HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bennett, Despres among those featured in Pittsburgh Penguins prospect awards

Old
05-02-2013, 05:35 PM
HF Article

vCash: 500
Bennett, Despres among those featured in Pittsburgh Penguins prospect awards

The Pittsburgh Penguins had numerous prospects with standout seasons this year, but few if any rivaled the performances of NHL rookies Simon Despres and Beau Bennett. Drafted in 2009 and 2010 respectively, Bennett and Despres were instrumental in helping the team to a 36-12 record.

The organization also saw positive growth from many of their prospects playing in the CHL and NCAA levels. Below are the winners of the Hockey's Future Penguins prospect awards.  

Prospect of the Year: Beau Bennett, RW/LW, Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL)

Bennett exceeded all expectations in his first season of professional hockey. Following two seasons at the University of Denver, he joined the Penguins AHL affiliate and was immediately the top player on their minor-league squad.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Solution

I enjoyed reading this article but was wondering about what determined the categories. for example hardest shot, but nothing about best stick handler. Things like that. I realize if that was done the artcile would be huge, but I was just curious.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the write up and all of the details.

Marcantuoni is interesting. I saw him play early on in the season and he looked good. I think putting him on a checking line has regressed him a little bit. He has poise, pretty good stick handling and passing ability. Maybe not at a star level but as a fast, defensive valve that enhances a stars game. I do think he has some strength and conditioning issues though. He always seems to wear out as the season goes on or gets hurt and miss huge chunks of the year.

Does anyone have any info on Uher?

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote