HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SBP Playoffs Atmosphere and Alfie Chants.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:55 PM
BobbyKarlsson

vCash: 500
SBP Playoffs Atmosphere and Alfie Chants.

The sens are in! Being a sens fan my whole life I am very excited that sens are once again in the playoffs. Last year was my first experience of live playoffs at SBP and i have to say the place was boomin! I went a couple times this year and have to say it wasnt that great of an atmosphere.. I could pretty much hear peoples conversations 8 rows behind me.. I do come from montreal so im more used to hearing the bell centre which has a great atmosphere (not a habs fan).

Anyways, do you guys agree that the atmosphere at SBP is 100x better come playoff time?

And do you think the alfie chants will be better than they have been in the season?

And yes i will be returning to SBP in game 3. And hoping the place is LOUD! (If you cant tell im f ing excited)

BobbyKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Chip Chipperson

You can`t even compare playoffs to reg season. It seems all the hardcore fans make it out for the playoff games, or fans that don`t mind getting up to cheer at least.

I remember being in the building when we went to the stanley cup final. Atmosphere was like nothing else.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:13 PM
HankHillC3H8

Just recently graduated from university. During the regular season I would only go if I got free tickets or on student nights where the price is roughly 20-30 dollars. I can remember just a handful of times where I payed 60+ for a regular season ticket.

Last year I went to my first playoff game and yes it's much better. Even in the concourse. You'll hear spontaneous chants start up.

Personally I find it much easier to be loud when the people around me are a) decked out in Senators gear, and b) just as loud and enthusiastic.

I remember starting a couple of 'Oh Ah Silfverberg' chants with a friend one time but it didn't catch on. That being said it was nice to hear Bishop and Andy chants this season. I also loved the ole chant during the 5-1 win over Montreal

HankHillC3H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Quo

The whole damn city was electric when we went to the finals in 06/07.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Game 4 last year was crazy. Especially that TV timeout after Michalek got us within a goal.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
BobbyKarlsson

After the OT Turris goal the crowd went wild.

BobbyKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Orr123

So my husband promised me (and the family) playoff tickets this year if the Sens made the playoffs.

I'm thoroughly excited to see and just be in that atmosphere!!!

Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:48 PM
GimmeMyJetpack
Classless.

man in 07 when the sens won in OT against buffalo i was out on elgin high-fiving random people for over 1 hour. My hands were bruised...from high-fiving so many people...BRUISED.

that was awesome.

However,

I am fairly certain that SBP was the loudest i have ever heard it last year. (I have been to a playoff game every season they have made it) though i did not go to the SCF games.

As usual, the longer this team is around the more die hard fans we will have. It's only a matter time before the Montreal and Toronto influence slowly degrades. First generation sens fans are at the right age to start popping out the baby sens army.

It's coming...

GimmeMyJetpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
The performance of the Alfie chants have become a joke.

Kezia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:09 PM
DonthaveaCOWEN

I'm 99% sure Alfie willl come back for one more year. That being said, I see the symbolic shift starting from this being Alfie's team to Karlsson's team starting these playoffs. I would love to see the "Karly" (or whatever) chants start up.

DonthaveaCOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Inkling
"Let's win it all"

Didn't Don Cherry himself say many years ago that SBP was the loudest Arena he's ever been in? That was sometime during the glory years in the mid-2000's. There is still no comparison between the playoffs and regular season.

Inkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Someone has to start a "One More Year" chant if Alfie scores.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote