Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
So, what would be a successful series for you guys? This is assuming that we lose the series because obviously winning in any fashion would be a success. However, would losing in 4, 5, 6, or 7 do anything for you?

I'd say that if they are in most of the games, I will be satisfied. However, if they get swept and are out of every game, then I'd say it hard to declare this season a success.
A playoff worthy effort, whether they get swept or make it a 7 game series.

Old
04-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Nobody else gets any concussions or knee injuries.

Oh, successful = winning several games and keep the Hawks from scoring. I realize Wild might be lucky to score a goal per game but I don't want to see more than two goals against per game.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
So, what would be a successful series for you guys? This is assuming that we lose the series because obviously winning in any fashion would be a success. However, would losing in 4, 5, 6, or 7 do anything for you?

I'd say that if they are in most of the games, I will be satisfied. However, if they get swept and are out of every game, then I'd say it hard to declare this season a success.
Minimum 6 games if we lose. Less if we win.

Old
04-30-2013, 05:06 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

From Russo's Chat

Quote:
Comment From Jacques
Regarding Koivu's "leadership" and being a "winner." Being a surly jerk after losses doesn't make you "focused" or a "leader." Neither does forcing out a coach, not getting along with teammates that are different, taking bad penalties, losing key faceoffs in a must win game in Colorado or not stepping up with timely goals/points down the stretch. This is the first time the team has made playoffs with Koivu wearing the "C." And barely.

Michael Russo: 1) You don't know the guy. 2) What's it make you for not having the guts to use your real name when scorching a guy. 3) Regarding the forcing out a coach, ... get a clue Jacques
Quote:
Michael Russo: Seto has one year left on his deal, so my guess says yes. Not sure the Wild is at a point where it can afford to trade guys that can put the puck in the net. Obviously it depends on what you can get though. As for Clutter, Group II free agent, team has cap issues, he hasn't had a good year as you mentioned, ... I can see a trade
Quote:
Comment From Greg
Is Suter still dealing with the injury he had a couple weeks ago?
3:23

Michael Russo: Says he's much better and after games what was wrapped isn't anymore, so I think he's improved
Quote:
Comment From Zach
In 2003, Willie Mitchell had a huge presence in the playoffs. If the Wild are going to win or make it close, the player that needs to take his game to the playoff level is __________ ?
3:27

Michael Russo: If you want to go with a similar game, build, etc, I'd go with Stoner. Wild need him to step up, be physical, be smart with the puck. Just a quick answer though
Quote:
Comment From Jeremy
Great article on Koivu. Why do you think his position and respect he has in the locker room is so misunderstood by Wild fans?
3:44

Michael Russo: Probably because of what Jacques said. Publicly, he can be too intense for the liking of many (me sometimes) and because the team hasn't made the playoffs in the 3 years he's been captain. But last I looked, 18 skaters and 1 goalie take the ice every night. This ain't the NBA where 1 ... or 3 ... stars can change a team

Quote:
Comment From Guest
Who is your pick for Calder trophy?
3:45

Michael Russo: Brodin...Picked Suter for Norris too
Quote:
Comment From Ben
Based on what you've heard around the league, what are the chances Suter and/or Brodin see post-season recognition?
3:54

Michael Russo: Good...at least finalists
Quote:
Comment From Mike
Is Brodin helped by the fact that there is no standout forward in the Calder race?
4:00

Michael Russo: I think he's helped by the fact he plays 24 minutes a night against the other team's best players nightly

Old
04-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Haite
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
From Russo's Chat

Quote:
Comment From Guest
Who is your pick for Calder trophy?
3:45

Michael Russo: Brodin...Picked Suter for Norris too
Homer picks

Old
04-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Look what my eye spied outside the rink. I think it's new? #mnwild
http://twitter.com/RadioFalness/stat...50973023723521

Old
04-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

I dont get why they take these pictures in the red jerseys when they're gonna wear green at home.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

Dammit, GDT was closed before I could cuss.

****ing hell. I'm going to bed.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:25 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 772
Hoping there is a PGT.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Haite
x

I'm sad now.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Sportsfan1

Felt like if the Wild were going to take a game that had to be it, darnit.

Old
04-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Persian Wild
Persia 4 Parise

Maaaan, great game. So this is the playoffs! Proud of this team!

Go Wild!

Old
04-30-2013, 11:27 PM
killcrypt

Bring on Game 2!

