HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

End of a dismal season: Panthers @ Lightning

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2013, 09:26 PM
  #126
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
As you can see, the tank avatar is finally gone.

We had a great opening night, followed by a string of defeat. I was mentally in tank mode by the start of week 3. It's a pretty miserable way to spend a hockey season.

This was the first game I've enjoyed since that first game.

Loved Petrovic's grit - I hope he and Gudbranson set the tone for this team's physical play next year

Loved Huberdeau's playmaking skills - I hope he gets good linemates to pass the puck to next year. No reason he can't be a PPG player.

Loved the 4th line energy that Selleck brought - I hope he gets another look next season.

Loved seeing Campbell play like he gives a **** - I hope we see that Campbell for 82 games next year.

Loved Markstrom's reach in net - I hope the team tightens up in front of him next year.

Like the song goes, a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. It's been a tough season, but a sweet way to end it.

A little hardware for #11 would be nice. A win in the draft lottery would be nice. Regardless of what happens though, we're going to get a helluva good hockey player in this upcoming draft - whether it's Jones or MacKinnon or Drouin.

Good times are ahead my friends.

thx for bringing level headiness and humor here.


Yea and thanks to everyone here in our little dysfunctional family, where just like in mine we don't always get along but we are always here for each other..

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:28 PM
  #127
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palm Trees
Country: United States
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Well what a great way to end an otherwise dismal season. The panthers played as if it were a full season lockout instead a half one. No matter as I have reiterated many times throughout this tank that looking back sacrificing 48 games for the player we are about to get could very well be the difference imo between a stanley cup banner hanging from our rafters and not in a very short amount of time.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 09:29 PM
  #128
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22,292
vCash: 134
Thanks for beating us, guys.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:13 PM
  #129
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Thanks for beating us, guys.
Our pleasure. Always is.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:05 AM
  #130
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!
 
HockeyRulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Our pleasure. Always is.

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:38 AM
  #131
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,500
vCash: 500
a few comments:

petrovic is gonna be a better d-man than Guds. and i'm not trying to bash Guds here, more making a point that picking d-men that high the draft seem like a crap-shoot, and another reason i don't want us to pick Jones #1 or #2 overall. Petrovic seems to have that same nastiness that Guds has but much more skilled offensively. he moves the puck really well and knows when to jump into the play. and he has gotten zero PP time, so this is just judging him off his 5-on-5 play. i think Petrovic has legit top-pairing upside with the ability to score 30-40 pts and be a nasty player to play against. i really like him. him bloodying Lecavalier was just awesome.

i also really like eric selleck. if we must have an "enforcer" type, it should be him. he can really skate well, not just straight-line but he's agile for a fourth-line mucker which leads me to believe he could develop into a responsible defensive player. he's a much, much better player than parros is. he may not be in the same class of fighter but who cares? the true-heavyweights are going extinct. players that we need to watch out for (dirty players like kaleta, torres, etc) won't fight Parros anyway, but they would go with Selleck. Selleck really seems to enjoy his role, too. He's had 200+ PIM's in the AHL the last 2 years and would have this year too if he didn't get called up/hurt (181 in 60 games). he fights alot, unlike Parros. keep him around and buy out Parros. that's a no brainer IMO.

-Markstrom looked terrible on that first goal by Carle. we need to bring someone in next year that can compete with him for the #1 gig. he's too up and down right now to name him a clear-cut #1 goalie. too erratic. a Markstrom-Clemmensen tandem next year is not an option IMO. if our management even considers it, they're idiots.

Nice to see Jugs get his first goal in the NHL. it was a great shot. he needs to play next year in the AHL though. he's not ready.

anyway, nice way to end an absolutely awful season. should be an interesting summer.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:18 AM
  #132
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 310
Great win in the final game this season!!!

Our young guys were amazing!!

I still see Shore suiting up in the NHL next season. He did play a good game today.

And Selleck...I love this guy! He can actually play hockey compared to Parros!!!

Petrovic is nasty. Going after Vinny after his cheapshot! This guy should be in the lineup next season!!

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:37 AM
  #133
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
a few comments:

petrovic is gonna be a better d-man than Guds. and i'm not trying to bash Guds here, more making a point that picking d-men that high the draft seem like a crap-shoot, and another reason i don't want us to pick Jones #1 or #2 overall. Petrovic seems to have that same nastiness that Guds has but much more skilled offensively. he moves the puck really well and knows when to jump into the play. and he has gotten zero PP time, so this is just judging him off his 5-on-5 play. i think Petrovic has legit top-pairing upside with the ability to score 30-40 pts and be a nasty player to play against. i really like him. him bloodying Lecavalier was just awesome.

i also really like eric selleck. if we must have an "enforcer" type, it should be him. he can really skate well, not just straight-line but he's agile for a fourth-line mucker which leads me to believe he could develop into a responsible defensive player. he's a much, much better player than parros is. he may not be in the same class of fighter but who cares? the true-heavyweights are going extinct. players that we need to watch out for (dirty players like kaleta, torres, etc) won't fight Parros anyway, but they would go with Selleck. Selleck really seems to enjoy his role, too. He's had 200+ PIM's in the AHL the last 2 years and would have this year too if he didn't get called up/hurt (181 in 60 games). he fights alot, unlike Parros. keep him around and buy out Parros. that's a no brainer IMO.

-Markstrom looked terrible on that first goal by Carle. we need to bring someone in next year that can compete with him for the #1 gig. he's too up and down right now to name him a clear-cut #1 goalie. too erratic. a Markstrom-Clemmensen tandem next year is not an option IMO. if our management even considers it, they're idiots.

Nice to see Jugs get his first goal in the NHL. it was a great shot. he needs to play next year in the AHL though. he's not ready.

anyway, nice way to end an absolutely awful season. should be an interesting summer.
petro played plenty of PP so far.

also, if you want to judge petro and gud, atleast use the gudbranson we saw in the playoffs... its not like petrovic stepped right into the NHL like gudbranson did. also, gudbranson have played hurt this season. atleast let them play the 300 games to see if they're busts or not

the "bloodying part" was him cutting him with his visor iirc


Last edited by gudzilla: 04-28-2013 at 04:50 AM.
gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 04:43 AM
  #134
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,228
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Really nice win to finish out the season.

It was a tough year for all of us but it's over now. Let's just look forward to the draft and start speculating for next season.

GO PANTHERS GO!!!!

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:02 AM
  #135
CoolburnIsGone
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,072
vCash: 500
I took the trip over to Tampa to see this game. In the hotel now so when I get back later, I'll put a more detailed post together. It'll be mostly in regard to in-game presentation as a comparison to what we get.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:24 AM
  #136
PSLguy
#catsarecoming
 
PSLguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I took the trip over to Tampa to see this game. In the hotel now so when I get back later, I'll put a more detailed post together. It'll be mostly in regard to in-game presentation as a comparison to what we get.
Looking forward to your post! I'd like to hear the differences.

PSLguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 07:29 AM
  #137
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I took the trip over to Tampa to see this game. In the hotel now so when I get back later, I'll put a more detailed post together. It'll be mostly in regard to in-game presentation as a comparison to what we get.
Curious on your thoughts.

Friends tweeted how their in game presentation puts ours to shame. Starting with a real scoreboard. And their fan appreciation giveaways etc embarrassed ours. pathetic in comparison.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:01 AM
  #138
FloriDada
Registered User
 
FloriDada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Curious on your thoughts.

Friends tweeted how their in game presentation puts ours to shame. Starting with a real scoreboard. And their fan appreciation giveaways etc embarrassed ours. pathetic in comparison.
It really is. The whole experience is nicer in general. You're not deafened by crappy music every 5 seconds. The staff is nicer. Their scoreboard is infinitely better than ours. And I hear they treat their STHs very good too. They get jerseys, sticks, and some get giftcards with over $500 on them, etc...

FloriDada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:16 AM
  #139
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Tampa throttles Floridas in-game experience. They made a lot of improvements to their arena a couple years ago, all owner expense. It's impressive.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:27 AM
  #140
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
petro played plenty of PP so far.

also, if you want to judge petro and gud, atleast use the gudbranson we saw in the playoffs... its not like petrovic stepped right into the NHL like gudbranson did. also, gudbranson have played hurt this season. atleast let them play the 300 games to see if they're busts or not

the "bloodying part" was him cutting him with his visor iirc
This. He just hates Guds, wanted Fowler (or who knows), doesn't take anything into account. Its embarrassing at this point.

Also, heavies aren't going extinct, that's ridiculous, and a non-fight fans dumb outlook. Ottawa, NYI, and Toronto all had more than one heavy, and they're all in the post-season. Torres has gone with Prust, Brookbank, and Gleason, some big boys. Kaleta's gone with Orr, Prust, and Matt Martin to name a few, so sorry bit you're wrong. I'm not opposed to Selleck, but judging him by one game is a poor call. And he got knocked out by mid-ranked enforcer in his last call-up. If he stays in a lower class an fights the Boll, Glass, and Ashams mostly, fine. And I'm all for moving out Parros. He doesn't enforce, he fights. Sometimes. Not an Orr, Laus, or MacIntyre. Can't stand that.

And Markstrom is still finding his game, he is erratic, but the defense has also been a mess in front of him. Again, whole picture!! I'm iffy on the kid, but its clear to me he's working on his game.


Last edited by Laus723: 04-28-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 08:38 AM
  #141
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palm Trees
Country: United States
Posts: 8,177
vCash: 500
Their owner is one of the wealthiest in sports! not just NHL. But when it comes to playing music cmon now. Anyone who has been to a red wings game at the Joe knows what great music they play.

The **** soundtrack they put together at BBT is an embarrassment.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:13 AM
  #142
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
a few comments:

petrovic is gonna be a better d-man than Guds. and i'm not trying to bash Guds here, more making a point that picking d-men that high the draft seem like a crap-shoot, and another reason i don't want us to pick Jones #1 or #2 overall. Petrovic seems to have that same nastiness that Guds has but much more skilled offensively. he moves the puck really well and knows when to jump into the play. and he has gotten zero PP time, so this is just judging him off his 5-on-5 play. i think Petrovic has legit top-pairing upside with the ability to score 30-40 pts and be a nasty player to play against. i really like him. him bloodying Lecavalier was just awesome.

i also really like eric selleck. if we must have an "enforcer" type, it should be him. he can really skate well, not just straight-line but he's agile for a fourth-line mucker which leads me to believe he could develop into a responsible defensive player. he's a much, much better player than parros is. he may not be in the same class of fighter but who cares? the true-heavyweights are going extinct. players that we need to watch out for (dirty players like kaleta, torres, etc) won't fight Parros anyway, but they would go with Selleck. Selleck really seems to enjoy his role, too. He's had 200+ PIM's in the AHL the last 2 years and would have this year too if he didn't get called up/hurt (181 in 60 games). he fights alot, unlike Parros. keep him around and buy out Parros. that's a no brainer IMO.

-Markstrom looked terrible on that first goal by Carle. we need to bring someone in next year that can compete with him for the #1 gig. he's too up and down right now to name him a clear-cut #1 goalie. too erratic. a Markstrom-Clemmensen tandem next year is not an option IMO. if our management even considers it, they're idiots.

Nice to see Jugs get his first goal in the NHL. it was a great shot. he needs to play next year in the AHL though. he's not ready.

anyway, nice way to end an absolutely awful season. should be an interesting summer.
Respectfully disagree on the following...

No one has any idea who will be better between petro and buds, but I'm not letting a tiny sample obscure my opinions...both can be awesome and the grit i ike so ill follow Potvins advice (till choke when i say that as a ranger fan) and decide after each play 250 gms.

