HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-chi, Mtl-Edm. Eberle, pacioretty, plekanec, seabrook

Old
04-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Mtl-chi, Mtl-Edm. Eberle, pacioretty, plekanec, seabrook

Had this discussed in 2 other threads but people keep interrupting the Convo.

Montreal gets
Eberle
Paajarvi

Edmonton gets
Pacioretty
Emelin
Bourque
Moen

And

Montreal gets
Hjalmarsson
Hayes

Chicago
Plekanec

Both are straight forward hockey deals habs deal from depth for skill and oilers add important and great depth while the hawks get one if the best 2 way centers for their 2nd line

Discuss... Counter proposals?

Last edited by Habsfannick: 04-26-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Habsfannick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Giontatas

As a Habs fan, I cry that you and I support the same team.

But I take solace in the fact that you are not the GM of this club.

Both of those trades are terrible.

Giontatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:02 PM
bdawg1989*

Awful.

bdawg1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giontatas View Post
As a Habs fan, I cry that you and I support the same team.

But I take solace in the fact that you are not the GM of this club.

Both of those trades are terrible.
Great comment and why is it so bad? We lose a fourth liner, a third liner, a first line center and winger and what seems like a prospect that needs a change for an elite winger and dmen, a good 2-3line guy and a good prospect in Hayes.

We deal from two positions of strength and add elite talent

Old
04-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Chacal667

I like those trades except that I would replace Emelin by something with equivalent value and Diaz is the only right handed D with skills that we have after Subban.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:11 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Seriously, we just went through this a couple days ago.

Brent Seabrook is not available. Stop. Merci.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Chacal667

anyway for seabrook you can forget it he's one of the Hawks franchise player.

I just can't see that guy play with another jersey.

Could you imagine Price in another jersey ?

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Seriously, we just went through this a couple days ago.

Brent Seabrook is not available. Stop. Merci.
Would a lesser deal for Hjalmarsson be an idea?

Old
04-26-2013, 07:33 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Would a lesser deal for Hjalmarsson be an idea?
The Hawks aren't looking to get worse. So if the idea is to offer lesser players and futures, than no.

Whatever the offer is, it has to make the Hawks current roster better. Teravainen and Danault are the only non-roster players that are near-untouchable, especially Teravainen.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
The Hawks aren't looking to get worse. So if the idea is to offer lesser players and futures, than no.

Whatever the offer is, it has to make the Hawks current roster better. Teravainen and Danault are the only non-roster players that are near-untouchable, especially Teravainen.
Plekanec for Hjalmarsson and Hayes?

Old
04-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Mrb1p

Jesus... Go on the habs board first if you want to talk about crazy things like that...

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Jesus... Go on the habs board first if you want to talk about crazy things like that...
I don't have too had the discussion elsewhere, Edmonton fans were happy with it so was I and the seabrook was a little off base so I changed it to Hjalmarsson now.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
I don't have too had the discussion elsewhere, Edmonton fans were happy with it so was I and the seabrook was a little off base so I changed it to Hjalmarsson now.
In what world does Hjalmarsson have the same value as Seabrook? Hjalmarsson is not the primary piece in getting Plekanec. If Chicago wants Plekanec, then they offer us Saad + or we offer Plekanec + for Seabrook. Getting a player like Plekanec is not easy and cheap.

As to the OP, I say thee nay! Why is Montreal doing these deals? We are not the Expos of the NHL.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
In what world does Hjalmarsson have the same value as Seabrook? Hjalmarsson is not the primary piece in getting Plekanec. If Chicago wants Plekanec, then they offer us Saad + or we offer Plekanec + for Seabrook. Getting a player like Plekanec is not easy and cheap.

As to the OP, I say thee nay! Why is Montreal doing these deals? We are not the Expos of the NHL.
Okay the seabrook and
Hjalmarsson deals I messed up but the trade with Edmonton is good for both sides eberle is the best player in that trade hands down (and I love patches) but he really is. We give up a lot but this trade sets the tone for the offseason it gives MB the chance to build his team his way Gionta and Markovs contracts are done after next year he has the chance to go after guys he wants to fill the team while he has a great core of guys. Habs fans have a problem with overvaluing their players

Old
04-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

It is refreshing to see a fan that is willing to trade good players instead of their team's garbage.

