HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Av's Set Panthers Price To Get MacKinnon

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Av's Set Panthers Price To Get MacKinnon

DENVER POST’s Adrian Dater reports the following via Sulia: “Speculation heating up that Florida really wants (Nathan) MacKinnon. But Avs own the first pick. So they’d need to give up something off roster to make Avs do a swap to No. 2. The Avs I’m hearing want Erik Gudbranson, a young D. That probably is asking too much, but I hear that’s the price for now.”

Though I would do Guddy and our SECOND ROUNDER for the Av's Pick.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:11 AM
billysbreakdown

yeaaaaahhh, no

Old
06-25-2013, 08:15 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

I'm leaning towards no. But, I would really think about it. It might make us look pretty desperate if we traded Guddy this early in his career.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
I'm leaning towards no. But, I would really think about it. It might make us look pretty desperate if we traded Guddy this early in his career.
I would have no problem in dealing Guddy+ for the First Pick if we would retain our top pick. Jones would replace him. Thing is, Col seems uninterested in any deal that leaves them out of Top Four.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:23 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Old news. Avs writer is just trolling.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:30 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

According to CBC, Patrick Roy said the Avs will take Nathan and start the season with him as their 3rd line center. Looks like Stasny is going to be moved?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/94...n-overall-pick

Huberdeau + MacKinnon would have been so great for us.. Guess we're going with Jones. Feel like this draft is gonna sting so much for us. I don't care how good Jones is. Reality is he can't single-handedly make us better next season.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:32 AM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Old news. Avs writer is just trolling.
Old news indeed.

And we already have a thread on the subject.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1449677

Then there's the draft thread.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1409659

No need to make a new one on every turn of events.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
According to CBC, Patrick Roy said the Avs will take Nathan and start the season with him as their 3rd line center. Looks like Stasny is going to be moved?

Huberdeau + MacKinnon would have been so great for us.. Guess we're going with Jones. Feel like this draft is gonna sting so much for us. I don't care how good Jones is. Reality is he can't single-handedly make us better next season.
I hope Tallon isn't thinking of replacing Weiss with Stastny(1y remaining on a $6.75mil a year contract). I would rather sign Weiss long term at $5mil per.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Laus723
Future Now

GP and his sensationalism.

06-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
GP and his sensationalism.
Me and Fox News!

Old
06-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Crossbar

Quote:

Neither would MacKinnon, Barkov or Drouin. Tallon needs to upgrade the veteran talent and not rely on so many of these kids (Hubs, Bjugs, Shore, Howden, ect)

Old
06-25-2013, 09:26 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar View Post
Neither would MacKinnon, Barkov or Drouin. Tallon needs to upgrade the veteran talent and not rely on so many of these kids (Hubs, Bjugs, Shore, Howden, ect)
Upgrading veteran talent = inviting Kovalev to camp

Old
06-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Pantherfan12

Well Mackinnon COULD single-handedly help this team *if* and when our team is 100% healthy. Same with any top draft pick I guess.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:45 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Id rather draft jones and trade kulikov for couturier.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:47 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Gudbranson and #2 is ridiculous. Screw them, its just a shake down. And if they take mackinnon then you take jones and be done with it. If you are gonna pay for the pick, its worth the #2 and a middle-ish prospect at best.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

I still think this is a bluff and they'll take Jones

Old
06-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
I still think this is a bluff and they'll take Jones
I wish you were right but I think they definitely take Mac. I also think that if Mac didn't have those two hat trick at the mem cup, they'd be picking Jones.

-ghoste

Old
06-25-2013, 11:09 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

to me it smells like a bluff. the fact that they have their whole top brass out there announcing the pick and the fact that theyve set a price for the pick, both say to me they want to trade down and get jones. but if its not a bluff, then you take drouin or jones. but under no circumstance do you give up a blue chip player like guds and the #2. i might get a prospect like Robak and the #2. but certainly not guds.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
to me it smells like a bluff. the fact that they have their whole top brass out there announcing the pick and the fact that theyve set a price for the pick, both say to me they want to trade down and get jones. but if its not a bluff, then you take drouin or jones. but under no circumstance do you give up a blue chip player like guds and the #2. i might get a prospect like Robak and the #2. but certainly not guds.
Exactly! If we don't get Mac, fine. I'd take Jones at that point and you have a bruising nasty defense for the next 15 years. No way we trade Guds to move up 1 spot to take a player that the Avs may not take. When we drafted Bouw at #3, it took nothing more than an option to switch picks in '03 and IIRC a mid round pick to Atlanta to guarantee they didn't take him at #2.

Last edited by Desert Panther: 06-25-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old
06-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Boooooth10

I really doubt they're bluffing. Seems like it would be a giant slap in the face to their fans by hyping mackinnon then go with someone else. Who knows though. I'm not used to hearing a GM being so vocal like this before.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:27 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
Exactly! If we don't get Mac, fine. I'd take Jones at that point and you have a bruising nasty defense for the next 15 years. No way we trade Guds to move up 1 spot to take a player that the Avs may not take. When we drafted Bouw at #3, it took nothing more than an option to switch picks in '03 and IIRC a mid round pick to Atlanta to guarantee they didn't take him at #2.
Except Jones doesn't have a physical game though, at least not yet.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:34 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Jones is a great player and will be a great NHLer, but taking another d-man in the first round, AGAIN.. I know I'm going to feel screwed after this draft is all over. So many potential first-line players in the first round and we're in line to pick another.. freaking.. defenseman. It's not even DT's fault. We have to pick Jones or we look stupid to the majority of the hockey world. This franchise's luck is just, wow.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:36 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
I really doubt they're bluffing. Seems like it would be a giant slap in the face to their fans by hyping mackinnon then go with someone else. Who knows though. I'm not used to hearing a GM being so vocal like this before.
i dont see it as a slap in the face to the fans. im a vikings fan, and in the 2012 draft our gm was announcing left and right that he would probably take a cornerback or receiver instead of matt kalil, a left tackle. all the fans wanted kalil, but our gm kept selling cb or wr. he then convinced cleveland that we had offers from teams to move up for trent richardson and that he was going to take them because one of the players he wanted, (lt or wr or cb) would be available. so cleveland gave him 2 or 3 picks to swap one spot where we ended up taking matt kalil, the player we wanted all along. i see the move as brilliant. because everyone will see it for what it was, extortion. you move down, get the player you wanted all along, get extra draft picks, its beautiful.

so the question is this, if they really want mackinnon, why not just say "were taking mackinnon and the pick is not for sale unless someone offers us a ridiculous amount of compensation"? my answer is because they know they can get their guy by swapping with us, and they just wanna walk away with something extra. if that something extra is robak, do it (and give the lottery the middle finger for costing us robak). but if the something extra is guds, then hell no.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:37 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Jones is a great player and will be a great NHLer, but taking another d-man in the first round, AGAIN.. I know I'm going to feel screwed after this draft is all over. So many potential first-line players in the first round and we're in line to pick another.. freaking.. defenseman. It's not even DT's fault. We have to pick Jones or we look stupid to the majority of the hockey world. This franchise is unreal.
i think they go drouin if mac goes #1 personally. im sure theyll be able to find someone to put between hubs and drouin in the next couple of years

Old
06-25-2013, 11:38 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Jones is a great player and will be a great NHLer, but taking another d-man in the first round, AGAIN.. I know I'm going to feel screwed after this draft is all over. So many potential first-line players in the first round and we're in line to pick another.. freaking.. defenseman. It's not even DT's fault. We have to pick Jones or we look stupid to the majority of the hockey world. This franchise's luck is just, wow.
Why? Jones isn't the consensus 1/2 pick?

Some scouts have him at 4th overall.

There's been talk that Barkov, Drouin could of been #1 picks in previous drafts...

We don't have to pick Jones. He isn't the clear cut 2nd best player in the draft.

Closed Thread