HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2013, 05:51 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
According to press..

Players which was extended:
gk:
Robert Kristan (´83)

def:
Saša Martinović (´84)
Kenny MacAulay (´84)

forwards:
Nathan Perkovich (´85)
Jakub Gašparovič (´90)

Players which they are interested in:
gk:
Mark Dekanich (´86, St. Johns Ice Caps/AHL)

def:
Zach Miskovic (´85, San Antonio Rampage/AHL)
Joe Piskula (´84, Milwaukee Admirals/AHL)
Mark Popovic (´82, Langnau/NLA)
Phil Oreskovic (´87, Toledo Walley/ECHL)

forwards:
Nick Draženovich (´87, Columbus Blue Jackets/NHL, AHL)
Steve Reinprecht (´76, Nurnberg Ice Tiger/DEL),
Luke Gazdic (´89, Texas Stars/AHL)
Joe Rechlicz (´87, Hershey Bears/AHL)
Tyler Murovich (´89, Hamilton Buldogs/AHL)
Jon Kalinski (´87, Hershey Bears/AHL)
Borna Rendulić (´92, HPK/SM-Liiga)
Tom Zanoški (´84, Klagenfurter/EBEL)

Is that possible? I heard that Rendulić has already renewed his contract in HPK.
I don't know according to which press.

AFAIK, only Martinovic and Perkovich has contracts, all other mentioned players are wishes.

Rendulić extended his contract in HPK and for him it is better. He will play top minutes there, he is still young and if he does well in SM-Liiga there is always possible for him to get KHL contract (as long as Medvescak will play it).

Zanoški...don't know if he has desire to come back after incident with Raymond where club board backed coach and not him.

Reinprecht signed (extended) with Nurnberg in DEL.

Old
05-15-2013, 06:00 AM
DonCorleone
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
hm for example Sportske novosti.. ok then Is there any realistic list of players which will play in Medvescak in KHL next season?

Old
05-15-2013, 06:03 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
hm for example Sportske novosti.. ok then Is there any realistic list of players which will play in Medvescak in KHL next season?
Only names that are speculates in media are players with croatian origins. There will be bunch of "real" foreginers of course, but who are they going to be, it is unknown.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Kristan isn't signed that's for sure, last I hear he was working on a transfer to Amur. Kenny, Martinović, Perković and Gašparović are signed.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:54 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Kristan isn't signed that's for sure, last I hear he was working on a transfer to Amur.
not true

Quote:
Kenny, Martinović, Perković and Gašparović are signed.
I am 100% sure they did not sign any KHL contract yet.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
not true

I am 100% sure they did not sign any KHL contract yet.
Kristan is working on a deal with Amur and there's been a lot of talks about it, but it's far from a done deal, because he would be a 2nd foreign goalie there.

The four guys I mentioned all still have a valid contract with Medveščak, sources close to the club have revelead to the SN sports newspapers that those four are probably staying with the club in the KHL.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Kristan is working on a deal with Amur and there's been a lot of talks about it, but it's far from a done deal, because he would be a 2nd foreign goalie there.

The four guys I mentioned all still have a valid contract with Medveščak, sources close to the club have revelead to the SN sports newspapers that those four are probably staying with the club in the KHL.
no more limits in games for foreign goalies

Old
05-15-2013, 12:14 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
That would mean that rule about "russian goalie" is abandoned which I dont want to believe.. but who knows? I would welcome the change and would be happy for Kristan

Quote:
As I know Medvescak can not say oficially any KHL contract yet. Yes, they can have pre-deals, why not? It is only a detail, btw. Slovan did not sign, oficially, any player until late summer 2012.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

vCash: 411
Quote:
Players with croatian roots are half-croats by default, to become "IIHF" Croats, they need to play two (in some cases four) seasons in Medveščak
That's just first generation kids though (and with one parent, they could have two Croatian parents), I assume not all of these guys are first generation, just like I'm third....and only 25% Croatian (though my Gramps is 100%, and his first language growing up in Northern Minnesota was Croatian).

2-4 seasons sounds about right to be able to play internationally.

Old
05-16-2013, 02:36 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
That's just first generation kids though (and with one parent, they could have two Croatian parents), I assume not all of these guys are first generation, just like I'm third....and only 25% Croatian (though my Gramps is 100%, and his first language growing up in Northern Minnesota was Croatian).

2-4 seasons sounds about right to be able to play internationally.
Somewhere I founded information that all time best scorers of high-school in Minnesota are some guys named Špehar and Antonović (Croats of course )

2 seasons for those who didn't play for other (USA/CAN/SUI/GER) country, while four for those who are (Bozic played for Sweden U18).

Old
05-16-2013, 02:39 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
That would mean that rule about "russian goalie" is abandoned which I dont want to believe.. but who knows? I would welcome the change and would be happy for Kristan

As I know Medvescak can not say oficially any KHL contract yet. Yes, they can have pre-deals, why not? It is only a detail, btw. Slovan did not sign, oficially, any player until late summer 2012.
Isn't that rule just for russian clubs ?

Old
05-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Vicente

Quote:
That would mean that rule about "russian goalie" is abandoned which I dont want to believe.. but who knows? I would welcome the change and would be happy for Kristan .
I'd be more than happy for him, too. But honestly this goalie rule is kinda stupid. I mean you got 20 Russian KHL teams (21 with vladivostok?!) and I have a strange feeling not even half of them will ever play for Team Russia.

