HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 05:23 AM
Medo

vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure he does. Everyone has it

EP probably just didn't update the info.

Old
06-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Mikey09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo View Post
I'm pretty sure he does. Everyone has it

EP probably just didn't update the info.
Koren?

Old
06-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Medo

Letang and his CRO citizenship. I'm quite sure that he has one. Even if he doesn't have one he'd get one tomorrow if he wanted.

Old
06-25-2013, 06:30 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Letang and his CRO citizenship. I'm quite sure that he has one. Even if he doesn't have one he'd get one tomorrow if he wanted.
AFAIK he was in process of getting it. There were talks about that prior to this year's WC Division 2.

As much as I respect Letang as person, warrior and leader, he was prone to mistakes last season, simply his body eroded by injuries is issuing him.

Old
06-25-2013, 06:47 AM
bishonen91

@Medo - so did Katic have one more season left on contract with Berlin.

Quote:
Luka Markovic can be a decent junior, he can sign contract with Medvescak and go on loan somewhere in EBEL. Luka Gracnar could be a great backup goalie, but has contract with Red Bull and he will be starting goalie there. Alan Letang does not have Croatian citizenship.
We were talking about domestic u22 players. Do you know ANY other besides Rendulic and Markovic who come even close to mentioning in this context? Doubt it. So don't change the subject.

Luka Gračnar was mentioned in circles, as I said, contracts can be voided. However an Slovenian info close to his family said he was offered less than he is making in RBS. So that was just an idea.

If you need 2 u22 players its best to have a starting goalie and a backup who opens doors + 1 more player sitting out in 4th line so you dont cripple your lines. But never matter.

Alan Letang is IIHF eligible and is in process of getting the passport. He was late submitting some papers and thats why he didn't play for NT.

Koren has a citizenship for two seasons now. His father is Croatian, his grandparents still live near my town.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:53 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

HAHA didn't Slava's Father expose himself to a couple young girls when he lived in Denmark? I remember some issues with him when he played here.. Or at least I remember being told by friends

I would love Regin in the KHL, but it all depends on the $$$, how is the financial situation in Zagreb? And how much of an attendance do you expect?

But in general you guys should consider Danish players, generally cheaper than their Euro counterparts and often very humble and hard workers
Im thinking Thomas Spelling, Jesper B. Jensen and the likes

If it's anything like Balkan Handball or Basket, I might just drive down and watch a few games as Croatia has been a prefered travel destination a few times

Old
06-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Mikey09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishonen91 View Post
We were talking about domestic u22 players. Do you know ANY other besides Rendulic and Markovic who come even close to mentioning in this context? Doubt it. So don't change the subject.
No, i dont see any ''that'' good domestic junior. Maybe some with potential, but not that good right now. Just Rendulic and Markovic.

Quote:
Luka Gračnar was mentioned in circles, as I said, contracts can be voided. However an Slovenian info close to his family said he was offered less than he is making in RBS. So that was just an idea.
Less than he is making in EBEL? I know, Red Bull has a lot of money, but guys. This is KHL, Gracnar is too important for you, as a backup and junior together.

Quote:
Alan Letang is IIHF eligible and is in process of getting the passport. He was late submitting some papers and thats why he didn't play for NT.
If it is true, that will be good. Letang has a lot of experience, can be your captain in next season. But I see him for just one season.

Quote:
Koren has a citizenship for two seasons now. His father is Croatian, his grandparents still live near my town.
Yeah, but he still played for Slovenia and i think, he will play for them. But will be good 4th liner in KHL.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:32 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
And how much of an attendance do you expect?
Oh, I doubt anything it's going to change from EBEL days ...

Old
06-25-2013, 09:52 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
No, i dont see any ''that'' good domestic junior. Maybe some with potential, but not that good right now. Just Rendulic and Markovic.

Less than he is making in EBEL? I know, Red Bull has a lot of money, but guys. This is KHL, Gracnar is too important for you, as a backup and junior together.

If it is true, that will be good. Letang has a lot of experience, can be your captain in next season. But I see him for just one season.

Yeah, but he still played for Slovenia and i think, he will play for them. But will be good 4th liner in KHL.
For both Rendulic and Markovic is much better to stay where they are right now.

I am all for Gracnar to come here...

