HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XV

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Couldn't have said it any better. After year one of this guy they will wish they never signed him. This is a stupid knee jerk reaction to give a crappy player money just to throw a bandaid on a wound. They are so better off just waiting until next year than throwing this guy money. Horrible teammate and horrible defender.
My favourite quote of his was when he said he doesn't see any difference between him and Wade except for the rings.

Quote:
Google the article where Kobe's plea to Howard was a total turn off to him. Hysterical. Kobe basically told him that Dwight needs to learn how to win a championship and Kobe can show him the way. Just a reminder that no one really respects Kobe in this league. The guy is a total jerk that can't get along with anyone.
Kobe is a tool, damn fine player though, but I can't respect a guy who treats his teammates like trash.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Rhaego

vCash: 500
Quote:
Couldn't have said it any better. After year one of this guy they will wish they never signed him. This is a stupid knee jerk reaction to give a crappy player money just to throw a bandaid on a wound. They are so better off just waiting until next year than throwing this guy money. Horrible teammate and horrible defender.
We're going to be a bad team anyways, at least he's entertaining

Old
07-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
We're going to be a bad team anyways, at least he's entertaining
I'm sorry, but what? And I fail to see what's entertaining about a chucker who can't play defense, frustrating would be a word I'd use to describe his effort on the court.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I'm sorry, but what? And I fail to see what's entertaining about a chucker who can't play defense, frustrating would be a word I'd use to describe his effort on the court.
Lawson-Fournier-Chandler-Faried-McGee

with Hamilton-Miller-Mozgov coming off the bench.

BAD team

Old
07-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
Lawson-Fournier-Chandler-Faried-McGee

with Hamilton-Miller-Mozgov coming off the bench.

BAD team
A high seed? Nope.
A bad team? Nope.
Playoff contender? Yep.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
A high seed? Nope.
A bad team? Nope.
Playoff contender? Yep.
That's 3 starters you don't want starting. And two players off the bench that have never contributed before. I hope I'm wrong, but to me that's a lottery team.

Old
07-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Kobe's pretty butt hurt over this. Too comical.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...e-agency-james

Old
07-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Kobe is a megalomaniacal jackass and Howard is a man-child. It was destined to blow up in Buss's face, and I couldn't be happier.

Too bad Josh Crunkey's desire to burn the Nuggets to the ground is taking away a little of my schadenfreude.

Old
07-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Bonzai12

I think NBA players are the only people left that actually use twitter.

Old
07-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Rhaego

So here's the plan Nuggets:

Tank for Wiggins
Sign Kobe

Win a championship

Old
07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Tulo and Cargo both voted to the ASG as starters. Cuddy named as a reserve.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Bonzai12

Did they already name pitchers? Or does that come later? I'm not sure it's right to have 4 rockies on the AS roster if they're not in 1st

Old
07-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Did they already name pitchers? Or does that come later? I'm not sure it's right to have 4 rockies on the AS roster if they're not in 1st
3 Rockies only. Cuddyer was our only reserve.

Old
07-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Bonzai12

....and now Oswalts injured. Fantastic. Rockies have got to get some pitching depth in here. It's freaking terrible.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:06 PM
famicommander

I guess we'll be seeing Nicasio again. He's given up 1 ER in 11 innings in the Springs, but he's still not controlling his pitch count.

I swear to god if they try to trot Jeff Francis out there again I'm going to snap.

This team has to make a trade for pitching if they're going to compete for a division title. Period. Even if Nicasio works out, Pomeranz has been awful and will likely need to be replaced soon.

Old
07-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Rumor was the Rox were in on Nolasco from Miami but they wouldn't agree to pay 4 Million of Nolasco's salary. So instead Miami traded him to the Dodgers.

That's a move that would have helped the Rockies in 2 ways. It improves the rotation AND it keeps him from one of our division rivals. Complain about Kroenke all you want...the Monforts are far and away the worst owners in the city. But also one of the 5 worst in all of Baseball.

Old
07-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Rumor was the Rox were in on Nolasco from Miami but they wouldn't agree to pay 4 Million of Nolasco's salary. So instead Miami traded him to the Dodgers.

