HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MAY 6: Neal, Orpik work in full gear during optional practice

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2013, 08:49 AM
SteelFish87*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
He rolled on it pretty badly from the looks of it. That ankle is gonna swell up like a ****** over the next few days. Not expecting Neal back any time soon to be quite honest...

Any word on Jokinen? I'm hoping that knee on knee wasn't too severe...
im expecting Neal to play soon

Jokinen didnt even get hit in the knee. he has a charlie-horse at worst

bunch of pessimists here

Old
05-02-2013, 08:51 AM
eagleeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
im expecting Neal to play soon

Jokinen didnt even get hit in the knee. he has a charlie-horse at worst

bunch of pessimists here
Did you just look at that GIF? I really really doubt he will be back this series.

Jokinen on the other hand, I think he'll play tomorrow. More of a stinger.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

Let the speculation begin!

Old
05-02-2013, 08:53 AM
SteelFish87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
Did you just look at that GIF? I really really doubt he will be back this series.

Jokinen on the other hand, I think he'll play tomorrow. More of a stinger.
Yeah. if its so bad why did he come out for another shift? He'll be fine, sprained ankle

Jokinen has a stinger? in his shoulder? lol, he faked the injury cuz he knew it was a dirty attempt. Guarantee he's fine

Old
05-02-2013, 08:56 AM
eagleeyes

Quote:
Yeah. if its so bad why did he come out for another shift? He'll be fine, sprained ankle

Jokinen has a stinger? in his shoulder? lol, he faked the injury cuz he knew it was a dirty attempt. Guarantee he's fine
Because it's playoffs and he wants to play. That's why he came back out.

Shoulder? No.. his ankle from the ankle to ankle which they are calling a knee to knee. Lol Yeah I know he'll be fine.

Old
05-02-2013, 08:59 AM
SteelFish87*

Quote:
Shoulder? No.. his ankle from the ankle to ankle which they are calling a knee to knee. Lol Yeah I know he'll be fine.
He got hit in the shin. It's called a charlie-horse. You shake it off and are fine after 5 minutes

Old
05-02-2013, 09:00 AM
mpp9

No disrespect to Neal, but if Beau takes his spot, let him stay out for as long as needed. Excellent opportunity for the rookie.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

At least they have the wing depth this year to overcome the injury. Jussi is another candidate to move to the wing when Sid returns. That's assuming Jussi's injury isn't worse than it looked (didn't look bad).

Old
05-02-2013, 09:05 AM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Let the speculation begin!
lines! SPECULATION! Lines!! speculation! LINES!!! SPECULATION!!!! LINES! SPECULATION!!!!!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/fo...aysprune=&f=23

Old
05-02-2013, 09:06 AM
OGBobbyFarnham

Uggh at that gif.
Only hope is that he didn't have alot of weight on that skate seeing as he was launched in the air and tilted backwards.

Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett
Dupuis-Jokinen-Iginla
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Adams-Kennedy

If Jokinen's out too.

Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett
Dupuis-Jeffrey-Iginla
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Adams-Kennedy

You could insert Vitale and move the centers up as well but...

Old
05-02-2013, 09:09 AM
nTsplnk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
lines! SPECULATION! Lines!! speculation! LINES!!! SPECULATION!!!! LINES! SPECULATION!!!!!

Old
05-02-2013, 09:15 AM
eagleeyes

Quote:
He got hit in the shin. It's called a charlie-horse. You shake it off and are fine after 5 minutes
You realize that the last part of that comment was completely useless since I agreed that he would be fine.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Ray Shero*

Quote:
That was such a weird hit... why did his leg extend behind Neal's... Normally the legs come together when you hit someone along the boards.
Because we're the Penguins and we'll get the worst scenario possible.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:50 AM
rban*

These injuries are getting out of hand. Seems like Pens will win this series either way, but ya gotta be worried for future series..