The first proposal seems like too much to me from the Habs, especially given the downish year Eberle had.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
It is refreshing to see a fan that is willing to trade good players instead of their team's garbage.

The first proposal seems like too much to me from the Habs, especially given the downish year Eberle had.
Thank you and yeah it might be a little much but that down year isn't scary for me I see him as a potential 1st liner here for 10years next to galchenyuk with Gallagher and Eller on the second line damn that'll be scary free agency or other prospects can fill the other 2 spots I see a real bright future...

This is the NHL guys don't forget that... Not NHL 13 where you can ******** trades you gotta pay for what you want. Thanks for realizing that man good to see someone else has a head on their shoulders

Old
04-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Those are bad for the Habs

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Okay the seabrook and
Hjalmarsson deals I messed up but the trade with Edmonton is good for both sides eberle is the best player in that trade hands down (and I love patches) but he really is. We give up a lot but this trade sets the tone for the offseason it gives MB the chance to build his team his way Gionta and Markovs contracts are done after next year he has the chance to go after guys he wants to fill the team while he has a great core of guys. Habs fans have a problem with overvaluing their players
Montreal NEEDS SIZE in their top 6. Why do you want to give away not only Pacioretty, but Bourque as well? Eberle is good, yes. I don't know if he is really that much better than Pacioretty...if he is actually better at all. Eberle is another small forward. If he is replacing Gionta (I do NOT mean in a trade around Gionta, I mean if we make a deal where we somehow get Eberle to take Gionta's place but keep Pacioretty), great, if he is replacing Pacioretty, do not do the deal. I am not overvaluing a Habs player, I am pointing out that we have a team weakness that needs to be addressed, not exacerbated. We need to find another big winger to add to Pacioretty, not ship out our only 2 big wingers who can score for another small guy. For crying out loud, even Edmonton fans recognize a top 6 full of smallish skill guys is a failing formula! Montreal has had enough with small skill guys filling in the entire top 6, we do not need to continue the stupidity started by Gainey.

You messed up both deals. Significantly. By the way, last year Eberle had 11 more points than Pacioretty. This year, Pacioretty has 7 more points than Eberle while playing 3 less games. Pacioretty also brings a physical element that Eberle does not have. There is no significant difference between Eberle and Pacioretty, and Pacioretty represents a far greater need for our team than Eberle does.

Old
04-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Montreal NEEDS SIZE in their top 6. Why do you want to give away not only Pacioretty, but Bourque as well? Eberle is good, yes. I don't know if he is really that much better than Pacioretty...if he is actually better at all. Eberle is another small forward. If he is replacing Gionta (I do NOT mean in a trade around Gionta, I mean if we make a deal where we somehow get Eberle to take Gionta's place but keep Pacioretty), great, if he is replacing Pacioretty, do not do the deal. I am not overvaluing a Habs player, I am pointing out that we have a team weakness that needs to be addressed, not exacerbated. We need to find another big winger to add to Pacioretty, not ship out our only 2 big wingers who can score for another small guy. For crying out loud, even Edmonton fans recognize a top 6 full of smallish skill guys is a failing formula! Montreal has had enough with small skill guys filling in the entire top 6, we do not need to continue the stupidity started by Gainey.

You messed up both deals. Significantly. By the way, last year Eberle had 11 more points than Pacioretty. This year, Pacioretty has 7 more points than Eberle while playing 3 less games. Pacioretty also brings a physical element that Eberle does not have. There is no significant difference between Eberle and Pacioretty, and Pacioretty represents a far greater need for our team than Eberle does.
I completely disagree with you on that eberle is a much better player then pacioretty (and as I've said I'm a huge fan of max) compare their ages and stats it's undeniable that eberle is a better player. Yes montreal has a lack of physical guys in the top 6 but you know what we lack even more of that no one talks about? Pure raw talent, galchenyuk has it and I'm terrified he's gonna spend his career here with guys that are not at his level. I've said it before top 6 size is much easier to find then elite first line scoring, think what you want but this is my opinion

Old
04-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Had this discussed in 2 other threads but people keep interrupting the Convo.

