HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports Thread XV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2013, 11:50 AM
  #451
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 14,133
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Couldn't have said it any better. After year one of this guy they will wish they never signed him. This is a stupid knee jerk reaction to give a crappy player money just to throw a bandaid on a wound. They are so better off just waiting until next year than throwing this guy money. Horrible teammate and horrible defender.
My favourite quote of his was when he said he doesn't see any difference between him and Wade except for the rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Google the article where Kobe's plea to Howard was a total turn off to him. Hysterical. Kobe basically told him that Dwight needs to learn how to win a championship and Kobe can show him the way. Just a reminder that no one really respects Kobe in this league. The guy is a total jerk that can't get along with anyone.
Kobe is a tool, damn fine player though, but I can't respect a guy who treats his teammates like trash.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 12:17 PM
  #452
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Couldn't have said it any better. After year one of this guy they will wish they never signed him. This is a stupid knee jerk reaction to give a crappy player money just to throw a bandaid on a wound. They are so better off just waiting until next year than throwing this guy money. Horrible teammate and horrible defender.
We're going to be a bad team anyways, at least he's entertaining

Rhaego is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 12:23 PM
  #453
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 14,133
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
We're going to be a bad team anyways, at least he's entertaining
I'm sorry, but what? And I fail to see what's entertaining about a chucker who can't play defense, frustrating would be a word I'd use to describe his effort on the court.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 01:18 PM
  #454
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I'm sorry, but what? And I fail to see what's entertaining about a chucker who can't play defense, frustrating would be a word I'd use to describe his effort on the court.
Lawson-Fournier-Chandler-Faried-McGee

with Hamilton-Miller-Mozgov coming off the bench.

BAD team

Rhaego is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 01:21 PM
  #455
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 14,133
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
Lawson-Fournier-Chandler-Faried-McGee

with Hamilton-Miller-Mozgov coming off the bench.

BAD team
A high seed? Nope.
A bad team? Nope.
Playoff contender? Yep.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 01:25 PM
  #456
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
A high seed? Nope.
A bad team? Nope.
Playoff contender? Yep.
That's 3 starters you don't want starting. And two players off the bench that have never contributed before. I hope I'm wrong, but to me that's a lottery team.

Rhaego is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  #457
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Kobe's pretty butt hurt over this. Too comical.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...e-agency-james

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:41 PM
  #458
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,469
vCash: 500
Kobe is a megalomaniacal jackass and Howard is a man-child. It was destined to blow up in Buss's face, and I couldn't be happier.

Too bad Josh Crunkey's desire to burn the Nuggets to the ground is taking away a little of my schadenfreude.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:43 PM
  #459
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I think NBA players are the only people left that actually use twitter.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 06:28 PM
  #460
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
So here's the plan Nuggets:

Tank for Wiggins
Sign Kobe

Win a championship

Rhaego is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
  #461
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,095
vCash: 500
Tulo and Cargo both voted to the ASG as starters. Cuddy named as a reserve.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 08:21 PM
  #462
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Did they already name pitchers? Or does that come later? I'm not sure it's right to have 4 rockies on the AS roster if they're not in 1st

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 08:33 PM
  #463
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Did they already name pitchers? Or does that come later? I'm not sure it's right to have 4 rockies on the AS roster if they're not in 1st
3 Rockies only. Cuddyer was our only reserve.

Rhaego is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 03:43 PM
  #464
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
....and now Oswalts injured. Fantastic. Rockies have got to get some pitching depth in here. It's freaking terrible.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 04:06 PM
  #465
famicommander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
I guess we'll be seeing Nicasio again. He's given up 1 ER in 11 innings in the Springs, but he's still not controlling his pitch count.

I swear to god if they try to trot Jeff Francis out there again I'm going to snap.

This team has to make a trade for pitching if they're going to compete for a division title. Period. Even if Nicasio works out, Pomeranz has been awful and will likely need to be replaced soon.

famicommander is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 05:25 PM
  #466
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,095
vCash: 500
Rumor was the Rox were in on Nolasco from Miami but they wouldn't agree to pay 4 Million of Nolasco's salary. So instead Miami traded him to the Dodgers.

That's a move that would have helped the Rockies in 2 ways. It improves the rotation AND it keeps him from one of our division rivals. Complain about Kroenke all you want...the Monforts are far and away the worst owners in the city. But also one of the 5 worst in all of Baseball.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 05:42 PM
  #467
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel
 
Bordeleau Of Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Rumor was the Rox were in on Nolasco from Miami but they wouldn't agree to pay 4 Million of Nolasco's salary. So instead Miami traded him to the Dodgers.

