How's Potvin doing?

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 07:17 PM
jfont

vCash: 500
Awards:
How's Potvin doing?

Felix has always started really slow when he was with the kings but turned it on in the 2nd half. i know he got trashed his first game, how'd he do afterwards?

09-24-2003, 07:24 PM
BostonGrl819

7 goals

Old
09-24-2003, 08:23 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Based on his two performences this preseason, the wonderful wonderful Cat has seemed to have depleted his supply in that bag of tricks of his....

Old
09-24-2003, 08:39 PM
stungun

oh yeah uhmmm Cujo please......

Old
09-25-2003, 01:24 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
The Cat wont be getting 9 lives here

If you think we are a bit *concerned* then imagine what its like at the Fleece offices when the hockey assembling talent gather to discuss what the heck is going on. My take is the waiver draft will be a huge day. But at this time which way the Broons go depends on how the Cat plays the next 3 or so exhibition games. I don't know the exact terms of the Cat's contract but its not a big bite in gaurenteed money- they can swallow it if they have to. A couple of more bad ass games and I can see Burke being persued heavily again on Waiver Day approaches. I haven't read if and how Burke's playing, what the Yotes protection of goalies 'really' is (I read a post or was told by someone they have 3 goalies that require protection but only can take 2. Is that true? I expect Cujo out there BUT the Broons may send out there team doctor and pull an 11:55 deadline and make a player deal (Lapointe? and even Potvin or Shields contract albeit small thrown in) Conjecture on my part

I also think Boynton will be back within week. MOC talks of massaging the figure and if Boynton's injury gives them a casual this is not a big deal holdout spin. Bottom line, the Broons like US sometimes have to bend a bit today when we didn't yesterday in life. This is one of those times.

Next week we may have Boynton playing D and Burke or Cujo in net BECAUSE MOC is not putting his career and others in the hands of a RUSTY or DONE????? Potvin. Take it to the bank- this cat may soon be out of the bag, err, net.

Old
09-25-2003, 01:43 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH

Next week we may have Boynton playing D and Burke or Cujo in net BECAUSE MOC is not putting his career and others in the hands of a RUSTY or DONE????? Potvin. Take it to the bank- this cat may soon be out of the bag, err, net.

this says it all for me man... I really believe it's MOC 's arse if this whole thing falls apart.

And also I have no problem with him at least trying Potvin first. I didn't love the signing but didn't hate it either.
It was worth a roll of the dice for nothing but a relative few bucks..

If the braintrust thinks Potvin is toast... hey... who's next ?

Personally I'm still all for Burke for a year ..

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
09-25-2003, 02:25 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
this says it all for me man... I really believe it's MOC 's arse if this whole thing falls apart.

And also I have no problem with him at least trying Potvin first. I didn't love the signing but didn't hate it either.
It was worth a roll of the dice for nothing but a relative few bucks..

If the braintrust thinks Potvin is toast... hey... who's next ?

Personally I'm still all for Burke for a year ..
The funny part is all of the people who said Potvin was ten times better than Burke, b/c he had more recent playoff experience...
Frankly, I didn't think Potvin would be this bad and was actually routing for him (and you)...

Old
09-25-2003, 02:29 AM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
It's hard for me to make any judgments right yet because I haven't seen any of the games. However, being outscored 18-5 does leave reason to be concerned. What I'm wondering is:

- Is it the defense? If so, why? Are they too slow, poorly positioned or what?

- How undisciplined is the team playing? Are they following their coverages? Are they organized? How well do they transition up ice? How well do they forecheck?

- What about the coaching? What kind of gameplan does Sullivan have? How well is he translating it to the ice? What role does MacIver play? Do players know their roles well enough?

- Just how poorly is the goaltending of Potvin? Is he having technical problems? What does the the new goalie consultant, Bob Essensa (who doesn't have any experience) make of it?

It's probably reasonable to assume it's a combination of things. What I am curious to see is to what degree there are fundamental problems, and to what degree this is a product of preseason normalities. We may not know the real answer for weeks. Either way, Sullie has to get control of things and the players have to step up and start grabbing these games by the kahunas.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:56 AM
brianscot

Well the newspapers say that the Bruins were brutal in their own end, so perhaps Potvin can receive some slack.

It is notable, however, that Raycroft played much more effectively in the same game.

Two games does not a goalie's season make. I'll worry if he's still playing this way 10 starts into the regular season.

Closed Thread