HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers/Prospects In the WC

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
According to this link http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=19785&a=381565, Lundqvist will be playing today....I cant really confirm it since I cant understand it but that is what a Sweden poster said.
Look he's become such a Lundqvist fan he's actually learnt to read svenska.

(apologies to Swedish-speakers).

Old
05-03-2005, 01:36 AM
dukesnider

Quote:
Hmm Stals didnt play and hes not even listed on the Latvia roster...did he get cut?
Stals was cut.

Old
05-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesnider
Stals was cut.
Ouch. He needs to get involved with a power-skating regime in the offseason.

Old
05-03-2005, 05:16 PM
bmoak

Ouch. The Checkers could sure use Stals.

Old
05-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Ola

I saw the Czech Rep. vs Germany last night. Prucha played LW with Vasicek-Hemsky. Prucha had one brilliant oppertunity. A wraparound attempt by Vasicek that failed, the puck went cross ice and Prucha stormed in and put a slapper on the net that hit the diving german goaltender.

Jagr was injured(broken left pinkie) in this game and Prucha got some ice time on the 1st line. Not much other then that to report from this game. Games where one team is so much more talented then the other are special. The germans tactics where to have 4 players between the puck and their own net all the time.

Old
05-04-2005, 03:42 PM
FLYLine24*

Sweden beats Finland 5-1, Lundqvist stopped 25 of 26 shots (96.2 save %). I saw the final 25 minutes and he was very solid in net, didnt have to make any "highlight" saves because he was always in the right position. Sweden will play either Canada or the U.S. next game depending on the outcome of the US vs Canada game tomorrow.

Old
05-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Sweden beats Finland 5-1, Lundqvist stopped 25 of 26 shots (96.2 save %). I saw the final 25 minutes and he was very solid in net, didnt have to make any "highlight" saves because he was always in the right position. Sweden will play either Canada or the U.S. next game depending on the outcome of the US vs Canada game tomorrow.
The goal he let in was a softie. After that he was solid and did few great saves.

Old
05-04-2005, 06:24 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
The goal he let in was a softie. After that he was solid and did few great saves.

Was it deflected on the way in?? I havnt seen it yet....I think it was the first shot he gave up then was solid.

Old
05-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Levitate

some people were saying it was deflected, some didn't think so...my impression from the thread was that the general consensus was that it was deflected, but what do i know

Old
05-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Was it deflected on the way in??
No, it went straight in. Saw the replay yet again few minutes ago.

Old
05-06-2005, 11:47 AM
gopher

Send a message via ICQ to gopher
thomas pock (1.line center) played a good game against germany, especially in the third period when he showd some tremendous moves (2 great plays), very impressive!!!

Old
05-06-2005, 11:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher
thomas pock (1.line center) played a good game against germany, especially in the third period when he showd some tremendous moves (2 great plays), very impressive!!!
Pock's playing center?

Old
05-06-2005, 11:58 AM
gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Pock's playing center?
yes, i know it sounds strange but because of the injuries our coach - and his father - has thought that this might be a good idea.

i haven`t seen pock for a while and was very surprised by his play. after the first period and some adjustment he stepped up his game by a far margin, he almoust beat the german goalie by an unbelievable one-hand-wristshot (would have been the gwg), i`ve never seen anything like that before.

overall a good physical play.

bdw: austria rallied from a two-goal-deficit to a fair 2:2 tie.

Last edited by gopher: 05-06-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old
05-06-2005, 12:23 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:

Wow 1st line center..when I heard he was going to be playing up front I assumed 3rd line, looks like he took on the challenge and didn't back down or disappoint. Good to have a player like this is the organization that can play Defense and forward when needed.

Old
05-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
yes, i know it sounds strange but because of the injuries our coach - and his father - has thought that this might be a good idea.

i haven`t seen pock for a while and was very surprised by his play. after the first period and some adjustment he stepped up his game by a far margin, he almoust beat the german goalie by an unbelievable one-hand-wristshot (would have been the gwg), i`ve never seen anything like that before.

overall a good physical play.

bdw: austria rallied from two-goal-deficit to a fair 2:2 tie.