That's a move that would have helped the Rockies in 2 ways. It improves the rotation AND it keeps him from one of our division rivals. Complain about Kroenke all you want...the Monforts are far and away the worst owners in the city. But also one of the 5 worst in all of Baseball.
It isn't even remotely close. The Monforts are the worst owners in this city by a country mile. They employ the worst front office in the city, headed up by a the most incompetent GM, who's been allowed to continue to suck at his job for over a decade now with impunity. There is zero accountability within the organization, despite years upon years of utter failure, specifically when it comes to drafting and developing starting pitching. The only reason they aren't the worst owners in baseball is because Jeff Loria exists.

Old
07-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeleau Of Blood View Post
It isn't even remotely close. The Monforts are the worst owners in this city by a country mile. They employ the worst front office in the city, headed up by a the most incompetent GM, who's been allowed to continue to suck at his job for over a decade now with impunity. There is zero accountability within the organization, despite years upon years of utter failure, specifically when it comes to drafting and developing starting pitching. The only reason they aren't the worst owners in baseball is because Jeff Loria exists.
The kicker is of all the Pro teams, they have the best stadium that operates during perfect weather. One that will have 30-35,000 people inside on a weeknight. And they don't take that money and re-invest in proper talent in the pitching staff or at 1st and 2nd base.

I could understand if they only drew 10-15k a night but they aren't.

Problem is that Denver isn't a true baseball town. The Monforts couldn't get away with this in Boston, NYC or St. Louis.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
The kicker is of all the Pro teams, they have the best stadium that operates during perfect weather. One that will have 30-35,000 people inside on a weeknight. And they don't take that money and re-invest in proper talent in the pitching staff or at 1st and 2nd base.

I could understand if they only drew 10-15k a night but they aren't.

Problem is that Denver isn't a true baseball town. The Monforts couldn't get away with this in Boston, NYC or St. Louis.
They'd do the same things there as they do here. They insulate themselves with yes men and only give access to media members who'll be their lapdogs (Tracy Ringolsby and Drew Goodman come to mind immediately). Anyone who they even perceive as critical gets shut out. I remember them being so petty as to give the scoop on some story (can't remember which one, possibly Tracy's resignation) to the Broncos beat writer because Troy Renck had dared to be critical of their idiotic four man rotation last year.

They're not just incompetent. They're deliberately oblivious. Even worse, they somehow seem to think that they're ahead of the curve with every idiotic move they make.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

The fan base itself in those cities would have forced the changes necessary(eventually). Too many "fans" see Coors Field just as another stop on a Lodo pub crawl and not as a baseball stadium.

Look at how the Fanbase helped speed along the departure of Josh McDaniels and the rise of Tim Tebow.

Hell waining fan interest helped Kroenke finally see that changes for the Avs were necessary.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:36 PM
hockeyfish

There are a lot of similarities between the Avs and Rockies. They both have questionable ownership. Both have/had GMs who probably shouldn't have been there (O'Dowd is certainly better than Sherman was, but its time for him to go. A change just needs to be made). Both had some horrible coaches (they have changed those). Both have an aspect of the game that is laughable (the Rockies pitching has improved quite a bit though). And both, above all, have some of the worst possible injury luck I've ever seen. Every year, they seem to lose half their roster, especially their key players.

But, I also feel that both have a collection of talented young players who, if the team can ever put together a healthy season, can take them to their respective finals.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:23 PM
anleva

Matt Russell, Broncos director of player personnel, crashes into Breckenridge cop.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/34...shing-into-cop

First struck a car in Frisco, then later crashed into a Breckenridge police cruiser. Allegedly blew a .246 blood alcohol.

Old
07-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Bonzai12

best news of the day from ESPN

Quote:
Ellis has pared his list to the Atlanta Hawks, Sacramento Kings, Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Bobcats.

Old
07-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by anleva View Post
Matt Russell, Broncos director of player personnel, crashes into Breckenridge cop.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/34...shing-into-cop

First struck a car in Frisco, then later crashed into a Breckenridge police cruiser. Allegedly blew a .246 blood alcohol.
As long as the executives do it and the players don't.

Old
07-09-2013, 09:32 PM
anleva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huis Clos View Post
As long as the executives do it and the players don't.
Yep, great point. And to that point now they are reporting that Tom Heckert, director of pro personnel, was arrested for a DUI in June. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos deal with this.

Closed Thread