HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NY Giants/Jets Discussion

Old
12-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 500
2013 NY Giants/Jets Discussion

2012 Edition: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1111639

Continue on...

04-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footb...h-jets/2116532

Revis Island has relocated to Tampa Bay.

The Bucs will send the 13th overall pick in Thursday's NFL draft and a conditional fourth-round pick in 2014 to the Jets for the 27-year-old Pro Bowl cornerback. If Revis is on Tampa Bay's roster the third day of the league year in 2014, the compensation becomes a third-round pick.

Revis, who arrived Sunday afternoon in Tampa on a privately chartered plane and was greeted by Bucs coach Greg Schiano, agreed to terms on a six year, $96-million contract with the Bucs that includes no guaranteed money. He will receive $1.5 million roster bonus, $1.5 million workout bonus with a $13-million base salary each year for six years.

What do you guys think of the trade?

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

Not a bad move from the Jet's side especially if they meet the terms for the 4th rounder to turn into a 3rd rounder. With the Salary cap being the way it is today draft picks are at a premium and the day's of getting 2 first round picks for a player are over...

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:52 PM
19 in a row

If he was 100% healthy I would have wanted 2 first rounders, he is that good..If there was a competitive market for him I would have wanted a 1st and a 2nd even with the injury assuming he got the clean bill of health.. the fact that the Bucs were the only suitor, I think the Jets are lucky to get what they did...the bridge was burned with Revis and the jets, they are in salary cap hell and in rebuild mode. There was no way they were going to resign him... it was the right move to make, it was this or nothing at year end(see PAP last year x 100)...

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
It sucks to see him go.. This team isn't going anywhere I'm sick of rebuilds for all my teams

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:08 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
It's about freaking time:

Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Jets released QB Tim Tebow, as @BrianCoz reported.
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...41157444509696

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:25 AM
19NYSports91

Jets need to move to a 4-3 imo.

Wilkerson and Richardson as DT's. Couples and Pace as DE's. David Harris as MLB, Demario Davis as OLB, not sure about the other OLB.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
The ax continues to fall.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:03 PM
LAIslanderFan

Here's my dilemma. Everytime I buy a new Jets jersey, the player gets traded within a 2 year period.
I had a Pennington Jersey, for about 2 years, he got traded. I got a Kerry Rhodes jersey after Pennington left, that lasted about 2 years. Next up, was Revis. I figured he's a franchise player, so I'll have his jersey for years.

We all know how that went.

Any suggestions? I don't like Antonio Holmes. Mangold is getting older, and I'm not sure how many more years his body can take the abuse. Sanchez is out. Geno Smith is unproven. The Jets don't have a ligit running back.

I'd love some thoughts from my fellow Jet fans.

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:08 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
Here's my dilemma. Everytime I buy a new Jets jersey, the player gets traded within a 2 year period.
I had a Pennington Jersey, for about 2 years, he got traded. I got a Kerry Rhodes jersey after Pennington left, that lasted about 2 years. Next up, was Revis. I figured he's a franchise player, so I'll have his jersey for years.

Any suggestions? I don't like Antonio Holmes. Mangold is getting older, and I'm not sure how many more years his body can take the abuse. Sanchez is out. Geno Smith is unproven. The Jets don't have a ligit running back.

I've had the same problem as you. Chad Pennington, Santana Moss(white and green), Ty Law, Kerry Rhodes, and Shonn Greene. I think it's mostly because I don't get the right players and football players don't really stay on one team for a long period of time. Like to get player jerseys that people usually don't have, I would probably get a Wilkerson jersey.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Hipietro

Quote:

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Poliz24

Quote:

I would go Mangold, he isn't that old. Plus when healthy he is a pro-bowl center. Sleeper would be Demario Davis, he could be pretty good this year.

Poliz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 06:21 PM
13th Floor

Quote:

I have this problem as well. Pennington, Vilma, Revis. I'm going with Al Toon or Moe Lewis next. Problem solved.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:12 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
I have this problem as well. Pennington, Vilma, Revis. I'm going with Al Toon or Moe Lewis next. Problem solved.
That's probably the best advice for Jet fans. I don't see the Jets getting a real "playmaker" until next years draft. Maybe a hotshot WR or RB.

Did Al Toon play in the current "throwback" Jet jersey, or did he wear that darker Jet jersey the Jets wore before Bill Parcell took over?

Freeman McNeil?

Last edited by LAIslanderFan: 04-29-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old
04-29-2013, 09:53 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
That's probably the best advice for Jet fans. I don't see the Jets getting a real "playmaker" until next years draft. Maybe a hotshot WR or RB.

Did Al Toon play in the current "throwback" Jet jersey, or did he wear that darker Jet jersey the Jets wore before Bill Parcell took over?

Freeman McNeil?
Toon was there for this logo/jersey:

My dad had season tickets and we used to go during the Rich Kotite years when Toon was there. I think they went 3-13, 1-15, and 3-13 when we had tickets. Not looking it up, because I don't want to relive that crap.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 01:18 AM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
Toon was there for this logo/jersey:

My dad had season tickets and we used to go during the Rich Kotite years when Toon was there. I think they went 3-13, 1-15, and 3-13 when we had tickets. Not looking it up, because I don't want to relive that crap.
Although I'd like to forget those years, they were so embarassing, it's hard to forget.

Every monday morning, the back sport pages would have some funny caption refering to the Jets.
I had a buddy that would point out the look on Kotite's face and refer to it as the "how did we blow that one look".