HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Training Camp

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 11:39 AM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

vCash: 500
Not really a surprise. I thought this would happen next season, but now is fine.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:45 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Into it.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Myllz
#justbogothings

So when is Wilson stepping down?

Old
05-13-2013, 11:51 AM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
So when is Wilson stepping down?
He did. Unless you want him to die?

Old
05-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Myllz
#justbogothings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
I want him to sell the team and GTFO.

Old
05-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Well then. Buddy Nix steps down as GM.
Tradition to special assistant? Lol what?

Old
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
I surmised:

- Goodwin looked the part of the speedy WR but Joe B said his hands are a noticeable issue... Yay

- Alonso is at full speed, and despite the fact that the D hasn't had ample work in the camp due to the drills and tempo, the guy is ferocious. Joe thinks he's the kind of guy who will get into a training camp scuffle due to tenacity

- Rogers looks the part physically and with speed, but had a tough time in day one with a change of direction drill. I read that he was also on coverage team for kickoffa, so he's being treated like your normal "earn your stripes" UDFA WR

- Hopkins' leg is as advertised, booming kickoffa through the back of the endzone. But, unlike Potter last year, he has the FG accuracy that - if on full display in camp - could legitimately displace Lindell.

- Nickell Roby is a good athlete, but might just be too short to make the team, as the lack of arm length has him missing on seemingly basic pass breakups.

Everything I've read from any source has agreed that Woods is the star of the rookies through the first handful of sessions.
Goodwin is doing what I expected. They need some hand drills for him and Graham!

Sounds good on Alonzo. Maybe thats what this team needs is a training camp brawl.

I do worry about this up tempo pace they want to impliment, on both sides of the ball, more noteably the defense.

Old
05-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Djp

That wizard of OZ song popped into my head....the witch is dead song....

Old
05-13-2013, 03:04 PM
RiotAct
Panickin' 4 Hanifin

thanks for the fun times, Buddy!

Old
05-13-2013, 03:19 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
He should have been let go when Chan was.

Old
05-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Good news in that we all knew it was going to happen sometimes between post-draft this year and next. He got the QB he'd been waiting for, hopefully the right one. Now it's time to see if Whaley can be a great GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Tradition to special assistant? Lol what?
Typo for 'transition'. Funny how someone's entire job is to handle twitter/Facebook/etc and they don't even proofread a 140 word message

Old
05-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Hahaha

Old
05-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Goodwin is doing what I expected. They need some hand drills for him and Graham!

Sounds good on Alonzo. Maybe thats what this team needs is a training camp brawl.

I do worry about this up tempo pace they want to impliment, on both sides of the ball, more noteably the defense.
I'm definitely concerned about the hands, but you have to love even the threat of them burning you down field now. Rogers seemed to get a few in today's OTAs as well. There is talk on buffalobills.com about using Gragg to stretch the field as well.

If my memory of Marrone at Syracuse serves me right, I don't think Marrone was very fond of scrums. Maybe that was because they were students? But, honestly I think it was because of wasting energy. He put them into drills for them to get out their aggressiveness in a competitive nature without having to "fight" your teammate.

What are you worrying about with the tempo? Serious question. What are your concerns? If they can do it at Syraucse why can't the pros handle it. The tempo and speed of the game and players, as well as the conditioning, is going to be a big advantage to the Bills if they can read and react on the field at that pace. Even before Syracuse went to the hurry-up offense, Marrone really pushed up tempo practices to increase the number of reps and to improve everyone's ability to play at game speed.

Old
05-13-2013, 06:00 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
I'm definitely concerned about the hands, but you have to love even the threat of them burning you down field now. Rogers seemed to get a few in today's OTAs as well. There is talk on buffalobills.com about using Gragg to stretch the field as well.

If my memory of Marrone at Syracuse serves me right, I don't think Marrone was very fond of scrums. Maybe that was because they were students? But, honestly I think it was because of wasting energy. He put them into drills for them to get out their aggressiveness in a competitive nature without having to "fight" your teammate.

What are you worrying about with the tempo? Serious question. What are your concerns? If they can do it at Syraucse why can't the pros handle it. The tempo and speed of the game and players, as well as the conditioning, is going to be a big advantage to the Bills if they can read and react on the field at that pace. Even before Syracuse went to the hurry-up offense, Marrone really pushed up tempo practices to increase the number of reps and to improve everyone's ability to play at game speed.
Only concern I have with that is it may lead to over-committing for defensive players.

Old
05-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Stocking up on Kleenex for later in the season.
It also works on tears...

Old
05-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Only concern I have with that is it may lead to over-committing for defensive players.
The offense is going to pretty much dictate the tempo of the plays during game. What having a faster pace during practice is going to do for the defense is condition the players to think quickly and react on instinct rather than try to over think and be late to the play. It will also improve their physical conditioning so they will be hard to tire late in games and see more reps so they are better prepared. They will also be ready to play against other uptempo offenses.

I woud much rather see our guys have to come down for a slow paced team, than to be unable to play with an uptempo offense.

Old
05-13-2013, 06:32 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Good article on DaRick Rogers: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...d9d_story.html

Quote:
“I cherish it like gold. This is it. This is my last opportunity,” Rogers said shortly after joining his new teammates in opening the Bills three-day rookie minicamp this weekend. “I’ve got to make the best of it.”

Tapping the podium for emphasis, Rogers expressed confidence that he’s “growing as a person,” and capable overcoming a tarnished reputation. Suspended indefinitely by Tennessee last summer for failing numerous drug tests as a sophomore, Rogers transferred to Tennessee Tech shortly before the season began.

“Everything in the past, I’m not here to defend those things at all,” said Rogers said. “Those are things that are real. They happened. And I’m maturing.”

Marrone is both intrigued by Rogers, and concerned by the player’s past.

“It’s a one-shot deal,” Marrone said during a conference call with Bills season-ticket holders last week. “Either you’ve learned your lesson and you’ve grown up and you’re going to go forward and mature, or you haven’t learned your lesson and you’re going to be out on the street. It’s that simple.”

It’s a message the coach has shared with Rogers.

“It’s all on you, and you have to make the right decisions,” Marrone said following practice Friday.

Old
05-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Mergus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
OTA's mean very little, but nice to see he had an 80 yard TD (from E.J) and a 65 yard TD (from Kolb).

Old
05-13-2013, 07:05 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus View Post
OTA's mean very little, but nice to see he had an 80 yard TD (from E.J) and a 65 yard TD (from Kolb).
I don't think anyone really doubts his talent--at least in regards to making the 53 (starting is up for grabs). The only way he doesn't make the team IMO is if he fails to conduct himself as a professional. If he shows up, works hard, stays away from all the off-field ****...he'll have every chance to play on Sundays.

Old
05-13-2013, 07:26 PM
missingmika

Quote:

There hasn't been a good scrum since Wood told Maybin "Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!"

Old
05-14-2013, 11:26 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Were any of these long completions actual long throws, or just mega YAC?

Old
05-14-2013, 12:33 PM
JEvans14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Were any of these long completions actual long throws, or just mega YAC?
Both were long throws where Rogers got behind the secondary. Both passes were caught right in stride. There's a highlight video on buffalobills.com

Old
05-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Takeo

Chris Scott getting reps at first team LG. Who? Exactly.

Old
05-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post

I worry about the offense being burnt out by the end of games. I love no huddle I think it has a purpose but i'm not sure it's something you can run an entire game. As mentioned earlier offense does dictate defense. I worry about the big fat guys being able to keep up with a fast pace on D. They are bigger and eventually will slow down due to it. This could cause multiple different kinds of penalties such as offsides, interference, etc.

Old
05-15-2013, 01:46 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEvans1441 View Post
Both were long throws where Rogers got behind the secondary. Both passes were caught right in stride. There's a highlight video on buffalobills.com
I don't take much from these but depending who the defenders were this might be a small cause for concern. It's great to see the big passes but you don't want to see your defenders give up big plays either.

Closed Thread