That's a move that would have helped the Rockies in 2 ways. It improves the rotation AND it keeps him from one of our division rivals. Complain about Kroenke all you want...the Monforts are far and away the worst owners in the city. But also one of the 5 worst in all of Baseball.
It isn't even remotely close. The Monforts are the worst owners in this city by a country mile. They employ the worst front office in the city, headed up by a the most incompetent GM, who's been allowed to continue to suck at his job for over a decade now with impunity. There is zero accountability within the organization, despite years upon years of utter failure, specifically when it comes to drafting and developing starting pitching. The only reason they aren't the worst owners in baseball is because Jeff Loria exists.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 05:52 PM
  #468
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeleau Of Blood View Post
It isn't even remotely close. The Monforts are the worst owners in this city by a country mile. They employ the worst front office in the city, headed up by a the most incompetent GM, who's been allowed to continue to suck at his job for over a decade now with impunity. There is zero accountability within the organization, despite years upon years of utter failure, specifically when it comes to drafting and developing starting pitching. The only reason they aren't the worst owners in baseball is because Jeff Loria exists.
The kicker is of all the Pro teams, they have the best stadium that operates during perfect weather. One that will have 30-35,000 people inside on a weeknight. And they don't take that money and re-invest in proper talent in the pitching staff or at 1st and 2nd base.

I could understand if they only drew 10-15k a night but they aren't.

Problem is that Denver isn't a true baseball town. The Monforts couldn't get away with this in Boston, NYC or St. Louis.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 06:05 PM
  #469
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel
 
Bordeleau Of Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
The kicker is of all the Pro teams, they have the best stadium that operates during perfect weather. One that will have 30-35,000 people inside on a weeknight. And they don't take that money and re-invest in proper talent in the pitching staff or at 1st and 2nd base.

I could understand if they only drew 10-15k a night but they aren't.

Problem is that Denver isn't a true baseball town. The Monforts couldn't get away with this in Boston, NYC or St. Louis.
They'd do the same things there as they do here. They insulate themselves with yes men and only give access to media members who'll be their lapdogs (Tracy Ringolsby and Drew Goodman come to mind immediately). Anyone who they even perceive as critical gets shut out. I remember them being so petty as to give the scoop on some story (can't remember which one, possibly Tracy's resignation) to the Broncos beat writer because Troy Renck had dared to be critical of their idiotic four man rotation last year.

They're not just incompetent. They're deliberately oblivious. Even worse, they somehow seem to think that they're ahead of the curve with every idiotic move they make.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 06:12 PM
  #470
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,095
vCash: 500
The fan base itself in those cities would have forced the changes necessary(eventually). Too many "fans" see Coors Field just as another stop on a Lodo pub crawl and not as a baseball stadium.

Look at how the Fanbase helped speed along the departure of Josh McDaniels and the rise of Tim Tebow.

Hell waining fan interest helped Kroenke finally see that changes for the Avs were necessary.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
07-07-2013, 06:36 PM
  #471
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,956
vCash: 500
There are a lot of similarities between the Avs and Rockies. They both have questionable ownership. Both have/had GMs who probably shouldn't have been there (O'Dowd is certainly better than Sherman was, but its time for him to go. A change just needs to be made). Both had some horrible coaches (they have changed those). Both have an aspect of the game that is laughable (the Rockies pitching has improved quite a bit though). And both, above all, have some of the worst possible injury luck I've ever seen. Every year, they seem to lose half their roster, especially their key players.

But, I also feel that both have a collection of talented young players who, if the team can ever put together a healthy season, can take them to their respective finals.

hockeyfish is online now  
Old
07-08-2013, 08:23 PM
  #472
anleva
Registered User
 
anleva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Matt Russell, Broncos director of player personnel, crashes into Breckenridge cop.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/34...shing-into-cop

First struck a car in Frisco, then later crashed into a Breckenridge police cruiser. Allegedly blew a .246 blood alcohol.

anleva is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 08:02 PM
  #473
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
best news of the day from ESPN

Quote:
Ellis has pared his list to the Atlanta Hawks, Sacramento Kings, Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Bobcats.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 08:06 PM
  #474
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anleva View Post
Matt Russell, Broncos director of player personnel, crashes into Breckenridge cop.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/34...shing-into-cop

First struck a car in Frisco, then later crashed into a Breckenridge police cruiser. Allegedly blew a .246 blood alcohol.
As long as the executives do it and the players don't.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 09:32 PM
  #475
anleva
Registered User
 
anleva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huis Clos View Post
As long as the executives do it and the players don't.
Yep, great point. And to that point now they are reporting that Tom Heckert, director of pro personnel, was arrested for a DUI in June. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos deal with this.

anleva is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.