Old
05-16-2013, 02:53 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Isn't that rule just for russian clubs ?
It is (was) and I think nothing will change. And yes, Amur is russian club therefore I am suprised that Amur signed Jarvinen and is in talks with Kristan as well. Maybe Kristan has russian citizenship as well?

Quote:
I'd be more than happy for him, too. But honestly this goalie rule is kinda stupid.
It is and I hope KHL will abandon it the day after OG 14

Old
05-16-2013, 03:04 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
It is (was) and I think nothing will change. And yes, Amur is russian club therefore I am suprised that Amur signed Jarvinen and is in talks with Kristan as well. Maybe Kristan has russian citizenship as well?

It is and I hope KHL will abandon it the day after OG 14
Sorry my mistake...I missread previous posts

Old
05-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Vicente

Quote:
Maybe Järvinen stay on loan one more year in Finland? Or one of the two has to play VHL? Only reasons I can imagine...

Old
05-16-2013, 03:17 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Maybe Järvinen stay on loan one more year in Finland?
Can not imagine that. Why would he want that? Btw, I dont know about any such example from past.

Quote:
Or one of the two has to play VHL? Only reasons I can imagine...
Amur does not have VHL affiliate as I know. If Amur had VHL team, non-russian G are not allowed to play in russian VHL team (and as we know, not so many non-russian VHL clubs).

Old
05-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

vCash: 411
Quote:
Somewhere I founded information that all time best scorers of high-school in Minnesota are some guys named Špehar and Antonović (Croats of course )

2 seasons for those who didn't play for other (USA/CAN/SUI/GER) country, while four for those who are (Bozic played for Sweden U18).
There are guys that are part Croat too that you don't know unless you are in the Croatian loop like my Grandpa -- kids like Gino Guyer, who used to captain the Gophers (he won Mr. Hockey when I graduated from High school in 2002 --- a year after Marty Sertich --- who apparently is not related to Andy (I thought they were but I guess there is more than one Sertich family in this state).

You've missed the greatest of all time though---- John Mayasich, who played for a POWERHOUSE Eveleth team (my Grandpa's rival high school).

He's the best US Amateur player of all time, played for the U, and brought the slap shot to college hockey.

He's got State tournament records here that are untouchable. I guess he hangs out at one diner every day still up in Eveleth (where the US Hockey Hall of Fame is --- also the biggest stick and puck in the world).

I go up there a few times a year, just don't know if I have the balls to go meet him myself, and my Gramps isn't in great shape these days. He knows the Carlson family (aka 2 of the 3 Hanson brothers in the movie Slap Shot -- their mother who is a wonderful lady is Croatian, and he introduced me to her and she got them to sign a bunch of stuff for me over the years. The third brother Jack -- is a North Stars great, he got called up before they could shoot the movie, so Dave Hanson and Steve and Jeff were put together and "Killer" Carlson (who was supposed to be based and played by Hanson himself) was done by someone else.

I do kind of want the signature of the greatest Croatian-American hockey player though. I may just look him up in the phone book, call him and ask.

Also, the best Slovene-American was from there. People could argue it but Frank "Mr. Zero" Brimsek is a legend in his own right.

I've got pictures of all their stuff at the Hall. If you ever decide to visit out here, let me know.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Mikey09

some news? its 17th of May, and you have only two players.

Old
05-18-2013, 06:30 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
some news? its 17th of May, and you have only two players.
Patient After WC...

Old
05-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Vicente

It is possible in KHL to sign a player and to announce the transfer weeks later right? Not like in the NHL or am I wrong? So I also would say they want to wait till the end of the WC, also maybe to get more attention by international media.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:42 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
It is possible in KHL to sign a player and to announce the transfer weeks later right? Not like in the NHL or am I wrong? So I also would say they want to wait till the end of the WC, also maybe to get more attention by international media.
KHL club can inform about new signing after contract is registered (within 24 hours).

About Medvescak - guys, you seem to forget that Medvescak is NOT OFFICIALLY a member of KHL. Therefore they can not sign players yet. KHL has to held meeting of governing body to approve it, this will happen after WC. You know, Medvescak signed "joining documents", but KHL must aprove it yet. The same like Croatia and EU - is Croatia a member of EU? No. Will Croatia be a member of EU this year (1.July 2013 if I know)? Yes.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Vicente

Quote:
KHL club can inform about new signing after contract is registered (within 24 hours).
But they don't have to within 24 hours? They can wait longer if they feel its appropriate?

Old
05-18-2013, 01:09 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
But they don't have to within 24 hours? They can wait longer if they feel its appropriate?
I dont know... I just know they can not inform sooner than contract is registered.

Old
05-19-2013, 10:59 AM
colman

Quote:

AFAIK, only Martinovic and Perkovich has contracts, all other mentioned players are wishes.

Rendulić extended his contract in HPK and for him it is better. He will play top minutes there, he is still young and if he does well in SM-Liiga there is always possible for him to get KHL contract (as long as Medvescak will play it).

Zanoški...don't know if he has desire to come back after incident with Raymond where club board backed coach and not him.

Reinprecht signed (extended) with Nurnberg in DEL.
James Marcou F and Mike Marcou D are Croation.
James signed buy San Jose rehabbing this season .Mike played for Greenville in ECHL made All Star Team and a few call ups to AHL .Both of these players would be a good addition

Old
05-19-2013, 11:59 AM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

James hasn't played professionally since 10-11. He had a concussion that knocked out the rest of the season and all of 11-12. There was an HF article from August of 2012 saying he was totally symptom free and done rehabbing but he didn't play anywhere this past season.

Mike was kind of a diamond in the rough for Greenville coach Dean Stork.

Closed Thread