HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Det - Ott

Old
05-25-2013, 10:20 AM
probertrules24

vCash: 500
Det - Ott

Tatar + Quincey + Jensen

Cowen + 3rd

Tatar - I think is Detroit's top prospect. He's NHL ready and was great on the 3rd line. Many fans were upset that he wasn't moved to top 6. Brings a ton of energy and speed.

Quincey - He was included to give Ottawa and NHL dman while Jensen develops. Quincey has turned his game around and isn't the liability he seemed to be earlier on.

Jensen - WCHA dman of the year. Some fans believe he is one of the more NHL ready prospects. Has great NHL skating already. Could use a year or so down to transition properly.

Cowen - A big bodied Dman who can play a tough game. Had some injury issues early on but shouldn't be an issue. Would love him to be a huge shutdown guy. Who is also willing to drop the gloves.

So what are the thoughts. Is it close. I know there is a Cowen to Edm top 4 thread but I didn't want this to get lost in all that. Detroit has a ton of prospects and I think we will need to start moving some of them soon. If this isn't close are their any other prospects we could switch with to make it more interesting.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 10:24 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

If I'm Ottawa I'm holding on to cowen. If I'm not mistaken, they have more and better prospects at forwards than defense so I makes sense to hold on to your second best dman. Besides, cowen's great

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 10:28 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Do not like Quincey at all..... and Jensen doesn't interest me.

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Zillaege

Ottawa is overloaded with depth, especially when it comes to prospects. What they lack is high end talent. Cowen is one of the players they're relying on taking a step forward to become a high end player, and this deal makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If the Sens make a deal this summer, it will be to package up some of their great young depth for a high end player.

Zillaege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

I think if Deroit were to trade Tatar for Defensive help it would have to be more for a package around either Yandle or Bogosian. I dont see Cowen doing a thing for us dont see him making us any better at the backend.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:01 AM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

I would start with the assumption that Ottawa learned its lesson about keeping young big D with nasty steaks with Chara, and will not let Cowen go. Of course any player will be dealt at the right price, but I can't see any team offering up what it would take to pry him loose.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
I think if Deroit were to trade Tatar for Defensive help it would have to be more for a package around either Yandle or Bogosian. I dont see Cowen doing a thing for us dont see him making us any better at the backend.
Yandle is not even close to the type of defenseman that Detroit needs.

As for Tatar, not sure I agree with the OP that he's Detroit's top prospect. (unless you're now counting Nyquist as graduated)

I think at the end of the day, Tatar is a better scorer than Nyquist, but Nyquist is the better overall player.

And most people still believe that Jarnkrok will be better than them both.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Would love nothing more than to try and pry Silf out of ottawa but that wont happen.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post

As for Tatar, not sure I agree with the OP that he's Detroit's top prospect. (unless you're now counting Nyquist as graduated)

I think at the end of the day, Tatar is a better scorer than Nyquist, but Nyquist is the better overall player.

Granted that Yandle is a puck moving Defenseman and we already have plenty of them would still love to have Bogosian or maybe even Byfuglien.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 12:03 PM
SpezDispenser

Despite how horrible Cowen was vs the Pens, he missed the entire season, so there's a ton of hope that he comes back full strength next season.

No deal.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Swap out Quincey with Nyquist and I'd do it

Ghost in the Shell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 12:23 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Count me as one Sens fan that has no interest in any of the DET pieces, let alone us adding a 3rd (and seriously, Quincey? LOL). Especially considering as how we are divisional opponents next season, and we know how beast Cowen is (PIT series aside, as was mentioned, he was hurt almost the whole year), and he is only getting better. Why would we, after taking a risk on him (a top 3 talent in his deep draft, only fell due to the knee injury) and having it pan out, deal him to a soon to be divisional opponent for nothing special?

No chance at all this happens. Cowen, Karlsson, Methot, and hopefully Ceci will form the basis of our D for years to come, honourable mention to guys like Wiercioch, Gryba, and Borowiecki. We need to package prospects for a young top line winger, not take one of our few high-end prospects and deal for more, we have a huge glut of them already.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Shell View Post
Swap out Quincey with Nyquist and I'd do it
And the Wings future would be down the tubes.

