HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chance to see the Greatest Team

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

vCash: 500
Chance to see the Greatest Team

ESPN Classic Canada is showing the 1976 Finals Game 4 between the Flyers and the Canadiens. Most hockey experts claim the 76 Canadiens are the greatest team of all-time, they will be on this weekend.

Old
04-30-2005, 06:44 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
ESPN Classic Canada is showing the 1976 Finals Game 4 between the Flyers and the Canadiens. Most hockey experts claim the 76 Canadiens are the greatest team of all-time, they will be on this weekend.
They are on right now.. Man brings back a lot of memories

Old
04-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
They are on right now.. Man brings back a lot of memories
That was great to watch! Danny Gallivan was unreal....wish there were a few of him around today. Loved the no helmets and when the whole team poured off the bench when a big goal was scored best.

Old
04-30-2005, 08:09 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
That was great to watch! Danny Gallivan was unreal....wish there were a few of him around today. Loved the no helmets and when the whole team poured off the bench when a big goal was scored best.
Not to sound ignorant.. but I'm wondering if you were around back then? Anyways yeah that was a great game. Lafleur was his usual great self making incredible plays with his vision that not many players have had. Cournoyer was his usual self getting breakaways and rushes every 5 seconds. Mahovlich great big guy.. at the end of his career and scored a backhand goal. We missed a lot of chances though. Our players were missing the net a lot especially in the second and third period. Our defense was great too. Dryden was good and a little lucky. Stephenson had a good game too. His weakness is backhand shots though, he let in like 3 backhand goals. Gainey played his heart out too. Philly played good but it just showed that there cup reign is over. Anyways great memories man i miss those days

Old
04-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Not to sound ignorant.. but I'm wondering if you were around back then? Anyways yeah that was a great game. Lafleur was his usual great self making incredible plays with his vision that not many players have had. Cournoyer was his usual self getting breakaways and rushes every 5 seconds. Mahovlich great big guy.. at the end of his career and scored a backhand goal. We missed a lot of chances though. Our players were missing the net a lot especially in the second and third period. Our defense was great too. Dryden was good and a little lucky. Stephenson had a good game too. His weakness is backhand shots though, he let in like 3 backhand goals. Gainey played his heart out too. Philly played good but it just showed that there cup reign is over. Anyways great memories man i miss those days
Yeah I am in my 40s so I was around back then. I can remember back to the late '60s when Beliveau, Worsley, J.C. Tremblay, etc...use to play.

Dryden played his best in the early '70s, by the late decade he was good but no longer great. I think his law degree was just as more important to him as hockey

Closed Thread