HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils vs. Rangers, 3pm, NBC

Old
04-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Czech Trio

vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure after every Ranger loss somebody makes a new thread suggesting a new blockbuster trade on their board.

Czech Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

I am enjoying the comedy....

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayne Staley View Post
I am enjoying the comedy....
Yup sit back, grab a beer and watch the hilarity ensue. Good stuff

Benedict Parisechuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:42 PM
**** Farise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfSeanAvery View Post
Calm down; I was merely being objective. Clarkson is a poor man's Avery, and that's being very generous.
If you're comparing them on just their "pest" level, sure.

If you're comparing them on playmaking, Avery wins again.

If you're comparing them on overall hockey player? L, O, ****ING L. There's a reason Avery isn't in the league anymore. And it's not because he's so much better than Clarkson. (And note my username, I'm not the worlds biggest Clarkson fan). Without question the most ridiculous thing I've read on these boards...and I've been here a while.

**** Farise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:44 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Chere is grade a trash. To hell with him and this worthless joke of a season. 48 games of bull ****. Worst thing to come out of this is that I honestly think less of our first cup after this ordeal. I know that's not going to be popular around here, but this type of season is a joke. It can't be avoided. There is no integrity in a season like this. Just the way I feel. Was too young in 95 to give a **** about how lame missing half the season really is.
The difference between '95 and this year is you didn't have the loser point and the shootout. That helps further increase parity, which has gone up exponentially in the last two decades anyway.

Point being you're going to see nuttier results this year (Isles, Toronto, a skeleton Ottawa team and maybe Columbus making it) than you did in '95, when 14 of the 16 teams who made the playoffs in '94 went back in '95. I still wouldn't say it's illegitimate though, every team plays with the same rules, the playoff format itself is the same.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPass2Clarkson View Post
If you're comparing them on just their "pest" level, sure.

If you're comparing them on playmaking, Avery wins again.

If you're comparing them on overall hockey player? L, O, ****ING L. There's a reason Avery isn't in the league anymore. And it's not because he's so much better than Clarkson. (And note my username, I'm not the worlds biggest Clarkson fan). Without question the most ridiculous thing I've read on these boards...and I've been here a while.
Career AHLer brah. Hey atleast Clarkson would play in the AHL instead of quit because no one wants him

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Sarge18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfSeanAvery View Post
Calm down; I was merely being objective. Clarkson is a poor man's Avery, and that's being very generous.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2011/02/_how_do_you_guys.html

Sarge18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

This team sucks.

If we won this game... And the last Rangers game, we would have been tied for 8th. One measly point in any other game besides these 2 would have guaranteed us the 8th seed.

What a bunch of losers.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
The difference between '95 and this year is you didn't have the loser point and the shootout. That helps further increase parity, which has gone up exponentially in the last two decades anyway.

Point being you're going to see nuttier results this year (Isles, Toronto, a skeleton Ottawa team and maybe Columbus making it) than you did in '95, when 14 of the 16 teams who made the playoffs in '94 went back in '95. I still wouldn't say it's illegitimate though, every team plays with the same rules, the playoff format itself is the same.
That's true what you're saying, but I don't know. You watch hockey long enough and you know that the real fun starts around game 50 or so. It just feels ass backwards this year.

Sir Fenwick Corsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 06:58 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

lol at that goofball Stan asking Clarkson if he was going to root for the Isles or Rangers in the playoffs, like who cares (he took a pass on that one). He'd probably be rooting for the farquing Leafs anyway

Old
04-27-2013, 07:03 PM
rtr1105
1995 2000 2003

Well I know we're all in offseason mode at this point, but since this is our last GDT for a while, I guess I'll share my thoughts on this game.