Old
05-02-2013, 09:54 AM
AquaticBirdman

The way I see it Sid will be back for game 2. The injuries to both Neal and Jokinen will likely force the doctor's hand into clearing him for action, especially seeing as how Sid has felt good to go for about a week now. If both Jussi and Neal are out next game then these are the lines I think DB will go with:

Kuni-Sid-Dupuis
Bennett-Geno-Iggy
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Adams-Kennedy

I personally think Jokinen will be back soon though after seeing the replay of the collision a couple more times. Neal on the other hand...

Old
05-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Jacob

vCash: 549
That's not how doctors work.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post

Nailed it.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:11 AM
PensFanSince1989

Well, Neal doesn't skate all that much anyways. Just plant him in a sniping position and let's go.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:18 AM
FinProspects

All I know that if he played one shift after the sprain, the injury cannot be THAT bad. I´ve had pretty much similar ankle sprains couple of times and the pain after that is just unbearable. My ankle swolled and I could not run for few weeks. But the pain right after the sprain was terrible and it would be unimaginale to skate after that...or Neal has way much better pain tolerance than I do hmm, thats probably true to be honest.. Ok, we are screwed, again.

BTW when was the last time a player from Pens did not have as bad injury as it was first diagnosed? It seems that if some player is projected to be out for a "few" weeks, he is gonna be out at least 2 weeks, most likely three. In Crosbys case few weeks=month. When was the last time we were positively suprised that some of our player got healthier way before anyone thought he would be? Like for example Karlsson.. His Achilles Tendon was cut badly, at LEAST 6months recovery time.. Then, a MIRACLE happens and he is back in playoffs after missing 2,5months... Wait.. what?

Frustrating.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinProspects View Post
All I know that if he played one shift after the sprain, the injury cannot be THAT bad. I´ve had pretty much similar ankle sprains couple of times and the pain after that is just unbearable. My ankle swolled and I could not run for few weeks. But the pain right after the sprain was terrible and it would be unimaginale to skate after that...or Neal has way much better pain tolerance than I do hmm, thats probably true to be honest.. Ok, we are screwed, again.

BTW when was the last time a player from Pens did not have as bad injury as it was first diagnosed? It seems that if some player is projected to be out for a "few" weeks, he is gonna be out at least 2 weeks, most likely three. In Crosbys case few weeks=month. When was the last time we were positively suprised that some of our player got healthier way before anyone thought he would be? Like for example Karlsson.. His Achilles Tendon was cut badly, at LEAST 6months recovery time.. Then, a MIRACLE happens and he is back in playoffs after missing 2,5months... Wait.. what?

Frustrating.
Well Paul Martin ended up being a best case scenario in terms of recovery time. Before that I actually think it might have been James Neal's "broken foot" or whatever it was that was supposed to keep him out for a bunch of time last year.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I have seen players play after spraining their ankles. Roethlisberger returned to a game after spraining his ankle against the Browns but he then went on to miss a bunch of games after that. He also looked in noticeably more pain than Neal did. Crosby and Fleury also looked in far more pain when they sprained their ankles a few years ago. Sid needed help just walking down the runway and went on to miss over a month of games. Neal is either unbelievably tough or maybe he got lucky and didn't sprain it that bad.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 2m
Jokinen, injured later in Game 1, is on the ice for practice.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:42 AM
ericstrat1

Sid just needs to see Dr Ted Carrick again- a few more gyroscope treatments and his jaw will be fixed and good to go for Friday!

Old
05-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Jokinen on the ice for practice

Old
05-02-2013, 10:45 AM
tjm5054

The gif does look bad, but it might not be so bad...I would bet the first portion of that bend we see is the top of his skate, where its the loosest and has some give, followed by his ankle. Still looks bad, but maybe not as bad as it initially looks and the fact that Neal gave it a go after the incident.

I think he'll be out a few games, but will for sure be in the start of the 2nd series if we get there.

Closed Thread