HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #18 -

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2013, 01:05 PM
RayP
Registered Dad

vCash: 50
Eh, we'll see. New system and a couple of new guys filling big roles, a new voice that is the leader and captain. Would it shock me if they were top 5? No, absolutely not. Am I expecting them to be top 5? Definitely not.

Old
09-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Scotianhab

vCash: 500
Hey fellas, Just curious how you guys think Martellus Bennett will do this year. I drafted him and am wondering if he'll see red zone targets in your new offense.

Old
09-02-2013, 08:06 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Hey fellas, Just curious how you guys think Martellus Bennett will do this year. I drafted him and am wondering if he'll see red zone targets in your new offense.
no reason he shouldn't get at least 50 catches for 600+ yards and 5+ tds. Unless he gets injured of course.

Old
09-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
TE Kyle Adams is odd man out and was cut today

Was likeable guy but was very limited in talent

Old
09-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Adams wouldn't have dressed on game days most of the time. Not a real loss

Old
09-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Recoil

Agreed. I don't see Rosario setting the world on fire, but he will be a slight upgrade over Adams. Any improvement is a good one I guess.

Old
09-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Wrigley
Stone Crazy

I think Long will play in at least one Pro Bowl before he retires.

Damn Right I've Got the Blues - Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Russell
Old
09-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Cullksinikers

Gasp!

Resident user and moderator NFS picked the Packers to not only go to the Super Bowl, but also win.

How dare you, sir.

Old
09-03-2013, 06:32 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Gasp!

Resident user and moderator NFS picked the Packers to not only go to the Super Bowl, but also win.

How dare you, sir.
I tend to not let my homerism blind me too much, in all honesty. While I'd love to see the Bears go on a tear and the Packers crash and burn in the standings, I'm not seeing either happen. I hate to say it, but yeah.... I think that the Packers will win the Super Bowl if I had to make a preseason prediction.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limits of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
Old
09-03-2013, 06:34 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

With that O line? League must really suck this year.

Old
09-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Packers D has some holes in it as well (Though of course vs Bears that wont be evident as Cutler just cant succeed vs Capers D)

Old
09-03-2013, 06:42 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
With that O line? League must really suck this year.
I think Rodgers and his weapons are good enough to cover those deficiencies and the defense will hold up just enough to let their offense win games.

Not claiming that they're a dynasty in the making. Let's just say I have less question marks about them than other teams, particularly Atlanta (who I have zero faith in the playoffs) or San Francisco (who I don't think will be able to replicate the magic they had last year as the league adjusts to their QB). If it's not Green Bay, then my money would be on Seattle coming out of the NFC, but I just like the Packers' chances.

And don't even get me started with Washington, who I think are another RGIII injury away from blowing up. Not to mention that of all the rookie QBs, I see him as being the most likely to have a sophomore slump.

Old
09-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Gootie
GOATie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Packers D has some holes in it as well (Though of course vs Bears that wont be evident as Cutler just cant succeed vs Capers D)
Anyone would struggle when you literally can't block 3 guys with a 7 man protection.

If the Bears can at least be competent in blocking Matthews, the Bears will win at least one against GB this year.

He had almost half his sacks last year in two games against the Bears.

Old
09-03-2013, 07:12 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

vCash: 2660
The Packers have no chance in the playoffs, much less in this division. They've regressed this offseason and are no longer the clear class of the NFC North. They could still win the division, but it's really anyone's game.

Old
09-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Illinihockey

@ZachZaidman: #Bears signed TE Kyle Adams and terminated the contract of vested veteran Jonathan Scott.

Old
09-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Britton Swing Tackle with Bushrod and Mills starting. That's 300% better than last years starters

Old
09-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
The Packers have no chance in the playoffs, much less in this division. They've regressed this offseason and are no longer the clear class of the NFC North. They could still win the division, but it's really anyone's game.
Their run game appears to have improved, the D-line added a first-round pick (Jones), got a first-round OLB back (Perry), and their biggest weakness outside of the offensive line (safety) has more experience. The key is playing average defense in the playoffs. Not great, average. If it's average, they can go a long way. The team wasn't able to stop a nosebleed in the playoffs the past two seasons.

