HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official crow eating thread: I am now a believer

Old
04-26-2013, 12:47 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

vCash: 500
Believer? I'm a Belieber :-)

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Believer? I'm a Belieber :-)
Admitting it is the first step toward getting the help you need.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Harnessed in Slums

As Ken & Mickey pointed out, we had our worst home record since the Dead Wings era. So let's not get carried away pretending this is some great team. If we keep the streak alive that's all you can really ask from this particular team.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
As Ken & Mickey pointed out, we had our worst home record since the Dead Wings era. So let's not get carried away pretending this is some great team. If we keep the streak alive that's all you can really ask from this particular team.
I don't think any of that matters. The Wings won 20+ games at home in a row last season and got belly smashed by Bubba in the 1st round.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Capsized
Parity is a Disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I don't think any of that matters. The Wings won 20+ games at home in a row last season and got belly smashed by Bubba in the 1st round.
This post is just awesome! I think there is a lot less distance between Chicago and Detroit than some here believe. This is a parity league after all.

Capsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Dosing

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:15 PM
SoupGuru

The "problem" is that the Wings are capable of competing against any team in the league if they play practically perfect hockey. It used to be that half your team could phone it in and you'd still win a decent number of those games. Not any more.

You gotta bring it every night.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:08 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

When your captain has 45 points and is a "minus player," you've got problems

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:15 PM
InjuredChoker

delete, nvm.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:33 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
4th in the entire league in assists.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
1st in man games lost in a massive transition year will do that.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:16 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
1st in man games lost in a massive transition year will do that.
That smells like BS.

Injuries are an excuse. The guys who've played instead of Bertuzzi and Sammy are actually an improvement.

Losing Helm hurts. But even then... I think Andersson is better center for Tatar (earlier) and Nyquist (now).

Joakim Andersson is +2 in 37 games
Darren Helm was +5 in 68 games last year.

While Andersson isn't a disruptor like Helm, I really don't think the drop off has been that bad.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 05:59 PM
LeighDx13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
I think a lot fans will be pissed if Wings get bounced in the 2nd or 3rd round. That means the 2013 draft pick will be even worse. I want Holland to have good picks but I also want to watch more DRW hockey.

I can only imagine what people would be saying if that happened. I'm sure people would find ways to bash Babcock or Holland for making it so far in the Playoffs and be angry with them because we can't get a high draft pick. Probably exaggerating abit but it wouldn't shock me

LeighDx13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Goalie guy

Me too! I am happy to say they have been proving me wrong! keep it up boys!!!

Goalie guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:07 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
4th in the entire league in assists.
Not to mention he's shooting 5%.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Make it to the conference finals and bench Cleary. Then I'll eat crow.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
That smells like BS.

Injuries are an excuse. The guys who've played instead of Bertuzzi and Sammy are actually an improvement.

Losing Helm hurts. But even then... I think Andersson is better center for Tatar (earlier) and Nyquist (now).

Joakim Andersson is +2 in 37 games
Darren Helm was +5 in 68 games last year.

While Andersson isn't a disruptor like Helm, I really don't think the drop off has been that bad.
Yes, every explanation is an excuse. If people really can't see how much turnover, uncertainty and how many new faces had to be slotted into the lineup that caused a lack of cohesiveness and not knowing where everyone is supposed to be, I don't know what to tell you. Usually there's a training camp, this year there was a 7 day informal skate around to say hi to your teammates before game 1 of the regular season.

And not seeing that the players hurt would have made a difference I don't know what to tell you. Nyquist has been good but in an 82 game season he's on pace for 16 points. Tatar is on pace for 21 pts. Does that mean they aren't better options that Bert and Samuelsson? No. But given the fact that Bert and Samuelsson would've been used differently (and no need to say it's stupid to not play Nyquist and Tatar in the top 6, I get it). They would've produced more.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:50 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Not to mention he's shooting 5%.
Fine, but his a PPG player right now and is in the top 5 in assists in the entire league. Also is tied for the league lead in PP assists. He has basically reversed roles from back when he was the finisher when paired with Datsyuk being the primary assist guy. That is their choice and where the team is at and each guys role is playing right now. They have the same PPG clip and both have carried the team at different stretches.

