HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Other Sports Thread XV

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Hasbro
Can He Skate?!

vCash: 500
Who on the team has priors besides DRC?

Old
07-22-2013, 10:19 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

vCash: 127
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
It's Von Miller.

Uh oh.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Huis Clos*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
It's Von Miller.

Uh oh.
Vic Lombardi says it was for recreational drugs. Kid got busted smoking some reefer or popping adderall. Hope he passes his appeal.

Last edited by Huis Clos*: 07-22-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old
07-22-2013, 10:43 AM
GamingGiant

Potential 4 game suspension for Miller for recreational drugs...

I can see Peyton ripping him a new one if he doesn't pass his appeal.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
Potential 4 game suspension for Miller for recreational drugs...

I can see Peyton ripping him a new one if he doesn't pass his appeal.
Peyton will rip him a new one no matter what...This is not the year to be screwing around.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:48 AM
GamingGiant

Agreed.

This is not what this team needs. Please let me pass his appeal.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Why do I have the worst feeling in the world about this season?

People will think I am out of my mind, but I can totally see the Broncos having a let down and the Chiefs shocking everyone. And I freaking hate the Chiefs. But I just don't see the focus there on this team right now. It's going to be Fox, Manning and Welker trying to tow everyone else along to the AFC West Division crown.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Probably because expectations are so high for this team. It's essentially Super Bowl or bust.

Like you, I think the Chiefs will be a tougher divisional opponent than most think.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:

People will think I am out of my mind, but I can totally see the Broncos having a let down and the Chiefs shocking everyone. And I freaking hate the Chiefs. But I just don't see the focus there on this team right now. It's going to be Fox, Manning and Welker trying to tow everyone else along to the AFC West Division crown.
The Chiefs will be better, but I dont think Alex Smith is as good as people think he is.

I also think that even without Von, we still have a pretty good Defense however losing him is a HUGE hit for however long his suspension is.

One thing I just dont understand is when your team is getting ready to go into a season where there is a very real chance that you will be playing in the Super Bowl...why in the world would you throw down some recreational drugs or get a DUI?

WTF is wrong with these people? YOU ARE GOING TO GET TESTED...its not rocket science. Stay away from this stuff until you retire...you will be a millionaire and it might be legal in more places by then. Also...why is it so hard to call a cab?

/end rant.

Its just so frustrating.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:22 AM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
The Chiefs are going to surprise a lot of people in the NFL this year.

They have brought in a GREAT head coach in Andy Reid, they have actually adressed their QB position with Alex Smith, who finally got a chance to have some consistency in his coaching his last 2 years in SF and he put up solid #'s. They were able to get Bowe under contract, they got a nice blue-chipper on the OL in the draft.

Whether you're a fan or not, you can question that they've made some great moves this off-season and will surprise the NFL...I think they squeak in the Playoffs as a Wild Card...I still have Denver winning their Division

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.
Old
07-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Brandon Krisztal ‏@BK1043 2m
As I said on @SportsCenter, a source close to Von that I trust said he was busted for both weed & "Molly" a form of MDMA

Isnt Molly a form of ecstacy??

Old
07-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post

They have brought in a GREAT head coach in Andy Reid, they have actually adressed their QB position with Alex Smith, who finally got a chance to have some consistency in his coaching his last 2 years in SF and he put up solid #'s. They were able to get Bowe under contract, they got a nice blue-chipper on the OL in the draft.

Whether you're a fan or not, you can question that they've made some great moves this off-season and will surprise the NFL...I think they squeak in the Playoffs as a Wild Card...I still have Denver winning their Division
I agree, and Smith is an upgrade on their horrid QB corps last year but Im still unsure as to how good he actually is.

The Chiefs will be our toughest two games in the division, no doubt.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Bonzai12

If Alex smith does pan out, look out. The Chiefs have talent.

And yes Molly is X.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:54 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Christ it is Von. Seriously if these Avs could actually put some wins together there is big star potential on a local scale. Sure there is Manning but he's not going to play long. It's going to be difficult to root for many individual players on the Broncos. Of course I'll always root for the team. Anyway, I always wondered if Dumervil's little gun issue, though resolved, really was the thing that soured the Broncos on him.