Did Detroit improve? Well, they still suck, and the three games Reggie Bush plays will give them a slight boost, but they will finish last. Minnesota doesn't have a QB. You can't win without a QB. Ponder is very shaky. They better hope Jennings stays on the damn field so the passing game is near average. Patterson is very raw. Chicago is very interesting. I don't think their defense can do what they did last year again. They forced so many turnovers in 2012 that it'd be unreasonable to expect similar output for a consecutive season. Trestman's offense is in its first year of running, and I doubt everything they have in store was shown in the preseason. I see Detroit winning 6 games, Minnesota going .500, the Bears going 9-7, and the Packers just hitting a double-digit win total.

Old
09-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no NFC North team is going to win anything this year, let alone make it to the SB.

Old
09-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Wrigley
Stone Crazy

Coach Urlacher has spoken. ;)

Quote:
If Brian Urlacher could pick his replacement as Chicago Bears middle linebacker this season, he would go with the veteran over a promising rookie.

D.J. Williams didn't play during the preseason because of a calf strain suffered early in training camp, creating an opportunity for rookie Jon Bostic. And the second-round pick out of Florida did just that, as he started all four preseason games.

Williams returned to practice on Monday and the Bears' official depth chart released Tuesday on the team website lists him as the starter and Bostic the backup. That doesn't mean Bostic won't start in the season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals, but Urlacher agrees with the thinking of going with the veteran player.
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...illiams-at-mlb

Coach Urlacher has spoken.

Old
09-04-2013, 10:31 AM
digdug41982

LOL, Bostic will be starting soon, as he should, Williams hasn't even had a training camp.

Old
09-04-2013, 11:24 AM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

The Packers have a bottom 3 offensive line and just added unproven players to a weak defense and weak running game. I don't see the double digit wins.

Keep in mind, Detroit fell off a table last year. They could definitely be much better. I'm not going to bet on it, but they've looked solid in the preseason.

Minnesota still has AP and a young, improving defense. Any improvements in the passing game are gravy.

The Bears will go as far as the line takes them. If they perform as well as they did in the preseason, the Bears could win the division.

As far as I'm concerned, this is anyone's game.

Old
09-04-2013, 11:27 AM
digdug41982

I think it is up for grabs too, but at the same time, I can't see Green Bay winning less than 10. Rodgers is so mobile that the line conerns shouldn't be a big deal. He throws on the run a lot and is quite good at it. 10 or 11 wins. I mean, yeah, some bad calls or a few freak plays could push that down below 10 I suppose, but it will take some bad luck, injuries, refs.

Old
09-04-2013, 11:29 AM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

His line has been competent the past few years. He's not going to be able to deal with holding onto the ball for a long time and evading a quickly collapsing pocket constantly.

No one can.

Old
09-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Cullksinikers

His line has not been competent at all. If he wasn't mobile, the Packers' sacks allowed number would be even more egregious. This is nothing new. He will continue to get better with a bad offensive line and will keep improving as a quarterback. Rodgers only had five years under his belt (pun intended). Aaron knows how to play with a **** offensive line and has three legitimate receivers and a tight end that better make some strides. He'll be just fine.

Old
09-04-2013, 01:16 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
His line has not been competent at all. If he wasn't mobile, the Packers' sacks allowed number would be even more egregious. This is nothing new. He will continue to get better with a bad offensive line and will keep improving as a quarterback. Rodgers only had five years under his belt (pun intended). Aaron knows how to play with a **** offensive line and has three legitimate receivers and a tight end that better make some strides. He'll be just fine.
They were definitely competent with Bulaga, Sitton, and Wells and the end of the Clifton years. I will say that they haven't been good at run blocking at all. Anywhere you look, their ranking will be towards or in the top 10 in pass blocking, but in the bottom 5 in run blocking. Like this one.

His sack number gets over quantified because he holds the ball, which is fine if you can actually do something with that.

Closed Thread