Old
05-01-2013, 12:08 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Still raging hardcore. Hoping the team is as optimistic as you guys are, but I'm just stuck thinking about how there are no loser points in the playoffs.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:26 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Still raging hardcore. Hoping the team is as optimistic as you guys are, but I'm just stuck thinking about how there are no loser points in the playoffs.
It's a 7 game series. Losing game one does not mean losing the series. The Wild need only ONE win in Chicago out of the first two to get the series edge.

The Wild didn't get that one win until the 2nd game vs Colorado in 2003. This is JUST THE BEGINNING! I think the Wild showed they have a formula that can work and they have a foundation of play to build on and adapt to come back better next game.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:34 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

It's just that we aren't going to win the series unless we're the team that can steal games...and Chicago definitely stole that one from us.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:36 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
It's just that we aren't going to win the series unless we're the team that can steal games...and Chicago definitely stole that one from us.
I don't think Chicago stole that game... we ALMOST stole it from them. A game so evenly played, when it's 8 vs 1, the 1 is the assumed team to come out on top, they just held serve.

Had the Wild outplayed them and they won... sure, then they had stolen it. Not in this case though.

They can try again on Friday.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

The Hawks weakness is the lack of physicality. If we can exploit it we can blow the series open. Unfortunately the Wild suffer from the same weakness from time to time. Saad, Hossa, and a few others should be targeted for big hits along the boards IMO. We'll see how the series goes, but I do not see Chicago matching up well with teams like St. Louis or LA in a 7 game series because they can intimidate them.

Old
05-01-2013, 12:53 AM
TwInS1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I don't think Chicago stole that game... we ALMOST stole it from them. A game so evenly played, when it's 8 vs 1, the 1 is the assumed team to come out on top, they just held serve.

Had the Wild outplayed them and they won... sure, then they had stolen it. Not in this case though.

They can try again on Friday.

Perfectly stated.

Best case scenario was realistically 1-1 coming back home. We showed them we are here to play and that we can play with them. Let's even the series up heading home.

Old
05-01-2013, 02:42 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
A playoff worthy effort, whether they get swept or make it a 7 game series.
Agreed. What they show out there matters more than the result, because I honestly don't expect us to win this series.

Old
05-01-2013, 03:55 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 772
Quote:
It's a 7 game series. Losing game one does not mean losing the series. The Wild need only ONE win in Chicago out of the first two to get the series edge.

The Wild didn't get that one win until the 2nd game vs Colorado in 2003. This is JUST THE BEGINNING! I think the Wild showed they have a formula that can work and they have a foundation of play to build on and adapt to come back better next game.
They got the win in Game 1. Score was 4-2 in favor of Minny. Avs went on to win 3 straight.

Old
05-01-2013, 04:23 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
They got the win in Game 1. Score was 4-2 in favor of Minny. Avs went on to win 3 straight.
Ok, must've had it reversed... the game 2 win must've been vs the Nucks.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

Quote:

Yeah you must be thinking the series against the Nucks.

Now that I've had a little bit of sleep, here are a few thoughts on tonights game:

1. The Hawks aren't going to steam-roll us unless we let them. We played against them as good defensively as anyone else has all season. We contained them pretty well in our zone, and we were frustrating them quite a bit in the neutral zone. Hopefully this part of the play keeps up.

2. Crawford is vulnerable. We just need to get more pucks on goal against him, particularly such that they do not hit him square in the chest.

3. We need some zone time, dammit. Aside from the 4th line, not one other line had any really meaningful time in the zone outside of a couple stints that were only a couple seconds long. The first line can not get into a corner and do their usual thing against Chicagos line, so we need them to get creative and play with a style that opens up more of the zone and avoids the corner a bit more. This goes for every other line as well, except the 4th. What the 4th needs to do is stop ending its zone time with a shot into the Hawks logo on Crawfords chest.

4. Harding. Oh my god he played amazing. If he can play like that the rest of the series, we might have a realistic shot at stealing this one.

Other than that, not really much else to say. I hope the people who ended up with some kind of injury tonight rest and heal up for the game on friday. This is the longest rest we're likely to get for the rest of this series, and we are already pretty banged up.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:34 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

Well that just shows how awake I am right now. Did not even see the post game thread.

Old
05-01-2013, 06:43 AM
TZM
Par too easy

Otherwise it was great effort but there was way too much dumping and chasing again. I get it that you need to play physical and force the Hawks do the mistakes but it's just stupid to battle for every single opportunity when you could play with a few passes for the open spot.

More confidence with the puck, I'd say.

Closed Thread