Okay, the lack of effort was obvious. I would've liked to go out with a bang and beat the Rags but they actually gave an effort and killed us. I'll just hope for the Sens to knock the Rags into 7th so they play Boston instead of Washington. Anyways, this team had no chemistry today. CBGB was off. Turned the puck over and couldn't establish their usual energy. I honestly thought that Elias-Zajac-Clarkson was our best line today. Zajac has returned to his normal self over the last few weeks and Clarkson wasn't making boneheaded plays for once. Elias was probably the only guy holding that line back today, which is the opposite of what one would expect to happen. Henrique was one of the guys I noticed giving a lot of effort out there. Made some good back checks, showed good two-way play. And Volch was actually one of our better defenders today. Greene and Larsson both sucked. I saw Greene struggle to hold the zone on one or two slow rolling pucks that a pee wee player could've kept in. Larsson looked bad on two goals. Very surprising to see that from the two of them.

rtr1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Quo View Post
lol @ Sean Avery being better than Clarkson. OKAY! I've heard it all now.
Wow that was one of the dumbest posts ever. Tops the Zucarello being better than clarkson post from last week Wow clarkson a poor mans Avery? Jesus.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 07:18 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

btw assuming a Flyers point tonight, the Devils will finish in last place for the first time since 1987 - the year before Lou came aboard.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

Quote:
btw assuming a Flyers point tonight, the Devils will finish in last place for the first time since 1987 - the year before Lou came aboard.
Pathetic..

Old
04-27-2013, 07:39 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
My personal favorite is:

"It's hilarious how much Devils fans hate us, I mean we don't hate them nearly as much.. They hate us more than they like the Devils"

Then you go into their GDT, their trade proposal thread, their out of town scoreboard and their off-topic thread and all you see is comments about the Devils. Marty especially! But he's just an average goalie ya know.
Just listen to their fans at any Devils Rangers game. It's ALL about Marty. Hemroid is an afterthought.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Devils Dominion
Shero is my Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
Just listen to their fans at any Devils Rangers game. It's ALL about Marty. Hemroid is an afterthought.
They hate Marty and the Devils out of jealousy.

They have seen Marty and the Devils win 3 Cups and make 5 Finals all since they won in 1994.

Last year's ECF was extremenly painful for their fanbase to take as well.
They were oh so close, but old man Marty bested their "in his prime" netminder in 6 games, in a series they thought they would waltz through.

They have a better team than us now, but that does not say much.
We stunk this season.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:07 PM
devilsblood

How weird is it that 2 or our worst effort games this season were against the Rag's. Just plain listlessness. Even during the depths of the losing streak the effort tended to be solid, we often outplayed the opposition. But against our heated rivals?

Puzzling.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:15 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
How weird is it that 2 or our worst effort games this season were against the Rag's. Just plain listlessness. Even during the depths of the losing streak the effort tended to be solid, we often outplayed the opposition. But against our heated rivals?

Puzzling.
Well this one you could see coming a mile away. Road game against a team that wanted the game to get out of the #8 seed. Last Sunday was a little more disconcerting considering they were still alive at that point, but effort wasn't getting them more goals. They need more offensive talent - up front and on the blueline - pure and simple.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:23 PM
njdevilsftw

I bet parise scoring the game winning goal that gets the wild into the playoffs

njdevilsftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsftw View Post
I bet parise scoring the game winning goal that gets the wild into the playoffs
Setoguchi has the GWG right now

Old
04-27-2013, 08:38 PM
DevilsTilIDie

going to both of these MSG rags games has been horrible. The entire game today they kept chanting 'we want marty'. WHY?! WHO CARES! Obnoxious pests. The only good thing I got out of going was getting Doc's autograph and thanking him for all the years.

DevilsTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Yup, I wasn't that far off when I said this is the worst Devils team I've seen in my lifetime. Stanley Cup Finals to last in the Atlantic. Good work boys

Old
04-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsTilIDie View Post
going to both of these MSG rags games has been horrible. The entire game today they kept chanting 'we want marty'. WHY?! WHO CARES! Obnoxious pests. The only good thing I got out of going was getting Doc's autograph and thanking him for all the years.
My heart go's out to you. That must have been quite an experience.

Old
04-27-2013, 08:53 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
I'm hoping the Flyers get that point.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:02 PM
dk3790

Quote:
And...this is the year before Lou leaves most likely. Scary to think about, but the guy is like 90 he can't be gm forever lol.

dk3790 is offline   Reply With Quote