and Okposo should be able to take advantage at some point.

Number 2 is the biggest one. If Nabokov can outplay Fleury the Isles will have a chance. They need to pressure Fleury early. If they can get an early goal or two, maybe he loses confidence and implodes. Vokoun is a good backup, but hasn't won a playoff series and hasn't even played a playoff game in 6 years.

Old
04-29-2013, 08:50 AM
IceAce
Strait Trippin'

vCash: 13477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey Hockey View Post
My biggest question right now is about the broadcasts as a displaced fan in PA. I have GCL but I'll be hit with a double blackout whammy being in Penguins territory and having games nationally televised. Is it possible they will have an MSG broadcast with Howie making the call on CNBC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
So, I'm assuming there are no more games on GameCenter...since I'm sure they'd be blacked out anyway.

I would just HAAAAAAAATE to be stuck watching the Pens broadcast...I don't think I can stomach it.
There is no GCL for the playoffs since NBC broadcasts all playoff games nationally on one of their 4 Networks. You'll get either the National NBC announcers or one of the Isles/Pens broadcast teams under the guise of the NBC banner.

Old
04-29-2013, 09:03 AM
19 in a row

Looks like it is going to be bacon, eggs, sausage and bloody mary's rather than ribs and steak.. of course there will still be beer.

Last edited by 19 in a row: 04-29-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old
04-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Katie Strang at ESPN.com has the Penguins in 6

Old
04-29-2013, 09:08 AM
IceAce
Strait Trippin'

vCash: 13477
Quote: