HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Subban or Karlsson

View Poll Results: Who is better?
Subban 6 12.00%
Karlsson 44 88.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Orr123

vCash: 500
Honestly, even if Karlsson was less skilled, I'd still probably pick him.

I haven't seen a player in a long time like this kid. Just his work ethic, and constant want to prove people wrong, is why I just see such huge possibilities for him. And I think this year with his injury and stuff just shows off his character even more.

He has consistently improved each year he's played. And constantly works on his weaknesses. Even when he is deemed "the best" he still wants to be better.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:22 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic View Post
Yeah, that is the reason. Sens fans weren't ecstatic about 10 points in 14 games, it was the defense.

Someone said that Karlsson is better than Subban defensively, I disagreed, and said that while Karlsson has improved his game in his own end (which was already underrated), he still isn't better than Subban, specially since Karlsson only played 15 games this year.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:24 PM
barabr10
UM ya that;s right

imo he could have had around 18 points in 14 games this year if some of his teammates could hit the open net that he sets them up on. Remember he was the leading in shots when he got injured and was creating so many chances just no one could finish.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:25 PM
SenateReform

Why? Because Karlsson has outperformed Subban at every single opportunity since before they entered the NHL.

WJC - competed head to head with Karlsson winning best defenseman
'09-'10 - Karlsson scores 26 points in rookie season and PPG in playoffs while Subban fails to make the NHL
'10-'11 - Fairly even season with a slight edge to Karlsson who led his team in points IIRC
'11-'12 - No explanation needed
'12-'13 - Both guys playing great but even if Subban had clearly outplayed Karlsson I don't think it would be enough for him to make up for the past 4 or 5 years of being outplayed by Karlsson.

Old
04-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 3000
From the forum rules:

2) No ridiculously lopsided polls: Do not make a poll with the intention of having only one right answer.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Closed Thread