Datsyuk's shooting percentage would dip a decent amount if half his rippers off the glass were actually on goal, either that or he would be around the 25 to 30 goal mark and we would have home ice and not be looking to assess blame. Neither of these guys is to blame they have both brought it at the same PPG level and have done their offensive duties. Datsyuk is better defensively, but plays the high man in the offensive zone and has more of an impact on that, a lot of what you see is how there guys are playing the game. Zetterberg is a setup man that is playing low in the zone, it shows in his numbers across the board and in his play when you watch him.

His shot has gotten progressively worse though and that is a concern. Of course if he is becoming a 60+ assist guy do we really care?

It is amazing how different we look when we can keep them together and the second line shows life. Filppula and Franzen heating up is allowing us to look much more dangerous. Glad to see Filppula show up hopefully he does the rest of the season and post-season if we make it. Filppula is the counted on gun that has really led us to our problems in my opinion, we needed so much more from him this season.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 04-26-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old
04-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

What?

Is someone actually trying to compare Andersson and Helm!?

Andersson is a mediocre 4th line center at best. Helm is a speedy and energetic top notch 3rd line center. He may not be an much of an offensive producer yet. But really? And this team would be better with Bert. Other than Tatar(not playing) and Nyquist, who is better than Bert that is playing in his place? A healthy Bert is still a good 2nd line player.

Old
04-26-2013, 07:00 PM
TatarTangle

Helm...I fear Helm will never regain the speed he had

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:10 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Fine, but his a PPG player right now and is in the top 5 in assists in the entire league. Also is tied for the league lead in PP assists. He has basically reversed roles from back when he was the finisher when paired with Datsyuk being the primary assist guy. That is their choice and where the team is at and each guys role is playing right now. They have the same PPG clip and both have carried the team at different stretches.

Datsyuk's shooting percentage would dip a decent amount if half his rippers off the glass were actually on goal, either that or he would be around the 25 to 30 goal mark and we would have home ice and not be looking to assess blame. Neither of these guys is to blame they have both brought it at the same PPG level and have done their offensive duties. Datsyuk is better defensively, but plays the high man in the offensive zone and has more of an impact on that, a lot of what you see is how there guys are playing the game. Zetterberg is a setup man that is playing low in the zone, it shows in his numbers across the board and in his play when you watch him.

His shot has gotten progressively worse though and that is a concern. Of course if he is becoming a 60+ assist guy do we really care?

It is amazing how different we look when we can keep them together and the second line shows life. Filppula and Franzen heating up is allowing us to look much more dangerous. Glad to see Filppula show up hopefully he does the rest of the season and post-season if we make it. Filppula is the counted on gun that has really led us to our problems in my opinion, we needed so much more from him this season.
I actually meant it as a good thing. Being a PPG while shooting 5% isn't easy.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 07:15 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
Helm...I fear Helm will never regain the speed he had
Yeah he has been off a while, but he looked pretty darn fast in the one game playing with a tear in his back. Not sure it will knock his wheels away because of that.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Ah so you are predicting we'll beat Chicago if we face them in the first round. Cuz dontchya know the #8 seed Kings beat the first seed Nucks in the first round last year.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Yeah he has been off a while, but he looked pretty darn fast in the one game playing with a tear in his back. Not sure it will knock his wheels away because of that.
I think Helm will be fine come next year after rehab and rest. I'm not that worried. He's had a lot of rest. It's pretty obvious that the Wings didn't want to rush him back.

Old
04-26-2013, 09:06 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
I think Helm will be fine come next year after rehab and rest. I'm not that worried. He's had a lot of rest. It's pretty obvious that the Wings didn't want to rush him back.
Yeah wondering how serious they are on that shutdown should they actually start to show promise in the playoffs if they make it.