Thanks for the update Gopher

Pock is an interesting prospect to say the least.

Old
05-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Jackson Ranger

Didn't Pock play forward in college before moving to "D"?

Old
05-06-2005, 12:51 PM
gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
Didn't Pock play forward in college before moving to "D"?
yes, he changed position before his junior-year.

Old
05-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Levitate

yeah he played a year or two at forward before moving to D for 2 year or something

all that said, he's probably more valuable to the rangers as a D and needs to learn the position better

Old
05-06-2005, 01:11 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
No, it went straight in. Saw the replay yet again few minutes ago.
wrong lundqvist said it was deflected.

Old
05-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by SectionX
wrong lundqvist said it was deflected.
Well, what do you expect for him to say?

I have seen the replay few times now. It went directly in. He didn't see it much though since there were many players between him and the puck when Niemi shot the puck. It was a small miracle the puck actually made it past them.

Old
05-06-2005, 11:14 PM
BigE

I saw the replay a few times myself. Judging by Lundqvist's reaction it was a tip, the Swede on the right hand side of play just knicked it. All it takes is a small touch to send the puck slightly off course. Watch the direction of Lundqvist's gloves and chest (the direction in which he's anticipating the puck) and then watch his head as the puck ducks away right infront of him.

Lets see how he fairs against Canada.

Old
05-07-2005, 03:47 PM
FLYLine24*

Upset of the tournament! Sweden beats Canada 5-4!

Lundqvist made some big saves in the game, the first goal was the only one that he should have had, 2 of the 3 other were impossible for him to save (Cross ice passes to an open man for an easy open net goal), the other goal his defense was nowhere to be found and the Canadian player knocked in the rebound after a save from Lundqvist. He stopped 27 of 31 shots. By far the best game of the tournament. 2 of the goals Sweden scored came right after Lundqvist made a huge save, so thats always good.

Lundqvist

Edit- Here are some comments from highly respected HF writer Predatore:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore
no goaltender is happy when allowing 4 goals, but he made a few big saves too so..
He was screened during the first goal.. and it did not even look as he reacted when Thornton released his backhand.

Looking at the other 3 goals he allowed, he had more or less no chance. Lundqvist looked better than usual with his stick (his only weakness more or less) and he did not allow many dangerous rebounds compared to Brodeur.

Old
05-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
I saw the replay a few times myself. Judging by Lundqvist's reaction it was a tip, the Swede on the right hand side of play just knicked it. All it takes is a small touch to send the puck slightly off course. Watch the direction of Lundqvist's gloves and chest (the direction in which he's anticipating the puck) and then watch his head as the puck ducks away right infront of him.

Lets see how he fairs against Canada.
Somehow, it seems he overcame letting in that goal...

Old
05-07-2005, 06:54 PM
BigE

He made some fine stops and watching the Swedes play it gives you the impression that he really inspires his club. The only problem I had with the first goal was that his stick wasn't on the ice. When you're screened and you've committed yourself to the ice, your stick has to be on the ice. You've also got to fight to see that puck. He seemed to get better after that though.

Canada looked awful in this game but I'd rather see them lose and bear down on the things they need to work on. This loss can only be a motivational factor for them.

Old
05-08-2005, 03:25 PM
FLYLine24*

Well Lundqvist had an off night today, gave up 5 goals, breakdown of the goals:

1) Floating shot going toward the net, Lundqvist was moving to his left to stop it then his teammate tried to glove it, went off the defensman, changed direction to the center of the net where Knuble popped in the easy goal.

2) Breakaway goal, guy made a nice deke on Lundqvist... similar to Bure's deke.

3) Breakawy goal, Cole roofed it top corner on him

4) Should have saved, Modano shot it 5-hole on him.

5) Should have saved, Gionta broke in on the left of Lundqvist and took a quick shot.

Everyone has a bad day, whats important is how he bouncing back next game. The entire Sweden team was just off today, Rangers defense would have looked better then Swedens today.

Closed Thread