HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

MLX Skate Blades

Old
04-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
MLX Skate Blades

I have a pair of MLX skates, got them when they were 50% off on release. I broke the skate blade to them and I tried calling all the local shops around me. I got to calling Easton because I know they bought MLX out. Well Easton is telling me they have no inventory left and their Mako blades have different blades. Anybody know where I can get a pair of blades for these or am I stuck with a very expensive pair of boots?

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Check out Step Steel, and if they don't have anything, you could probably get a pair of different holders attached to them for under $100.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 11:10 AM
McDugan

Weren't they putting TUUK's on the MLX at that point?

Never mind, just reminded myself of the history. I think very early on, they were shipping boots only and people were putting TUUK's on them, before their holders were ready.

Last edited by McDugan: 04-24-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: I'm dumb.
McDugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 12:44 PM
jsykes

Yup, that is the danger in buying these small company products and hoping they'll be around to support them.

I think you're probably screwed as the company isnt producing anything any longer and Easton changed the holder. Likely, you're only option is putting a pair of different holders on them.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Frankie Spankie

Called quite a few more places today and no luck. I'm getting the holders replaced. A little pricey at $125 but that price also includes a radius on the blades. I've heard great things about this place and he was nice enough to stay late when I called being stuck in traffic. Figured I'll pay a little extra to give him the business.

Going with a Bauer holder and blade so hopefully those don't get discontinued any time soon...

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote