HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Training Camp

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 10:12 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Good article. A bit of an over-exaggeration.

Why E.J Manuel Was The Best Pick In The 2013 NFL Draft
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2013-nfl-draft
These guys sound like they're drinking the same 11-5 kool-aid Whiplash and I are enjoying.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:25 PM
HockeyHeaven8248

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
These guys sound like they're drinking the same 11-5 kool-aid Whiplash and I are enjoying.
its bleacher report lol ... my 6 year old nephew could write for them

Old
05-24-2013, 05:17 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHeaven8248 View Post
its bleacher report lol ... my 6 year old nephew could write for them
True but heres the guys credentials:

http://bleacherreport.com/users/1188335-alex-dunlap

Quote:
About

Pro Football Writers of America Chairman for New Media. Founder of RosterWatch. Host of RosterWatch syndicated on ESPN Radio. NFL reporter for The Austin Chronicle. NFL Draft analyst for Mel Kiper's Global Exchange at PlayTheDraft.com. Featured expert contributor to the FantasyPros Network. I attend as media team training camps, practices and games (usually Texans and Saints), as well as events such as the Senior Bowl, the NFL Combine and various pro days.

Follow me on Twitter @AlexDunlapNFL

Old
05-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I don't know how many are aware but the NFL is deigned for every team to go 8-8. If you have a bad Defense, QB or O-Line or head coach you won't. If you are okay in every category you can. If you have a good to great QB you can go above .500 and if you are great at multiple things(including QB)you win 12+. Last years team should have gone 8-8 with almost no coaching.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleacherreport
the entire hard drive of the organization was re-fragged.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
I don't know how many are aware but the NFL is deigned for every team to go 8-8. If you have a bad Defense, QB or O-Line or head coach you won't. If you are okay in every category you can. If you have a good to great QB you can go above .500 and if you are great at multiple things(including QB)you win 12+. Last years team should have gone 8-8 with almost no coaching.
If Justin Rogers tips a pass, TJ Graham runs the right route, and George Wilson holds onto one of two passes, Buffalo goes 8-8 last year. 3 plays away from that record.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:51 PM
EichHart

vCash: 50
I can tell you one thing. This team is going to be a hell of a lot more fun to watch than last years team. New exciting coach, one of the best D coordinators the last 5 years, new franchise QB, Spiller reaching prime, a QB that can throw it more than 10 yards...The list goes on and on. Even if they SUCK, which I fully expect....I will enjoy watching the games and watching our guys develop. Similar to the Sabres next year except 82 games is a long time to watch a team suck. ^_^

Old
05-24-2013, 10:52 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
If Justin Rogers tips a pass, TJ Graham runs the right route, and George Wilson holds onto one of two passes, Buffalo goes 8-8 last year. 3 plays away from that record.
But if you play that game, there are also plays the Bills made (or the opponents screwed up) which if they didn't make they lose more games.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Jaeger View Post
Wilson dropped 2 picks. STL and TEN

Old
05-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
But if you play that game, there are also plays the Bills made (or the opponents screwed up) which if they didn't make they lose more games.
True. Most of note Feeley.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

Quote:
True. But that's the only win Buffalo had that came off that type of play, where one play makes the difference. 7-9.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

Quote:
Wilson dropped 2 picks. STL and TEN
I wasn't thinking of the Tennessee one. I was thinking of the two on the Rams' game winning drive.

Old
05-25-2013, 12:31 AM
dma0034

Quote:
See this is where things get confuzzled. In 4 of the 6 Bills victories they won by 10 or more. Also they won the Miami game without it ever really seeming close. The only game in question is that Arizona game.

Now 5 games the Bills got blown out. San Fran, Seattle, N.Y Jets, Miami and New England. No use even trying to defend those:

So the Bills are 5-5 with one game in Arizona as a question mark.

Titans: Bills are unable to hold Titans on 4th down and Fitz throws costly INT to seal win.
Patriots: Fitzpatrick throws INT to seal win for Patriots.
Texans: Bills played the Texans very well. Texans scored 3 TDs, Bills settled on 3 short Field Goals.
Colts: This is a game the Bills could of won and actually out-played the Colts. They allowed a punt return and stopped handing the ball to Spiller ( who had 14 carries for 107 yards)
Rams: George Wilson drops sure INT to end the game.

What I'm getting at is that Bills beat 5 teams they were better then. They lost to five teams they should of lost to. It is those 6 games that defines a season. Something you'll notice about teams that "come out of nowhere to win a division or make the playoffs" is that they had a lot of close losses the year before. As incredibly unbelievable as it sounds the Bills could have gone 10-6 if just a handful of plays happened in their favor. Instead they go 6-10. This team has the talent to do the same this year: They'll lose to the Saints, Falcons, @ Patriots. They'll win against the Browns, Chiefs and Jags. It is the other 10 games that will decide this team's year.... and truthfully I don't see more than 3 automatic losses this year. I think the Bills have the talent and coaching to beat any of those 10 teams.

Old
05-25-2013, 01:13 AM
dotcommunism

You can revise history however much you want, but if Ryan Tannehill doesn't throw those two key interceptions, the Bills easily could've lost to the Dolphins

Old
05-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
See this is where things get confuzzled. In 4 of the 6 Bills victories they won by 10 or more. Also they won the Miami game without it ever really seeming close. The only game in question is that Arizona game.

Now 5 games the Bills got blown out. San Fran, Seattle, N.Y Jets, Miami and New England. No use even trying to defend those:

So the Bills are 5-5 with one game in Arizona as a question mark.

Titans: Bills are unable to hold Titans on 4th down and Fitz throws costly INT to seal win.
Patriots: Fitzpatrick throws INT to seal win for Patriots.
Texans: Bills played the Texans very well. Texans scored 3 TDs, Bills settled on 3 short Field Goals.
Colts: This is a game the Bills could of won and actually out-played the Colts. They allowed a punt return and stopped handing the ball to Spiller ( who had 14 carries for 107 yards)
Rams: George Wilson drops sure INT to end the game.

What I'm getting at is that Bills beat 5 teams they were better then. They lost to five teams they should of lost to. It is those 6 games that defines a season. Something you'll notice about teams that "come out of nowhere to win a division or make the playoffs" is that they had a lot of close losses the year before. As incredibly unbelievable as it sounds the Bills could have gone 10-6 if just a handful of plays happened in their favor. Instead they go 6-10. This team has the talent to do the same this year: They'll lose to the Saints, Falcons, @ Patriots. They'll win against the Browns, Chiefs and Jags. It is the other 10 games that will decide this team's year.... and truthfully I don't see more than 3 automatic losses this year. I think the Bills have the talent and coaching to beat any of those 10 teams.
Doesnt mean much but Bills and Pats in the 1st game were tied going to the 4th quarter. So they were in the game.

Also that Texans game they ran the ball 4 times the whole 2nd half.

Old
05-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Seems like you could put down some solid cash right now and bet that Scott Chandler will be ready....wait for it.....wait for it......TRAINING CAMP!

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...tw_buf_article

Old
05-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

So Montell Owens has visited the Bills. Any chance he signs? Does he actually help?

Old
05-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Lol Geno Smith:

http://network.yardbarker.com/author...87?widget=true

That girl is decent looking.

So sad the Bills didnt draft him.

Old
05-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Top Pair Imposter
False Defenseman

vCash: 50
I for one am shocked Jay Z has sloppily ridden the coattails of people with greater talent than him to further success. Shocked.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:20 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

ESPN names Marv Levy #17 best coach of all time: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...tory-marv-levy

Nice commentary from Jim Kelly as well.

Old
05-29-2013, 02:32 AM
dma0034

Last year I decided to buy a Bills jersey for the next couple years. After narrowing it down to 4 players: Byrd, Dareus, Johnson, and Gilmore I decided to go with Gilmore. I liked what I saw from in preseason and in college plus he'd be under contract for at least 4 more years. Seemed like a good fit..... so I found out yesterday that Gilmore changed his number from 27 to 24 fml

Old
05-29-2013, 05:32 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Last year I decided to buy a Bills jersey for the next couple years. After narrowing it down to 4 players: Byrd, Dareus, Johnson, and Gilmore I decided to go with Gilmore. I liked what I saw from in preseason and in college plus he'd be under contract for at least 4 more years. Seemed like a good fit..... so I found out yesterday that Gilmore changed his number from 27 to 24 fml

Buy a McGee jersey for 10 bucks and get the nameplate changed.

Old
05-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

So the over/under on the Bills this year is 6.5:

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-2013--Ov...wins-/16447193

Would easily bet the over there.

Old
05-29-2013, 07:37 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
So the over/under on the Bills this year is 6.5:

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-2013--Ov...wins-/16447193

Would easily bet the over there.
Take the under. Easily. 3-13 seems about the norm.

05-29-2013, 09:38 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Take the under. Easily. 3-13 seems about the norm.
The Bills have only won 5 or less games 3 times in the current 13 season playoff drought. They usually are 6-10 or 7-9, which is part of the reason why they haven't rebuilt quick enough, they don't get the top 5 draft picks we need to do that. Since 2000, we have drafted in the top 5 only twice and never higher then 3rd.

Closed Thread