HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miller's last game?

Old
04-19-2013, 10:40 PM
Mikeyc1983

vCash: 500
Miller's last game?

Did we see Ryan Miller's last game as a Sabre?

I say yes!

Mikeyc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:48 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

No, he'll play at least 2 more.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:54 PM
sabrefan27

I sure hope this is his last season.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Mikeyc1983

Might as well bring Hackett up....if we're able to. See what he's capable of.

Mikeyc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Jacob582

I think he will play 2 more this season too.

I'm not sure there will be much of a trade market for high cap hit players this summer. Unless the Sabres take half of Milller's salary back.

And who knows maybe a team who has "good goaltending" now will lose in the first round of the playoffs and blame weakness in goal as the reason, and decide to make changes.

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Sens and Sabs
Neiled It

Send a message via Yahoo to Sens and Sabs
Let Miller retire a Cup Champ. He's a great goaltender; frustrated on a bad team with no D.

Bring up Hackett next season for a couple games to try him out w/ Enroth. If he's not ready, bring up Leggio who has more experience.

Sens and Sabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:12 AM
McTank

I hope he plays game 82, I'll be there and want to see his last game

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:12 AM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

PLay the young guys...no need to play Ryan anymore

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:16 AM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens and Sabs View Post
Let Miller retire a Cup Champ. He's a great goaltender; frustrated on a bad team with no D.

Bring up Hackett next season for a couple games to try him out w/ Enroth. If he's not ready, bring up Leggio who has more experience.
Screw that. He can play wherever he gets traded. Nobody ever, EVER deserves a Cup.

enrothorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:18 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
He's never been appreciated here. I hope he goes somewhere and has great success.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Luceni

Hopefully.

Enroth/Hackett will be fine and a lot cheaper

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:19 AM
SlugLife978

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
He's never been appreciated here. I hope he goes somewhere and has great success.
That's just flat out not true.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Yeah, people sure did hate him from 2005-2010.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:26 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
That's just flat out not true.
underappreciated based on how good he is, I think Sabres fans are spoiled when it comes to goaltending - we've had excellent goaltending here for the better part of 20 years

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:43 AM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

I hope not but it looks like it and makes sense if our rebuild is going to take a couple of years. That is unless he can play into his forties like Brodeur. Not that you can compare the two but goaltenders seem to be able to have decently long careers.

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
The fair weather fans will continue to piss and moan about Miller until he's eventually run out of town. Those people are mostly the fan boys who have supposedly cheered him and the team on when both have done well and are naturally the first to quickly turn on him as soon as things don't go the right way. Give me a break. Has Miller handled things in the best way at all times over the years (especially with the media and now the fans)? No. Should he have been more selective with the way he has voiced his opinion in certain instances? Of course. That doesn't negate all the years of great play he's given this team, not to mention all the dedicated time to the community and the city. Just wait. When he's gone maybe some will change their minds. I'd like to know how much of the success we had over the years he's been here have been because of him. The answer is a lot. This team has relied on Miller heavily for years and he's almost always consistently given it solid play, even a Vezina-winning season. He's been arguably the team MVP in many seasons since our last ECF appearance. For the last season or two now he's being thrown to the curb by the same fans who he's been so beloved by for so long.

I hope he does get the hell out of here. I hope we ship him to a contender. He deserves it. He deserves to have a chance at winning it all and it isn't happening here. He could be the missing piece on a contending team. He's certainly good enough. As painful as it'll be to see him go, I feel he's done everything he could for this franchise and it's time he has the chance to succeed elsewhere while he's still young enough. Of course he's frustrated with the season and where the team is. He's a human being and it shows he actually gives a damn. Why are we all frustrated? Because our team's not winning games and hasn't been a great team in quite a long time. Of course we want the team to do well, that's why we watch this sport and have a team to support. Doesn't anyone think Miller wants his team to win and the frustration he's expressed has come out because he actually cares? Or is the general consensus that he's jumped ship? Like I said before, he wouldn't express being ticked off if he didn't care anymore about this team getting better.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:58 AM
omglolnub

Miller's taking the Hasek Express out of B-Lo(w) this summer and the return will be less than satisfactory for the Sabres faithful here. Mark my words.

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:35 AM
Grahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Hopefully.

Enroth/Hackett will be fine and a lot cheaper
And if they don't work out we also has Leggio...

There is no denying Miller makes our team better than all our other options though. At least for next season.

Last edited by Grahn: 04-20-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Grahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Hasek

Why would anyone trade him after he lets in 4 goals. Play him the rest of the season and hopefully he gets a shutout every game and then we trade him so that the fanboys cry about trading away a superstar goalie.

Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:27 AM
oldgoalie
In rebuild hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
The fair weather fans will continue to piss and moan about Miller until he's eventually run out of town. Those people are mostly the fan boys who have supposedly cheered him and the team on when both have done well and are naturally the first to quickly turn on him as soon as things don't go the right way. Give me a break. Has Miller handled things in the best way at all times over the years (especially with the media and now the fans)? No. Should he have been more selective with the way he has voiced his opinion in certain instances? Of course. That doesn't negate all the years of great play he's given this team, not to mention all the dedicated time to the community and the city. Just wait. When he's gone maybe some will change their minds. I'd like to know how much of the success we had over the years he's been here have been because of him. The answer is a lot. This team has relied on Miller heavily for years and he's almost always consistently given it solid play, even a Vezina-winning season. He's been arguably the team MVP in many seasons since our last ECF appearance. For the last season or two now he's being thrown to the curb by the same fans who he's been so beloved by for so long.

I hope he does get the hell out of here. I hope we ship him to a contender. He deserves it. He deserves to have a chance at winning it all and it isn't happening here. He could be the missing piece on a contending team. He's certainly good enough. As painful as it'll be to see him go, I feel he's done everything he could for this franchise and it's time he has the chance to succeed elsewhere while he's still young enough. Of course he's frustrated with the season and where the team is. He's a human being and it shows he actually gives a damn. Why are we all frustrated? Because our team's not winning games and hasn't been a great team in quite a long time. Of course we want the team to do well, that's why we watch this sport and have a team to support. Doesn't anyone think Miller wants his team to win and the frustration he's expressed has come out because he actually cares? Or is the general consensus that he's jumped ship? Like I said before, he wouldn't express being ticked off if he didn't care anymore about this team getting better.
I love you, man.

Well said. Thank you.

oldgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:49 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahn View Post
And if they don't work out we also has Leggio...

They're is no denying Miller makes our team better than all our other options though. At least for next season.
You can probably get by with 1 of the 3 as your starter or a 50/50 split if your team is fantastic.

Our team is far from it.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:41 AM
CrankyJay

We have *******s for fans...

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:44 AM
ottsabrefan

Quote:

100% agreed. Well said. Fans will be in for a rude awakening when he is gone.

ottsabrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 08:51 AM
zero39

Quote:

Great post. It's embarrassing to see classless fans mocking a guy who has given his all for years. The fans here suck. It wasn't always this way. I go back to the beginning with the Sabres. They used to have great fans that would rock the Aud. Now the grumpy fans sit silently on their hands until they find a reason to boo or mock the team. Doug Allen gets a bigger cheer at the beginning of the game than any player. In recent years I have attended games in Washington and Carolina. I have been amazed at how much more enthusiastic in support of their team the fans in those places are, compared to the Buffalo crowd. Yeah, yeah, everyone is disappointed in the Sabres underachieving and Regier sucks, I've heard all that. Somehow, with all of that, many fans still find a way to support the team and get behind the players.

And spare me the "I pay for the ticket, I have the right to boo" speech. I agree with you, you do. And the "They make millions, they can take the heat from the fans". Yep, they do. But they are still human beings and deserving of respect, not mockery. So boo away, "great Sabres fans". I bought a ticket too, and that entitles me to think that you're a jerk when you boo a rookie defenseman and a Vezina-winning goalie.

zero39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:04 AM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero39 View Post
And spare me the "I pay for the ticket, I have the right to boo" speech. I agree with you, you do. And the "They make millions, they can take the heat from the fans". Yep, they do. But they are still human beings and deserving of respect, not mockery. So boo away, "great Sabres fans". I bought a ticket too, and that entitles me to think that you're a jerk when you boo a rookie defenseman and a Vezina-winning goalie.
Kind of wish these people would do everyone a favor and just sell their tickets.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote