HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Ivan94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
I wonder why couldn't Zagreb keep a team in EBEL, perhaps with smaller budget. Is it budget issue (I presume EBEL team costs some money too).
minimum budget in ebel is 2 million €. that 2 million would missing in the khl budget, because how crohabitant sad, this farm-team would need foreigners and/or cronucs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
that is a reason why Medvescak and Slovan/Lev/Jokerit must join MHL one day. It is a big different if you send juniors to EBYSL/czech/slovak jr league or MHL. Of course, it does not solve problem of elder players....
now medvescak canīt send a competitive team in EBYSL U20. last season was a disaster. this year they send only a U18 team in the new EBYSL U18. I see a croatian MHL team of croats born and educated in croatia in 2025 or even later.

Old
08-13-2013, 04:47 PM
crik

MHL is very good, but Upitis, Bicevsckis, etc. can't play there. They are overaged (1991), bu in MHL limit is u21 (1993 in this season)

Old
08-13-2013, 05:00 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by crik View Post
MHL is very good, but Upitis, Bicevsckis, etc. can't play there. They are overaged (1991), bu in MHL limit is u21 (1993 in this season)
Now they can't, but last year they played as overagers, so I took them randomly as an example

Old
08-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
now medvescak canīt send a competitive team in EBYSL U20. last season was a disaster. this year they send only a U18 team in the new EBYSL U18. I see a croatian MHL team of croats born and educated in croatia in 2025 or even later.
Jokerit couldn't send a team to MHL, since that league doesn't operate around school and army schedules as well as A-junior league in Finland. Impossible to fit travel abroad.

Old
08-13-2013, 07:28 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit couldn't send a team to MHL, since that league doesn't operate around school and army schedules as well as A-junior league in Finland. Impossible to fit travel abroad.
I don't see a reason for Jokerit to have an MHL team, finish juniors is good enough to develop your youth.

Old
08-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I don't see a reason for Jokerit to have an MHL team, finish juniors is good enough to develop your youth.
If only Jokerit juniors (mainly the A-juniors) wasn't in such a poor shape... A-junior SM-Liiga also isn't that high quality these days because so many of the most talented players already play with men in either SM-Liiga or Mestis(where Jokerit also send 4-6 players too fro A-juniors).

Old
08-13-2013, 09:46 PM
hb11xchamps

Any updates on the ex Hershey players and coaches?

Old
08-14-2013, 03:09 AM
Slycer

Thank god for the IIHF. Most Olimpija fans want nothing to do with Medvescak and most certainly do not want their club with a rich history to become nothing more than a farm team.

So thank you IIHF!

Old
08-14-2013, 04:04 AM
Sucrologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
Thank god for the IIHF. Most Olimpija fans want nothing to do with Medvescak and most certainly do not want their club with a rich history to become nothing more than a farm team.

So thank you IIHF!
Nobody was going to "steal" players from Ljubljana, you would only get 3-5 extra players to your roster for free. Some of them could never make it to Medvescak and stay in Olimpija.
Those fans are just close-minded and don't get things right.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:21 AM
Slycer

Free players that are probably not good enough for EBEL anyway, no thank you. Would rather see our 19 or 20 yo boys skate, even if it means not making the playoffs. Olimpija is nobodys bi**h.

Wouldn't even be commenting if someone didn't say how the IIHF screwed Olimpija. People shouldn't get the wrong idea. Pretty much no one outside our useless GM and his team wanted this. Because of a thing called pride.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:32 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Any updates on the ex Hershey players and coaches?
Interview with coach French
http://www.bearshockeyblog.com/mark-...-from-maribor/

Old
08-14-2013, 04:35 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:

So thank you IIHF!
I see feelings of fans, but lets look at reality. Olimpija or EBEL are a farm of KHL. Like it or not. The same czech league, SML etc. Olimpija would gain from cooperation with Medvescak, EBEL as well. Your juniors can play as well, why not? Btw, maybe they could make KHL through Olimpija.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
minimum budget in ebel is 2 million €. that 2 million would missing in the khl budget, because how crohabitant sad, this farm-team would need foreigners and/or cronucs.

Who says that MHL team must consist of croatians? Yes, it should, but if you dont have players of this caliber, you can invite others. Look at Red Bulls.

@Jussi
Everything is impossible in your eyes, even Jokerit playing KHL (btw reality). That says everything... I can take cska78īs argument here.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Slycer

I'm realistic. Our juniors won't make KHL. And Olimpija won't make KHL, despite what our corrupt GM is trying to tell the fans. Our league is slowly starting to fall apart and Olimpija becoming a farm team would only make things worse. And with expansions to teams like Medvescak that don't have a single "at home" raised player, I don't value the KHL that much either. Would rather have our players aim for SHL or SM-liiga, DEL. No offence.

