HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I see where Ranger Suspect Prucha is now scoring against NHL comp!

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2005, 10:30 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
I see where Ranger Suspect Prucha is now scoring against NHL comp!

As reported by the Great Rodent, Prucha scored against Canada in a warm game to the big tourny. Not really, this is one player I am really excited to see with us.

He also said that Prucha's Czech GM was singing a different tune regarding Prucha's return next year. Seems it is all about a transfer fee and how much he wants vs how much Slats is willing to pay in absence of an agreement with the Intl set.

Old
04-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Levitate

isn't that somewhat contrary to what rodent was insisting on before? how Prucha's GM would never pull a transfer fee deal without the IIHF agreement in place because it would piss off all the other GM's?

or maybe it was just that he wouldn't do a deal unless it was very much in his favor so it wouldn't piss everyone off...i'm too lazy to look back through the threads to check

Old
04-29-2005, 11:53 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

As in all things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
isn't that somewhat contrary to what rodent was insisting on before? how Prucha's GM would never pull a transfer fee deal without the IIHF agreement in place because it would piss off all the other GM's?

or maybe it was just that he wouldn't do a deal unless it was very much in his favor so it wouldn't piss everyone off...i'm too lazy to look back through the threads to check
money talks and no one walks away unhappy.

Old
04-29-2005, 05:26 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate

things change...

first remember that those original comments were made as they were winning the league title everything is happy and wonderful at that point...back in 94 after the rangers won, keenan wasn't going anywhere, the rumors were bs, keenan and smith loved working together, etc then less than a month later he was introduced by st louis.

also it is VERY likely that he made those comments hoping to send a message to the rangers that if they want him it is going to cost BIG time...so who knows maybe the thing that change is the rangers started showing interest and now he is creeping the door open slightly in hopes of getting a big payout from the rangers.

of course this all might not matter anyway because unlike lundqvist who said he is willing to play in hartford, it is probably unlikely that prucha is coming over to play in the ahl (unless he is worried about getting buried on the 4th line again next year). so for him to come over that means the lockout is over, and after the lockout ends a new iihf deal is likely to follow and that would put transfer rules back into place.

Old
04-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Choice

Prucha definetly belongs in Hartford next year. With the lockout likely to continue and NHLers on the czech rosters, I want to see what Petr can do getting top line minutes which he probably wouldn't get there. Plus I would be interested to see how he adjusts to the North American game, since the knock is that he's too small and not physical enough.

Old
04-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
Prucha definetly belongs in Hartford next year. With the lockout likely to continue and NHLers on the czech rosters, I want to see what Petr can do getting top line minutes which he probably wouldn't get there. Plus I would be interested to see how he adjusts to the North American game, since the knock is that he's too small and not physical enough.
he'd probably have a similar season as Balej did...as long as the Pack continue to play defense first.

Old
04-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
he'd probably have a similar season as Balej did...as long as the Pack continue to play defense first.
if thats what McGill and the rest of the staff deem necessary in order to win, than thats how he should play. Plus Balej's an ahl vet., he knows what the game there is all about.

Old
04-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
if thats what McGill and the rest of the staff deem necessary in order to win, than thats how he should play. Plus Balej's an ahl vet., he knows what the game there is all about.
never said i was complaining. All im saying is, dont expect Prucha, or any offensive player, to put up big time numbers in Hartford.

Closed Thread