Old
05-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Why would we, after taking a risk on him (a top 3 talent in his deep draft, only fell due to the knee injury) and having it pan out, deal him to a soon to be divisional opponent for nothing special?
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post

Tatar + Quincey + Jensen

Old
05-25-2013, 12:31 PM
probertrules24

Quote:

I would consider Nyquist graduated. I believe this was his last year waiver exempt. I love what Nyqiust has shown but believe Tatar has a more rounded game. This is just my opinion. I believe because of this he will spend a little longer on the third line to give them scoring depth. I look at both prospects pretty equal in value. I don't really think either side would be wrong in saying the other is better.

I agree Yandle is not the Dman I would want. If we're giving up one of Nyquist or Tatar I want a guy who is or could be a good defensive dman. Not somebody who is purely offensive.

Old
05-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 145
Nope. That doesn't get Cowen.

Kezia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Quote:
And the Wings future would be down the tubes.
I was joking, if Detroit were to trade Nyquist they would have major management issues.

Ghost in the Shell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 12:36 PM
MAK19

I like Tatar quite a bit, but not for Cowen. No interest in the rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Would love nothing more than to try and pry Silf out of ottawa but that wont happen.
Try. Seriously. Ears are open for offers

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 12:36 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
I've watched Tatar in action, and that kid can play. He is amazing! He has the heart and energy of Helm, but has much higher hockey IQ and skill. He is an elite 3rd liner or a very good 2nd liner with speed and energy.. someone not afraid to go to the dirty areas and has really good hands. He is a goal scorer with heart. I would use Zach Parise as a comparison.

As for Jensen, I never got to see him play, but there seems to be a lot of favorable opinions about him everywhere. I think some say he is NHL ready right now... but I don't know.

Wings were really hard up for good defensemen to start the season, but I think with the progression of Ericsson and Kronwall proving they can handle big minutes, the amazing addition of Dekeyser (kid is a stud), and Smith has been showing flashes of brilliance, I think the Wings are less interested in trading the future away right now.

Not to mention the future seems bright with Sproul, Oulette, Marchenko and Jensen. A trade doesn't really make sense.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:05 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
I've watched Tatar in action, and that kid can play. He is amazing! He has the heart and energy of Helm, but has much higher hockey IQ and skill. He is an elite 3rd liner or a very good 2nd liner with speed and energy.. someone not afraid to go to the dirty areas and has really good hands. He is a goal scorer with heart. I would use Zach Parise as a comparison.

As for Jensen, I never got to see him play, but there seems to be a lot of favorable opinions about him everywhere. I think some say he is NHL ready right now... but I don't know.

Wings were really hard up for good defensemen to start the season, but I think with the progression of Ericsson and Kronwall proving they can handle big minutes, the amazing addition of Dekeyser (kid is a stud), and Smith has been showing flashes of brilliance, I think the Wings are less interested in trading the future away right now.

Not to mention the future seems bright with Sproul, Oulette, Marchenko and Jensen. A trade doesn't really make sense.
It is quit amazing how Detroit went from being very weak at defensive depth just a couple years ago and then after one draft it became one of our strongest positions. With that Detroit has stockpiled picks and prospects and I could see us having to start moving some of them before we lose them.

It's hard to say how these guys are going to turn out but a bunch of them look like they will be NHL players. To what level thats hard to say.

I also agree with your Tatar and Parise comparisson. Obviously they are not at the same level but Tatar does play the game with them same style.

Old
05-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Shell View Post
I was joking, if Detroit were to trade Nyquist they would have major management issues.
I could accept Detroit trading him... But only as a package for a top line defensive defender or an elite power forward.

So yeah... The list is pretty small.

Old
05-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

The Wings' system is bloated with excellent defense prospects, and Tatar is looking to be a very good scorer at the NHL level.

No thanks.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Granted that Yandle is a puck moving Defenseman and we already have plenty of them would still love to have Bogosian or maybe even Byfuglien.
I don't know what hockey you've been watching. Byfuglien is a POS on defense.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:28 PM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

I don't rule out a trade with the Wings because MacLean's system has borrowed much from Detroit's, which would make the transition easier for a player moving from one team to the other. My issue is that Cowen is not, and will not be, on the table. I would be more interested in discussions with players that could conceivably be on the move in the off season, like Wiercioch, Conacher, Greening. I could even see Silf or ZBad on the table if the return is a very high end piece that will help us make a deep playoff run.

Aside from a wicked good offer that includes a top 6 power forward or a 3/4 D, we probably stay the course, sign a couple of small pieces as stop gaps, and wait until the trade deadline to make a bigger move.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:59 PM
MoreGore

If this trade goes down, who does Ottawa waive to make room for the new players? Conacher and Condra?

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote