HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Training Camp

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Lindell is done.
Agreed.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:38 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Tyler Bray went undrafted...worth a camp invite?

Old
04-27-2013, 07:42 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Tyler Bray went undrafted...worth a camp invite?
Why not? I don't neceswarily mean him in general but invite anyone you wanna look at, thats what it's for. Don't cost anything.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
Why not grab Chase Thomas?
Probably because our new kicker did more bench presses at the combine than Thomas did.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/0...can-pump-iron/

Old
04-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Takeo

I wonder if Dustin's gold cleats are street legal in the NFL? He painted them before every game.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Why not? I don't neceswarily mean him in general but invite anyone you wanna look at, thats what it's for. Don't cost anything.
Well you still have to pay them. I mean I guess they can have a tryout, but I imagine he's going to require an UDFA contract in order to get him to camp.

Buffalobills.com is reporting that the Bills have grabbed QB Jeff Tuel and WR Da'Rick Rogers so far. I like the Da'Rick Rogers pick up, but that means 3 rookies with off the field issues in Rogers, Williams and Alonzo.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Layne Staley

Da ' Rick Rodgers

Love the pickup. I think he can make the team. More excited about him then Goodwin.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Takeo

I just listened to the scout pressers on the safeties. It sounds like Williams is a SS with the ability to player nickel corner if needed. Also the token special teams ace. Meeks played FS at Clemson but will be interchangeable with SS in the Bills' scheme. They said he wasn't a numbers guy at Clemson because their SS couldn't run, so he would have to line up 15 yards from scrimmage and wasn't near the play very often. Which makes sense because he is totally overlooked in the scouting reports. Also a co-captain.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Da ' Rick Rodgers

Love the pickup. I think he can make the team. More excited about him then Goodwin.
Nice. I was hoping for him in the later rounds. We needed a little more character concerns haha.

Also Jeff Tuel according to his twitter.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:38 PM
SoFFacet

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/201...-udfa-tracker/

Quote:
After making eight selections in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills are now busy at work attempting to sign the best undrafted free agents on the open market. As the Bills sign undrafted free agents, we will update them here.

Players Signed:

Jeff Tuel, QB, Washington State – Physically-gifted quarterback, but failed to hold the starting quarterback job through his senior season at Washington State.

Drew Smith, RB, Albany – 6’1″, 225-pound power back who ran for 18 touchdowns in his senior season.

Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech – Projected to be a mid-round draft pick, likely fell due to character concerns but has huge upside as a big, physical and athletic wideout who can go up and make plays on the football. Has a good shot at making the Bills’ final roster as an outside playmaker given his size, strength and quickness in space.

Brandon Kaufman, WR, Eastern Washington - Very tall wideout who led the FCS in receiving yards as a junior before declaring as an early entrant for the 2013 NFL Draft. Talented downfield receiver whose best value may come as a red-zone target if he is able to make the roster.

Ryan Turnley, C, Pittsburgh – Tall but slow center who could also provide depth at guard.

Keith Pough, OLB, Howard - Instinctive, athletic small-school linebacker with a chance to make the roster as inside/outside linebacker depth. Small but showed at Howard he can really play.

Jumal Rolle, CB, Catawba

Jordan Dangerfield, FS, Towson – Short but hard-hitting small-school safety.

Last updated: 4/27 8:48 p.m. ET

Old
04-27-2013, 08:40 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Taking a step back and looking at the entire draft I don't mind what the Bills did. They reached for Manuel but got some good scheme players and 4 potential starts (and a kicker). The only time I wished they would of traded up was for Allen in the 3rd.

I'm also hoping that with McKelvin resigned and 3 new WRs the Bills finally cut Brad Smith.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:14 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Lol Jets fans already bringing the comedy to the table. In this NFL group on Facebook I belong to some Jet fan said "The Jets are on the rise!!" #Truth

Really? They are about on par with the Bills as far as where the teams are. I would say that the Bills blew them out of the water. What toys does whoever become the QB have to play with? Oh yeah...Stephen Hill! Oh my, one guy. Yawn. Don't even have a RB.

LMAO this same fan just told me that Green Bay's better days are behind them. Did not know Aaron Rodgers died already. Jets fans are so ignorant and clueless.

Last edited by SFTC Addict: 04-27-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old
04-27-2013, 09:16 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Damn....Aaron Rodgers has a bro and Jacksonville signed him:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...FANZONE+%23NFL

Old
04-27-2013, 09:21 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Lol Jets fans already bringing the comedy to the table. In this NFL group on Facebook I belong to some Jet fan said "The Jets are on the rise!!" #Truth

Really? They are about on par with the Bills as far as where the teams are. I would say that the Bills blew them out of the water. What toys does whoever become the QB have to play with? Oh yeah...Stephen Hill! Oh my, one guy. Yawn. Don't even have a RB
Ivory is pretty good.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:24 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Ivory is pretty good.
He's got nothing on Spiller.

Jets lack a lot of talent. No WR threats. The Bills beat them there. They gave whoever will be the QB 4 decent options. The Jets have nobody to throw to. Holmes is a drama queen.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:31 PM
dma0034

Interesting they have signed any guards.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Takeo

God I hope they straighten Rogers out. Based on pure talent, he could be Anquan Boldin. I could actually see him starting on the outside from day 1. I'm surprised no one took a flyer on him. Granted, he is a maniac.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:42 PM
SoFFacet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Interesting they have signed any guards.
From Marrone's comments I'm gathering that not picking any OL was intentional. Marrone thinks he can coach the guys we already have there.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
From Marrone's comments I'm gathering that not picking any OL was intentional. Marrone thinks he can coach the guys we already have there.
Colin Brown was ahead of Rinehart on the depth chart last year...he just got hurt right when he got his chance. Brown I think can definitely step up at guard.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Takeo

I'm hoping Zebrie Sanders earns that job.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:18 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

The line was good...but was it a Gailey system or was it real? Maybe both? But you do have a linemen running the show, maybe we will never get to find out lol. Which i'm fine with.

They need a replacement for Andy though.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
dma0034

Well Marrone's specialty is Offensive Line so if he thinks Browns and Sanders are ready good on him. I really like the Rogers signing. Rogers-Woods-Johnson could be an elite 3 WR set in a couple years ( Now I see an offense the resembles the Packers). Hackett obviously thinks the only way a spread offense will work on the NFL level is with speed and possession players and the Bills took players that he felt he could coach up.

Write Up on Da'Rick Rogers:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...re-in-the-pros

Old
04-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Zack Chibane, one of Marrone's players at Syracuse, says he's signed with the Bills: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/0...-with-buffalo/

Old
04-27-2013, 10:58 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Zack Chibane, one of Marrone's players at Syracuse, says he's signed with the Bills: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/0...-with-buffalo/
There is the guard. I was thinking if Marrone had an ace up his sleeve.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Layne Staley

Glenn-Brown-Wood-Urbik-Hairston

With Pears, Sanders and Snow/Young as the backups is a pretty solid line still. Wood and Glenn are pro bowl caliber and Urbik and Hairston are solid starters. Pears also has shown he is starter caliber and the fact he isn't even in the starting lineup attests to the talent there. I also wonder if Marrone is interested in signing Brandon Moore, he is a good guard and was actually developed by Marrone when he was with the Jets. Either way I'm not worried about the line that much. The last 2 years they have been near the top in least sacks allowed and rushing average, I think we have a top 10 line, even after losing Levitre and Rhinehart.

If the Bills can sign Dansby then I think they have addressed nearly every weakness on the roster. The kicker we drafted looks real solid, I'd say he is a big upgrade on Lindell. If we get Dansby, our natural LB core of Dansby, Sheppard, Bradham, Lawson, Moats, Scott and White would definitely be an upgrade over last years core.

I love the Woods pick, he was who I wanted as a WR, and I think DaRick Rogers is every bit as good as Cordarelle Patterson. The rooks are definitely a better option then David Nelson and Jones, that's for sure. The only area I'm concerned about is TE, and that's due to Chandlers injury. Fred Davis would have been a major coup for us, a shame we couldn't close the deal.

If Manuel can be a franchise QB then the team could compete by 2014. I am just not that high on him but I'll give him a chance and support him for atleast 2-3 seasons. If he hasn't shown anything by then, then I would advocate drafting another QB early.

Closed Thread