Montreal gets
Eberle
Paajarvi

Edmonton gets
Pacioretty
Emelin
Bourque
Moen

And

Montreal gets
Hjalmarsson
Hayes

Chicago
Plekanec

Both are straight forward hockey deals habs deal from depth for skill and oilers add important and great depth while the hawks get one if the best 2 way centers for their 2nd line

Discuss... Counter proposals?
Let's see....
Eberle is not better than Patches.
MPS is not better than Paajarvi
then you add a top 4 Dman and a good bottom 6er(usually.) ?

That's why it doesn't work. Sure the Oilers fans were happy with that sort of over-payment. That package could get you Hall for christ sakes.

And the Chicago deal is underpayment but its a bit better as we only give a 1B and not a 1A winger, number 3-4 Dman, 2A winger and 4A winger for a 1A-B and 2B winger... Makes sense ?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
I completely disagree with you on that eberle is a much better player then pacioretty (and as I've said I'm a huge fan of max) compare their ages and stats it's undeniable that eberle is a better player. Yes montreal has a lack of physical guys in the top 6 but you know what we lack even more of that no one talks about? Pure raw talent, galchenyuk has it and I'm terrified he's gonna spend his career here with guys that are not at his level. I've said it before top 6 size is much easier to find then elite first line scoring, think what you want but this is my opinion
Based on what? Pacioretty is bigger, scores around the same amount depending upon the year, and is far more physical. I think Eberle is better offensively, but when you look at the rest of their game, Pacioretty more than makes up for any point producing deficiencies you think exist. Pacioretty is not just top 6 size, he is also a first line point producer. As I stated, the slight advantage that Eberle may hold over Pacioretty in point production is covered by the overall play and physicality Pacioretty brings to the table.
One thing a lot of people also do not realize about Pacioretty: he never had a sophomore slump. He has seen his point production increase every single season he has played in the NHL. He is only 2 years older than Eberle and is still getting better (as will Eberle). We need what Pacioretty brings far more than what Eberle brings.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Based on what? Pacioretty is bigger, scores around the same amount depending upon the year, and is far more physical. I think Eberle is better offensively, but when you look at the rest of their game, Pacioretty more than makes up for any point producing deficiencies you think exist. Pacioretty is not just top 6 size, he is also a first line point producer. As I stated, the slight advantage that Eberle may hold over Pacioretty in point production is covered by the overall play and physicality Pacioretty brings to the table.
One thing a lot of people also do not realize about Pacioretty: he never had a sophomore slump. He has seen his point production increase every single season he has played in the NHL. He is only 2 years older than Eberle and is still getting better (as will Eberle). We need what Pacioretty brings far more than what Eberle brings.
Again I disagree I think the difference in points is important because pacioretty is not that physical it has been discussed before that he's not really a power forward at all

Old
04-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Just a little extra. Pacioretty is on pace for 74 points in 82 games. Eberle is on pace for 62 points in 82 games. So they are almost exactly the opposite to what they were last season. I know that Eberle is 2 years younger, but I prefer the always improving power forward with size and offensive ability to the skilled guy who isn't that physical and has not shown consistent improvement every season.

Old
04-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Again I disagree I think the difference in points is important because pacioretty is not that physical it has been discussed before that he's not really a power forward at all
The "not that physical" Pacioretty has 57 hits in 43 games this season compared to Eberle's 29 in 47 games. Heck, Pacioretty's worst season for hitting was 44 in 34 games, one hit less than Eberle's best season of 45 hits in 78 games.

As I said, Pacioretty brings a lot more to the table than just point production. He is no slouch in that area either since he is scoring more than the elite first line Eberle...

Old
04-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The "not that physical" Pacioretty has 57 hits in 43 games this season compared to Eberle's 29 in 47 games. Heck, Pacioretty's worst season for hitting was 44 in 34 games, one hit less than Eberle's best season of 45 hits in 78 games.

As I said, Pacioretty brings a lot more to the table than just point production. He is no slouch in that area either since he is scoring more than the elite first line Eberle...
Yes cause I clearly said eberle hit more then pacioretty Jesus man bring it down a notch kk? And talk to me is 5-6 years of who's more valuable