Letang has a lot of experience, but if you have health issues, then there is not much that can be done.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Medo

Quote:
HAHA didn't Slava's Father expose himself to a couple young girls when he lived in Denmark? I remember some issues with him when he played here.. Or at least I remember being told by friends
I remember one interview with former Medveščak coach where he told some interesting stories about Slava and his Zagreb nightly adventures

Quote:
I would love Regin in the KHL, but it all depends on the $$$, how is the financial situation in Zagreb? And how much of an attendance do you expect?
Same as now. Pretty much sold out.

Quote:
If it's anything like Balkan Handball or Basket, I might just drive down and watch a few games as Croatia has been a prefered travel destination a few times
I hope that Medveščak games will never turn into Croatian basketball or handball where 15 000 people can sit in silence. We have a nice atmosphere, not too loud but still gives a nice home arena feeling.

Last edited by Medo: 06-25-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old
06-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Medo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post

Letang has a lot of experience, but if you have health issues, then there is not much that can be done.
If he is going to be healthy there's no doubt that he deserves a chance after everything he's done on and off the ice for this club. He will probably get a position after he retires as well. Just a feeling

Old
06-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Mikey09

Quote:
For both Rendulic and Markovic is much better to stay where they are right now.
Im not sure, but i think he is FA right now. If now and he has contract with Trencin, then he have to stay here.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:39 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I dont know i this has already been mentioned but Zagreb ice will not be international size? Vladivostok will also use the smaller size rink.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:43 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I dont know i this has already been mentioned but Zagreb ice will not be international size? Vladivostok will also use the smaller size rink.
I read today that Medvescak will play at "NA size rink", on the other hand I heard earlier that Medvescak will play at "KHL size rink"... you can choice

Old
06-25-2013, 11:06 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsZG View Post
Oh, I doubt anything it's going to change from EBEL days ...
Very impressive

Quote:
I remember one interview with former Medveščak coach where he told some interesting stories about Slava and his Zagreb nightly adventures

Same as now. Pretty much sold out. Money situation is good now, after we had a bit of a problem last season (some sponsors didn't pay what was agreed) its all back to normal and thanks to the KHL it became a bit (quite a lot actually ) more than normal. Media mentions budget of 10 to 12 million €.

I hope that Medveščak games will never turn into Croatian basketball or handball where 15 000 people can sit in silence. We have a nice atmosphere, not too loud but still gives a nice home arena feeling.

Wow, that is a lot better than expected, hopefully it will do wonders for Croatia and it's hockey

Haha, well the games I watched were pretty loud, that's all I remember

Is Bjorkstrand expected to play on the team, or play Jr?

Oh, and how long in advance would you reccomend buying single game tickets?

Old
06-25-2013, 11:31 AM
bishonen91

Medvescak will play on 60x30 as city who owns the facility needs the rink that size for other competitions except hockey.

Also, Medo don't talk nonsense - all sponsors payed what they were obliged to do. Do you seriously think they couldn't fulfill their contracts like that? Don't.

Of course Koren won't play for Croatian NT as he would need to spend 3 + 1 season in Zagreb to be eligible without playing for Slovenia. Don't be ridiculous guys, please read what is written. I know lot of you don't speak or write English as a first language, but please try.

@imgoingnucks - Bjorkstrand, Koren and possibly few others will compete for TWO U22 positions that need to be fulfilled by U22 players on EVERY game. They need to sit on the bench every game. Will they play? Who knows.

When tickets get on sale - buy them. You'll get info of that usually week in advance on club site and facebook.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:33 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I read today that Medvescak will play at "NA size rink", on the other hand I heard earlier that Medvescak will play at "KHL size rink"... you can choice
How about in between - Finnish size. At least Jussi would like that ...I would like that too

Old
06-25-2013, 12:59 PM
bishonen91

As I said to you in PM - its been misinterpreted. Being late or having agreed to get payed in another calender year isn't the same as not paying for contractual obligations.

If you present your facts to a broader public please try to be more educated about the topic.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:01 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Very impressive

Wow, that is a lot better than expected, hopefully it will do wonders for Croatia and it's hockey

Haha, well the games I watched were pretty loud, that's all I remember

Is Bjorkstrand expected to play on the team, or play Jr?

Oh, and how long in advance would you reccomend buying single game tickets?
Can you, as danish hockey follower, describe Bjorkstrand as a player to us ? What are his strenghts, weaknesses ? What is his potential compared to other Danish players ? I know he isn't in Regin/Nielsen category, but more likely in Jakobsen/Staal/Christensen ?

