HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kevin Bieksa

Old
05-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Not every year Bieksa scores 40 points.

Look at what Brent Burns, a younger, superior player, coming off an all star season got. Devin Setoguchi (top 6 winger with attitude problems), Charlie Coyle (top prospect), late 1st (28th; Zack Philips), and a 2nd came back with Burns.

This has nothing to do with his bad play on the overtime goal, I understand that one mistake does not a player make, I wanted to post here earlier but never responded to it. However, Bieksa is not particularly good defensively. He's very physical, but he's below average in his own end for a top pairing defender.

I can't think of any real 70 point forwards that would be available for trade, and that Mike Gillis wouldn't trade Bieksa for. (unless they are old like MSL)

I get that he's good, and very likeable, and plays a playoff type game, but he won't get that kind of return. No GM in their right mind would trade Jonathan Huberdeau for Kevin Bieksa, sorry.
He can be good defensively.

His issue is intensity, sometimes he becomes Casual Kev (As we call him) And you would think his defensive IQ is worse than Cam Barkers, but there are other times where he is very strong defensively.

Unfortunatly the former is usually the case not the latter. He has been far too Casual, I have always been of the opinion it is something I would look at and now with Garrison, Tanev and Corrado on the right side I would definetly do it if we could get a good return.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Cant believe how inflated Bieksa's value is... Did someone really just offer Huberdeau?
Pretty sure that wasn't a Florida fan...

He's our only top 6 dman that has any real grit to him, it would be a mistake to trade him, Bob Loblaw, there's my token addition.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
He can be good defensively.

His issue is intensity, sometimes he becomes Casual Kev (As we call him) And you would think his defensive IQ is worse than Cam Barkers, but there are other times where he is very strong defensively.

Unfortunatly the former is usually the case not the latter. He has been far too Casual, I have always been of the opinion it is something I would look at and now with Garrison, Tanev and Corrado on the right side I would definetly do it if we could get a good return.
I know it's only 1 play and I still like Bieksa, but that 2 on 1 where Torres scored... The only way he could have played that worse was if he took out Luongo, or just stopped and skated off.

I'd say Bieksa could garner a late mid to late 1st.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:15 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesome View Post
This offer had my head turned and full attention.
Cool. Juice is just what this team
Needs.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 12:41 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I know it's only 1 play and I still like Bieksa, but that 2 on 1 where Torres scored... The only way he could have played that worse was if he took out Luongo, or just stopped and skated off.

Huge exaggeration.

It was a perfect pass.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

I know I agree, believe me I ripped him hard when talking about the game with friends afterward.

Like what a dumbass, didn't take the shooter or the passer. What was he trying to accomplish.

Sometimes he's a beast, sometimes you think he left his brain at home.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 07:57 PM
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen

I like Bieksa and right handed top 4 d man with an edge is hard to get and he's our only legit top 4 righty, it would take a lot to get him or we add to bring in a top pairing right hand guy.

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 10:34 PM
ginovegas

Gorges, Desharnais and Moen

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:43 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Gorges, Desharnais and Moen
Too much garbage. Gorges + Calgary's 2nd

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:08 AM
DanrikCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
I would trade a dorito straight up for Bieksa. A bag of pucks is overpayment.
A dorito is probably fair value. He's got an awesome personality which slightly offsets his complete lack of hockey sense.

DanrikCarter is offline   Reply With Quote