I also have had a sick feeling about the season all off season. I don't see how people can reasonably assume a Super Bowl run after a 4-12 season, 8-8 Tebow insanity season and a 13-3 run. There is no true identity within that. The Chiefs are overhyped, I'm not worried about them but I could definitely see the Broncos win 10 games. They should win the division because it's so crappy but this isn't going to be a fun year. There will be a major injury, they didn't deal with one all season. They will have to win some close games, which they didn't have to do last season.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:36 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Christ it is Von. Seriously if these Avs could actually put some wins together there is big star potential on a local scale. Sure there is Manning but he's not going to play long. It's going to be difficult to root for many individual players on the Broncos. Of course I'll always root for the team. Anyway, I always wondered if Dumervil's little gun issue, though resolved, really was the thing that soured the Broncos on him.

I also have had a sick feeling about the season all off season. I don't see how people can reasonably assume a Super Bowl run after a 4-12 season, 8-8 Tebow insanity season and a 13-3 run. There is no true identity within that. The Chiefs are overhyped, I'm not worried about them but I could definitely see the Broncos win 10 games. They should win the division because it's so crappy but this isn't going to be a fun year. There will be a major injury, they didn't deal with one all season. They will have to win some close games, which they didn't have to do last season.
Lets face it Von made a poor decision, its not the first time a guy made a bad decision its just disappointing. I can forgive recreational drugs, I can't forgive PEDs. He did some recreational drugs and now has to face the consequences, hopefully this will be a learning experience and it will never happen again.

As for the season, its not lost it just got more interesting. I'm with you the Chiefs are drastically over-rated even with a weak schedule and a good coach the best I see from them is 9-7. SD and OAK are going to suck for awhile so I'm not worried about them. The Broncos went from being a 12-4, 13-3 team competing for the #1 seed to a 10-6, 11-5 playing first playoff weekend at home against a wildcard with the Von Miller suspension (pending).

People are forgetting we still have PFM, and one of the best offenses I've ever seen assembled on paper. It will just be like the Indy days for him lots of high scoring games.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:37 PM
SB

Suspension is for use in 2011? How does that work?

Old
07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Bonzai12

Giants, Ravens, and Eagles in the first 3 games. Raiders is an automatic win. But the first four games of the year is pretty brutal. Maybe could drop 2 of those now (Giants / Ravens?)

Old
07-22-2013, 12:51 PM
anleva

Anyone know how substance abuse suspensions work in the NFL? The host on the fan this morning was suggesting this penalty would be from a third failed test.

Old
07-22-2013, 01:06 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 166
Supposedly the first violations puts you in the program but since there are no suspensions it is not publicly reported. From what I'm reading to get a suspension for recreational drugs it has to be 3rd violation. If it was PEDs it would be suspension first violation. If it's just pot then yes it's pretty dumb considering it is legal in Colorado but still as the leader of the defense he has to know better.

I was assuming 10-11 wins prior to this. I still think they can get it done but the defense is going to be worse and the offense is going to have a lot to overcome. Closer games, comeback wins are going to happen more often.

Old
07-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by anleva View Post
Anyone know how substance abuse suspensions work in the NFL? The host on the fan this morning was suggesting this penalty would be from a third failed test.
This gives you all the details
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...juana-in-2011/

Apparently this is his third failed test, and the kid has a problem.

Old
07-22-2013, 01:34 PM
GamingGiant

While the potential loss of Miller for 4 games would sting, the offensive power of Manning, Thomas, Welker, and Decker still tips those suspension games in our favor, in my opinion.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Alex Jones
BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post

Andy Reid sucks.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Andy Reid sucks.
39th all time in winning percentage and 23rd in total # of wins. I would say he's good at the very least.......

Old
07-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Quote:
39th all time in winning percentage and 23rd in total # of wins. I would say he's good at the very least.......
Alex is a 'boys fan, so no wonder he's not all that high on Reid.

Old
07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
SB

Quote:
This gives you all the details
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...juana-in-2011/

Apparently this is his third failed test, and the kid has a problem.
Ok, thanks for info.

Closed Thread