Old
06-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Big Papi Hr

Mathieu Carle rumored to join KHL Medveščak.

Old
06-25-2013, 02:27 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Can you, as danish hockey follower, describe Bjorkstrand as a player to us ? What are his strenghts, weaknesses ? What is his potential compared to other Danish players ? I know he isn't in Regin/Nielsen category, but more likely in Jakobsen/Staal/Christensen ?
Well im half Canadian and have only lived the last couple years in Denmark, so I havent followed him as much as the Danes in the NHL..

Obviously we have the Tier 1 Danish players in:

Jannik Hansen - Vancouver Canucks
Mikkel Boedker - Phoenix Coyotes
Frans Nielsen - New York Islanders
Peter Regin - Ottawa Senators
Philip Larsen - Dallas Stars
Lars Eller - Montreal Canadiens
Frederik Andersen - Anaheim Ducks/Norfolk Admirals
Oliver Lauridsen - Philadelphia Flyers
Nicklas Jensen - Vancouver Canucks

Then we have the 2nd Tier players like:

Nichlas Hardt - Jokerit
Jesper. B. Jensen - Rögle
Mads Christensen - Berlin
Kim Staal - Herlev
Morten Green - Hannover Scorpions
Julian Jacobsen - Hamburg
Daniel Nielsen - Hamburg
Morten Madsen - Hamburg
Marcus Lauridsen - Lake Erie/ Colorado Avalanche

And so forth, and I think Patrick is going to fit in well with the 2nd tier players. He is a reliable Euro standard player who was part of one the best kiddy lines in Denmark when he Played in Herning.

He was on line with his younger brother Oliver Bjorkstrand who is 2013 Draft eligable and will prolly go somewhere in the 2nd round he was also top rookie WHL scorer, so no doubt the more talented of the brothers. The 3rd kid on the line was Rangers prospect Thomas Spelling, They were all outstanding.

Patrick as a player is very raw, but has the potential to become a solid KHL player, he is VERY fast and very shifty some of his best attributes. And he is a fighter, he never seems to give up. Now obviously he needs to work on some stuff, like his shot, as he is an ok stickhandler. And also his strength, he is not the biggest of guys. But he is young, and there is room for improvement.
Also his board play is solid for his size, he is very good at using his size and speed to slip through small creases.

He did however impress me at this years WC for Denmark against teams like Canada and the Czechs he played very well.

And to add:

Bjorkstrand is a forward with nice hands and playmaking ability. Has good vision and anticipation on the ice. He also has that winning mentality.

The description of him from eliteprospects also fits very well.

He has the same tenacity as Morten Poulsen - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15203

But if you guys want to take a chance on a young guy, you should try NLA Biels Danish youngster Nikolaj Ehlers, drafted by a KHL team this year, cant remember which. And a possible 1st round prospect in next years NHL Draft.

His numbers in the Swiss U20 were as a 16 year old, so by far the youngest, and he played a few games as a 16 year old in the NLA and even scored a goal as one of the youngest ever.

Come to think of it, that might be possible, considering his rights belong to another KHL team

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 06-25-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old
06-25-2013, 03:03 PM
BalticWarrior

Imgoinnucks- Nicolajs Ehlers was drafted by Omsk

Old
06-25-2013, 03:06 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
Imgoinnucks- Nicolajs Ehlers was drafted by Omsk
Haha, dammit we just spoke about it like a week ago ...

Old
06-25-2013, 03:09 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Haha, dammit we just spoke about it like a week ago ...
yep

Old
06-25-2013, 04:16 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Patrick as a player is very raw, but has the potential to become a solid KHL player, he is VERY fast and very shifty some of his best attributes. And he is a fighter, he never seems to give up. Now obviously he needs to work on some stuff, like his shot, as he is an ok stickhandler. And also his strength, he is not the biggest of guys. But he is young, and there is room for improvement.
Also his board play is solid for his size, he is very good at using his size and speed to slip through small creases.

He did however impress me at this years WC for Denmark against teams like Canada and the Czechs he played very well.

And to add:

Bjorkstrand is a forward with nice hands and playmaking ability. Has good vision and anticipation on the ice. He also has that winning mentality.

The description of him from eliteprospects also fits very well.
Thanks for your insight. I like bolded part !

Closed Thread