HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines when healthy

Old
07-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Ruston*

vCash: 500
Kuba's offing tells me DT believes in his prospects and believes they need to play in the NHL at some point, so I'm thinking this move was made to accelerate the arrival time of Robak & Petrovic.

Colby has put in the time. He should get first dibs. Besides, he's susceptible to waivers now.

Kulikov and Gudbranson are already in the show. Campbell isn't retiring any time soon. Robak and Petrovic are due up next, followed by Mattheson in a few years to round out the blueline.

Team is going nowhere soon, so let the kids get a taste of the NHL. If nothing else, it let's you see if they can even hang, and if they can't, you draft/trade for their replacement ASAP.

Ruston* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
Haha, thanks fp.

-ghoste

Ghoste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruston View Post
Kuba's offing tells me DT believes in his prospects and believes they need to play in the NHL at some point, so I'm thinking this move was made to accelerate the arrival time of Robak & Petrovic.

Colby has put in the time. He should get first dibs. Besides, he's susceptible to waivers now.

Kulikov and Gudbranson are already in the show. Campbell isn't retiring any time soon. Robak and Petrovic are due up next, followed by Mattheson in a few years to round out the blueline.

Team is going nowhere soon, so let the kids get a taste of the NHL. If nothing else, it let's you see if they can even hang, and if they can't, you draft/trade for their replacement ASAP.
I'm sorry but I don't get this. These two are not on the same level IMO.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:28 AM
RainingRats

Wont Caruso and Robak have to go through waivers to play in the AHL? Like what happened with Grabner, right?

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Crossbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruston View Post

Other than losing Garrison in free agency, the D is pretty much the same core when we made the playoffs (Soupy, Guds, Kuli, Weaver, Jovo). Strachan played great during that stretch, but stunk it up last season. DT probably hopes one of Petro/Robak will replace what Stratch/Ellerby did for us that season, but the Kuba experiment was nothing close to replacing Garrison. Now that Kuba is gone, I fully expect DT to find someone else in FA market or trade, especially after not drafting Seth Jones and trading away Brennan....we'll see.

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:45 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Wont Caruso and Robak have to go through waivers to play in the AHL? Like what happened with Grabner, right?
Bingo, but I would bet that Caruso would clear waivers. If someone claimed Thomas Hickey then I'm sure someone would claim Robak.

That said, I believe Tallon in what he said about waiting till August to try and sign someone. I'm thinking it'll be like when we signed Seidenberg as a free agent for 1 yr and an affordable contract around $2M.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:52 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Bingo, but I would bet that Caruso would clear waivers. If someone claimed Thomas Hickey then I'm sure someone would claim Robak.

That said, I believe Tallon in what he said about waiting till August to try and sign someone. I'm thinking it'll be like when we signed Seidenberg as a free agent for 1 yr and an affordable contract around $2M.
I could see someone like Edmonton having an interest in Caruso or Robak. Maybe even Colorado.

Seidenberg was a great signing.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Crossbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Ballard's best years were with FLA he should have fond memories
Barker just a depth D man, but a top 3 pick must be able to figure it out sometime?
If he gave up on Skille, he probably won't consider Barker, at least I hope not!

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post

Yeah, and in the event that we aren't in the playoff race, he can be moved for a pick.

-ghoste

Last edited by Ghoste: 07-04-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Ghoste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:27 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I could see someone like Edmonton having an interest in Caruso or Robak. Maybe even Colorado.

Seidenberg was a great signing.
I think Caruso would clear, don't think he is more than a 7th defenseman or top ahl D-man.

Barker is awful, doubt we get spend any money on the blueline this offseason.

Got the guys from last year, (Kulikov, Campbell, Gudbranson, Weaver, Jovo) returning and Robak, Petrovic and Caruso as the young guys looking to battle for the 6th spot.
Hell, if Robak and Petrovic impress, we could see Weaver as the 7th Defenseman or moved for a pick.

And I'll stick with my comment of Bjugstad making the roster. Don't see them going after a "top 6" center if they lose out with Weiss.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Montsy14

What about J. Blum out of Nashville? Could he be a decent fit for the bottom pairing, or is he still an AHL/NHL tweener?