Too many teams still have enforcers, selleck doesnt fit that role. After Booth I and II i will never want this team to lack one. Enforcers and fighting are still here and likely to stay.

I think its frivolous to trade or pay for a number one goalie right now with all the flashes of brilliance Marky shows. I do want a better backup then a lifetime one, someone with big game experience to mentor.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:16 AM
  #143
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Tampa throttles Floridas in-game experience. They made a lot of improvements to their arena a couple years ago, all owner expense. It's impressive.
Why are you complaining?

We may have done crap to improve the experience for our thousands of fans, but we borrowed 6 million to improve it for 600!!!! Club red rising!!!!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:21 AM
  #144
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
a few comments:

petrovic is gonna be a better d-man than Guds. and i'm not trying to bash Guds here, more making a point that picking d-men that high the draft seem like a crap-shoot, and another reason i don't want us to pick Jones #1 or #2 overall. Petrovic seems to have that same nastiness that Guds has but much more skilled offensively. he moves the puck really well and knows when to jump into the play. and he has gotten zero PP time, so this is just judging him off his 5-on-5 play. i think Petrovic has legit top-pairing upside with the ability to score 30-40 pts and be a nasty player to play against. i really like him. him bloodying Lecavalier was just awesome.

i also really like eric selleck. if we must have an "enforcer" type, it should be him. he can really skate well, not just straight-line but he's agile for a fourth-line mucker which leads me to believe he could develop into a responsible defensive player. he's a much, much better player than parros is. he may not be in the same class of fighter but who cares? the true-heavyweights are going extinct. players that we need to watch out for (dirty players like kaleta, torres, etc) won't fight Parros anyway, but they would go with Selleck. Selleck really seems to enjoy his role, too. He's had 200+ PIM's in the AHL the last 2 years and would have this year too if he didn't get called up/hurt (181 in 60 games). he fights alot, unlike Parros. keep him around and buy out Parros. that's a no brainer IMO.

-Markstrom looked terrible on that first goal by Carle. we need to bring someone in next year that can compete with him for the #1 gig. he's too up and down right now to name him a clear-cut #1 goalie. too erratic. a Markstrom-Clemmensen tandem next year is not an option IMO. if our management even considers it, they're idiots.

Nice to see Jugs get his first goal in the NHL. it was a great shot. he needs to play next year in the AHL though. he's not ready.

anyway, nice way to end an absolutely awful season. should be an interesting summer.
agree with most everything. I think Petro's sample size isn't large enough to make such substantial declarations. He has a lot to work on but does look extremely promosing. Strachan looked great his first few games... I do think that Petro is going to be at least a top 4 guy, and a special one at that. A guy who can do it all. When I saw him and Guds at rookie camp in the game against the lightning it was it very hard to tell them apart. Petro has much better puck skills. His hands are much softer. It really hammers home the point about drafting a d-man at the top. It's simply too hard to project them and they take too damn long to develop. No reason we can't get another Petrovic in the second round if we're looking for D.

Agree about Selleck. Kid could be our Rinaldo.

There are plenty of decent goalies who can be brought in. The main issue is money. If they can't move Clemmer, it ain't happening. Markstrom is a bit inconsistent but the defense being so bad so often, I believe, makes it hard for him to get in a groove at a high level over a period of games. But yeah, why not get a legit starter and solidify the goalie position if it can be done.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:26 AM
  #145
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Respectfully disagree on the following...

No one has any idea who will be better between petro and buds, but I'm not letting a tiny sample obscure my opinions...both can be awesome and the grit i ike so ill follow Potvins advice (till choke when i say that as a ranger fan) and decide after each play 250 gms.

Too many teams still have enforcers, selleck doesnt fit that role. After Booth I and II i will never want this team to lack one. Enforcers and fighting are still here and likely to stay.

I think its frivolous to trade or pay for a number one goalie right now with all the flashes of brilliance Marky shows. I do want a better backup then a lifetime one, someone with big game experience to mentor.
Agree about sample size. Petro does look very promising.

Selleck fits that role well enough. Especially when you consider that for Selleck to "take care" of a Booth type situation he'd have to be on the ice. A heavyweight doesn't really deter headshots in the NHL or we wouldn't have the problem. Also, Selleck could be a decent 4th line guy, especially because he skates so well and you know he's going to do ANYTHING Dineen asks him. In his 6-8 minutes of ice time, he can be more effective than a heavyweight. I also wouldn't worry too much about a Booth situation because we're going to have Guds and Petrovic on the ice. I'm more than satisfied with Guds, Petrovic, and Selleck if things in a rare occasion get out of hand.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:28 AM
  #146
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
This. He just hates Guds, wanted Fowler (or who knows), doesn't take anything into account. Its embarrassing at this point.

Also, heavies aren't going extinct, that's ridiculous, and a non-fight fans dumb outlook. Ottawa, NYI, and Toronto all had more than one heavy, and they're all in the post-season. Torres has gone with Prust, Brookbank, and Gleason, some big boys. Kaleta's gone with Orr, Prust, and Matt Martin to name a few, so sorry bit you're wrong. I'm not opposed to Selleck, but judging him by one game is a poor call. And he got knocked out by mid-ranked enforcer in his last call-up. If he stays in a lower class an fights the Boll, Glass, and Ashams mostly, fine. And I'm all for moving out Parros. He doesn't enforce, he fights. Sometimes. Not an Orr, Laus, or MacIntyre. Can't stand that.

And Markstrom is still finding his game, he is erratic, but the defense has also been a mess in front of him. Again, whole picture!! I'm iffy on the kid, but its clear to me he's working on his game.
Petrovic may turn out better than Guds but it's way too early to tell. It also doesn't mean Guds is bad, it just means Petrovic would end up being very good. Nothing wrong with that.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:32 AM
  #147
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Again, he got flattened by a mid-ranked Westgarth, and lost in the AHL to Tarnasky and a few guys that size. He's not Rinaldo, and Rinaldo isn't a great fighter, either. Lost to Guds.

I wish we'd hung onto Glass. I'm fine with Selleck, to a degree, but would rather we move out Yosemite and bring Orr. Colton gets in guys faces, HAS fought Kaleta AND Looch (w's on both), can play well enough not hurt, and is aggressive. If Orr is willing, would love it.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:34 AM
  #148
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Again, he got flattened by a mid-ranked Westgarth, and lost in the AHL to Tarnasky and a few guys that size. He's not Rinaldo, and Rinaldo isn't a great fighter, either. Lost to Guds.

I wish we'd hung onto Glass. I'm fine with Selleck, to a degree, but would rather we move out Yosemite and bring Orr. Colton gets in guys faces, HAS fought Kaleta AND Looch (w's on both), can play well enough not hurt, and is aggressive. If Orr is willing, would love it.
I really don't care about how good he is a fighter. Also, Westgarth and Selleck are not even in the same fighter weight class. It's not that important. On the list of things that need to be improved, the quality of fighter is at the bottom. I'd rather have a guy who will hit and skate well, and play defense.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:34 AM
  #149
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Petrovic may turn out better than Guds but it's way too early to tell. It also doesn't mean Guds is bad, it just means Petrovic would end up being very good. Nothing wrong with that.
I agree, and I'm really rooting for Petro, loved what he's brought so far. Mostly love that he's an iceberg, players of all sizes just bounce off of him. So much fun to watch. He could be better, I just take issue with a guy doing all he can to bash a kid who started in the NHL and isn't the same as he was last season.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:35 AM
  #150
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I really don't care about how good he is a fighter. It's not that important. On the list of things that need to be improved, the quality of fighter is at the bottom. I'd rather have a guy who will hit and skate well, and play defense.
Yeah, I get that, but being able to fight is important. Just saying I'd rather have a Chris Stewart than a Rinaldo.

Edit: and you're basically saying you'd rather have Selleck than Skille.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.