Old
08-14-2013, 05:14 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
I'm realistic. Our juniors won't make KHL. And Olimpija won't make KHL, despite what our corrupt GM is trying to tell the fans. Our league is slowly starting to fall apart and Olimpija becoming a farm team would only make things worse. And with expansions to teams like Medvescak that don't have a single "at home" raised player, I don't value the KHL that much either. Would rather have our players aim for SHL or SM-liiga, DEL. No offence.
How high do you value NHL, where majority of teams don't have a single hometown kid on their rosters?

Old
08-14-2013, 05:18 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Free players that are probably not good enough for EBEL anyway, no thank you. Would rather see our 19 or 20 yo boys skate, even if it means not making the playoffs. Olimpija is nobodys bi**h.

Wouldn't even be commenting if someone didn't say how the IIHF screwed Olimpija. People shouldn't get the wrong idea. Pretty much no one outside our useless GM and his team wanted this. Because of a thing called pride.
MacAulay, Waugh, Kostovic, Koren, maybe Letang, Martinovic...not good enough for EBEL ?

And about not having home raised players....I don't give a sh** You have them and your team is at bottom of attendance in EBEL...think for a second about that

Old
08-14-2013, 05:38 AM
Slycer

Maybe you should give a sh**, that way you'll be able to advance your hockey sometime in future. And poor attendance numbers have nothing to do with home raised players, more so with faith, or should I say lost faith, in our management.

You can let go Koren, we'll take him. The rest, no thanks. Vedlin put up those kind of numbers.

Old
08-14-2013, 05:47 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Vedlin put up those kind of numbers.

If you compare Vedlin skill's to players I mentioned then any other conversation with you is pointless I am afraid

Old
08-14-2013, 05:56 AM
Slycer

Well my point is we don't need no cronucks. Pretty sad you're auctioning off your captain as well.

Old
08-14-2013, 06:00 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Well my point is we don't need no cronucks. Pretty sad you're auctioning off your captain as well.
Well, I have generous heart

Old
08-14-2013, 06:23 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Slycer, you know that slovenian hockey federation wants to join MHL... bad move, right?

Old
08-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Slycer

I have no problem with our own federation joining a stronger junior league. That's how better players are made. On our own though. We don't need to be an extension of anybody.

Old
08-14-2013, 06:53 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Maybe you should give a sh**, that way you'll be able to advance your hockey sometime in future. And poor attendance numbers have nothing to do with home raised players, more so with faith, or should I say lost faith, in our management.

You can let go Koren, we'll take him. The rest, no thanks. Vedlin put up those kind of numbers.
I understand where you coming from, but sometimes when there's no money - any management looks bad.

Old
08-14-2013, 07:03 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I understand where you coming from, but sometimes when there's no money - any management looks bad.
I think, actually not think I am sure, that in Slycer case and those slovenians who thinks like him, it is matter of pride. They feel embarassed with the fact that Medvescak, club that lost to B team of Olimpija in 07/08 season, now could loan some players to Olimpija, no matter how good they are for EBEL.

Old
08-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Slycer

I wouldn't want Olimpija to be a farm team for any team in the world apart from our national team. I really don't care that much that Medvescak is the team in question, just makes it a little bit worse since yes, they are from a country that is much worse then us in hockey. It is a matter of pride, but not national pride as much as team pride. I just don't think any cooperation between these two teams can make the situation, in which Olimpija is in, any better. The whole club philosophy is off target at the moment and this would only push it further away. I want more development of our own youth, not giving away potential spots to additional foreigners.

Old
08-14-2013, 07:20 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
I wouldn't want Olimpija to be a farm team for any team in the world apart from our national team. I really don't care that much that Medvescak is the team in question, just makes it a little bit worse since yes, they are from a country that is much worse then us in hockey. It is a matter of pride, but not national pride as much as team pride. I just don't think any cooperation between these two teams can make the situation, in which Olimpija is in, any better. The whole club philosophy is off target at the moment and this would only push it further away. I want more development of our own youth, not giving away potential spots to additional foreigners.
Well, ok...you have right on your opinion just like everybody else. Thanks to IIHF decision now you will sleep calmly, because evil players from Medvescak won't take any roster spots from your homegrown/newly signed foreginer/etc. players.

Closed Thread