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Android 16

Fleischmann - Matthias - Versteeg (Not ready for start of season of Upshall could jump up)
Huberdeau - Barkov - Kopecky
Bergenheim - Goc - Upshall
Crabb - Winchester - Butler
Parros

Campbell - Gudbranson
Kulikov - Weaver
Petrovic - Jovo
(Strachan hasn't been offered on contract)

Markstrom
Clemmensen
(Possibly Thomas added to the mix)

Last edited by Android 16: 07-05-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Android 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Gordonx11
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Fleischmann - Matthias - Versteeg (Not ready for start of season of Upshall could jump up)
Huberdeau - Goc - Kopecky
Bergenheim - Barkov - Upshall
Winchester - Shore - Butler
Parros

Campbell - Gudbranson
Kulikov - Weaver
Petrovic - Jovo

Markstrom
Clemmensen
Move Winchester to Center and put in Crab at Wing. Shore can have some more time in the AHL and will get called up when injuries happen. Remember Crab is on a one way deal. Switch Goc and Barkov too.

Gordonx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Huberdeau - Goc - Kopecky
Bergenheim - Barkov - Upshall
Winchester - Shore - Butler
Parros

Campbell - Gudbranson
Kulikov - Weaver
Petrovic - Jovo

Markstrom
Clemmensen

Taking into consideration that every other team in our new division/conference upgraded (besides Buffalo), I'll be surprised if we win 25 games next season.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Android 16

I think speedy teams are going to exploit the crap out of us.

Old
07-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
I think speedy teams are going to exploit the crap out of us.
physical teams won't have a problem either

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Android 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
physical teams won't have a problem either
Your avatar makes me miss pavs and the old jerseys.

Old
07-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!

Flash - Matthias - Huberdeau
Bergenheim - Barkov - Kopecky
Trocheck - Bjugs - Shore
Crabb - Goc - Upshall
Butler
Steeger(IR)

Campbell - Gudbranson
Kulikov - Weaver
Petrovic - Jovo
Robak or UFA

Markstrom
Clemmensen

IMO Bjugs will be on this team. Also think with how Trochek has done this season in the OHL that he could make the team out of camp with Steeger on IR and then making a decision on him after Steeger returns(Much like Shore last season).

And I'm almost swapping Kopecky & Huberdeau around. A 2nd line of Bergy/Barkov/Huber would be awesome, especially going against other teams 2nd rate defense instead of top defense would be a good reason to have this as our 2nd line. And I think Flash/Danger/Kopesky would complement themselves well as our top line until Steeger is off of IR.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Beezer
Trochek Was Tripped!

And mods, can we change the thread title to "2013-14 season roster/line combinations" or something similar?

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:40 PM
FrolikFan67

Fleischmann-Matthias-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Barkov-Kopecky
Bergenheim-Goc-Upshall
Butler-Winchester-Crabb

i still want to add a top-6 rw, so kopecky can play with bergenheim and goc on the 3rd. but if this is what we got going into the season this is the way i see it going. if versteeg isnt ready for the start of the season then i agree move huberdeau to top rw, bergenheim to barkovs left side and move crabb to the 3rd.

when is versteeg expected to be back?

Campbell-Weaver
Gudbranson-Kulikov
Petrovic-Jovanovski

petrovic is a tough mean player that can learn from jovo like guds did in his rookie year. would like gudbranson and kulikov get used to playing with each other, thats a pairing i wanna see moving forward and they compliment each other well. i think weaver would do ok with campbell on the first, hes been around for a while, veteran guy, good defensive defenseman with a long reach and good pker, allows guds and kulikov to get 2nd line minutes instead of potentially over powering them on the 1st line, and weaver is a good compliment to campbell as well. this also gives us a LH-RH combo on each line.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:54 PM
ShootIt

Campbell and Weaver on the same pairing is scary. Non physical and No Puck winning around the boards

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Bergy-Goc-Kopecky should be the 3rd line.

Huberdeau-Matthias-Versteeg
Fleishmann-Barkov-Upshall
Bergy-Goc-Kopecky
Crabb-Bjugstad-Butler

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:28 AM
DrMom9900

Is matthias' really everyones clear and cut first line center? i'd rather have him on the 3rd line and have Goc on the first.

DrMom9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:39 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMom9900 View Post
Is matthias' really everyones clear and cut first line center? i'd rather have him on the 3rd line and have Goc on the first.
i dont know, i prefer him as 1C because he showed he have the potential to be a good player. we already know where goc is, but giving matthias the chance with really good players in steeger/flash will make it a final test for his ability to play

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote