What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Coyotes this Season?.........
I like to visit this Forum from time-to-time just to check up on what the Yotes' fans think and have to say about their favorite NHL team...............What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Coyotes this Season?.........
I'd hate to even see how I did on my predictions last year.
1) Brian Savage will have a career year and lead the team in points.
2) Chris Gratton will become a reliable two-way centerman and put up 20 goals and 30 assists.
3) Krys Kolanos will make a fantastic comeback and put up 20 goals and 20 assists
4) Ladislav Nagy will break the 30 goal barrier.
5) Shane Doan will become a 30 goal - 30 assist man
6) Mike Johnson will not be able to duplicate the stats of last season and will put up 20 goals and 20 assists.
7) Ossi Vannanen will crack 25 points.
8) Phoenix will make a trade for a legitimate enforcer (Geroge Laraque most likely candidate)
9) Bob Francis will be fired by seasons end. Pat Conacher will be named as new head coach (or some friend of Gretzky)
10) Brad Ference will be suspended at least twice this season
1. The Coyotes surprise with a spirited team game and challenge for a playoff spot but fall 1 point short.
2. Nagy and Mara make the all star game
3. The Falcons make it to the AHL final four.
4. Zac Bierk is picked in the expansion draft
5. Taffe leads the falcons in scoring
6. Jaspers is traded for a late round pick - bringing back memories of the trade that saw Kris Draper go to Detroit for $1
7. None of the enigmatic pick ups - Cleary, Gratton, or Wilson - do anything to change the under achieving tag that has followed their repective careers. Though Gratton in particular plays an admirable role on the 4 line coyotes.
8. We finish in the top 10 in PK
9 We finish middle of the pack in PP
10. A collective bargaining agreement is reached before the end of the season thus avoiding a messy shut down next year.
1) The Phoenix Coyotes make the playoffs.
2) Sean Burke plays 45-50 games and remains healthy.
2) The team offense will be solid by scoring 240+ goals for the season.
3) Ladislav Nagy scores 30+ goals.
4) The Coyotes will have 5 other players score at least 20+ goals ... Brian Savage being one of them.
5) Paul Mara and David Tanabe have their best offensive year to date.
6) Team defense will be improved.
7) Both special teams will be improved.
8) Coach Francis will be nominated for the Jack Adams Trophy again.
9) Sean Burke and Brian Savage will ge traded at the deadline.
10) Brian Boucher will finish the season as the Coyotes' starting goalie.
11) Dan Cleary forces his way into the starting line-up on a regular basis.